Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun clubs Dublin or surounding

Options
  • 28-11-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Just wondering if there are any gun clubs around Dublin not so much clay club as in gun clubs with land and outings and stuff thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Maybe someone on the shooting forum may help u there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mod - moved to shooting forum where you should get more replies. Good luck OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cosieman

Courtlough is in ballbriggan they offer clay pigeon shooting 22 pistol and 22 rifle 22 range is subsonic ammo only they are building a centrefire rifle range soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Hack12

Hilltop in Newtownmountkennedy, Wicklow has smallbore pistol/rifle, fullbore pistol/rifle, benchrest, clays.

BRC also have smallbore pistol & rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Did that new range in tallaght ever kick off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

cosieman wrote: »
    Courtlough is in ballbriggan they offer clay pigeon shooting 22 pistol and 22 rifle 22 range is subsonic ammo only they are building a centrefire rifle range soon.

Sub-sonic only for .22 and they are building a centrefire range ? If noise is an issue this seems very strange ?

I'm not too far from Courtlough so would love to see a centrefire range as its the main reason I never sought to join. Anyone have more details on this ?

I think they only allow subsonic hollow points because their steel targets are not the greatest not sure why it isnt allowed on the paper range shame because federal champion works decent in my gun and it is cheap. their 22lr ammo is kinda expensive their 20 quid for 100 cci subsonic hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

Fingal is a good range on the northside, or if you are on the west side of Dublin, Harbour House in Kildare is another option.

Best advice is to check out a couple on a Saturday morning and find out which one suits the type of shooting you want to do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I believe, and the OP can correct me if i'm wrong, the OP is referring to a gun club in the context of a game shooting club and not a gun range.

IOW it's an NARGC type thing, not range recommendations.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I know from talking to some of the lads in the shop you will need to have a sound mod to shoot on the centrefire range not sure if they allow 308 or only stuff like 223.

• Advertisement
Advertisement