Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free physical Revolut card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Mushy wrote: »
    I can imagine next Tuesday could see the pound take a hit. Mainly if the deal gets voted down now, but will be keeping an eye out

How does one make sure they have sterling on the card/account? I have 20e in the account, then when go into rates I've a few paired up. Is there another step to do?

Scrap that, I see where to exchange it now
    Yeah thats the goal would be nice to exchange some at 94-5, last time it was close to even back in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Mushy wrote: »
    How does one make sure they have sterling on the card/account? I have 20e in the account, then when go into rates I've a few paired up. Is there another step to do?

Scrap that, I see where to exchange it now
    The beauty of it is you don't need to have the desired currency in your account, it'll convert from the first available balance as it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Have an ancient card with no tap function, can their first customers not avail of a new card?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

KilOit wrote: »
    Have an ancient card with no tap function, can their first customers not avail of a new card?

There was the option to upgrade for free to a contactless MasterCard about a year ago. It was well publicised here on Boards. There was also the option to sign up for a free Visa card during beta testing shortly afterwards.

I've ended up with a MasterCard, two Visa cards and a virtual Visa card on my Revolut account, all free!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Quackster wrote: »
    There was the option to upgrade for free to a contactless MasterCard about a year ago. It was well publicised here on Boards. There was also the option to sign up for a free Visa card during beta testing shortly afterwards.

I've ended up with a MasterCard, two Visa cards and a virtual Visa card on my Revolut account, all free!

I'll keep an eye out so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I made money exchanging to gbp for a week and back again recently, it wasn’t intentional I was planning on making a purchase over the weekend but the deal fell through, I was up €75 so I was happy
    It’s a risky game playing the currency market but some people enjoy it

The cryptocurrency feature can be a bit of craic. I know that it’s a stripped back version but I had great fun playing around with it over the last few weeks with small amounts of money. Made a few pound on XRP as it was going up and then bailed out with my profit before it crashed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Card arrived, it's visa and doesn't work with Google Pay. Pity as its the only need I have for the card.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Card arrived, it's visa and doesn't work with Google Pay. Pity as its the only need I have for the card.

I think all be cards these days are visa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

The premium cards are still mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Has anyone managed to set up a Prime uk account using a revolut virtual card? In setting up the account would you need to put in a uk address or will the card be the only thing they look at?

Does the card have to be changed to uk setting or currency?

• Advertisement

What are you trying to achieve by having a U.K. prime account ?

Watching content that they don't make available to Irish account holders. Geoblocking isn't an issue.

I want to see a film that is only available to prime uk.

ring them and tell them you are in the uk and they will give you access to uk amazon prime video

I don't think I will bother with it. It is too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I didn't even ring them. Just sent an email.

Before you do it, go into your Content and Devices settings, click on Preferences and change Country/Region Settings to United Kingdom.

This is after you've signed up for Prime. I have the UK content now.

Also, I have Student Prime, 6 months free and then (I think) £3.99 a month afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

VG31 wrote: »
    The premium cards are still mastercard.

I just got a free Mastercard from Transferwise (I kinda prefer it to Revolut - it has a nice browser interface along with an app too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I just got a free Mastercard from Transferwise (I kinda prefer it to Revolut - it has a nice browser interface along with an app too)

But TransferWise doesn't support Apple Pay or Google Pay.

https://transferwise.com/help/article/2935507/transferwise-debit-mastercard/does-my-transferwise-debit-mastercard-work-with-apple-pay-or-google-pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

The free card I got is MasterCard. Did everyone else get VISA ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Fair enough. I don't use either of those so I'm none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Does google pay work on iPhone? Can’t get it in App Store. Wallet doesn’t support Revolut MasterCard or my local bank visa debit card

webpal wrote: »
    Does google pay work on iPhone? Can’t get it in App Store. Wallet doesn’t support Revolut MasterCard or my local bank visa debit card
    Google Pay - formerly known as Android Pay? No :D

Apple don't support any NFC usage outside of their own tightly controlled apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I've no idea but using Google pay on an iPhone is all kinds of wrong and dirty in my eyes, be sure wash your hands after ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Looks like it can but not in this region.

Going back to topic I love the way this card gives you instant notifications when used and you can attach receipts

Looks like it can but not in this region.

Going back to topic I love the way this card gives you instant notifications when used and you can attach receipts
    I don't know why the Irish banks don't start doing this, they all have apps and most allow you to pull transactions very soon after they happen. Anytime I talk to people about Revolut and N26 they mention the instant notifications as the one of the best things about them and reasons for switching, myself included.

How long ago did you receive this card?

TheChizler wrote: »
    I don't know why the Irish banks don't start doing this, they all have apps and most allow you to pull transactions very soon after they happen. Anytime I talk to people about Revolut and N26 they mention the instant notifications as the one of the best things about them and reasons for switching, myself included.

KBC have added a little bit of functionality which Revolut offers. Can freeze your card yourself straight away if you have lost it.

But instant push notifications in tandem with the above would really help cut down on fraud. I reckon it would save the banks millions.

Wheety wrote: »
    How long ago did you receive this card?

Last Friday.

This might be a stupid question, but do the banks charge for withdrawals to this card?

topping up the card is free

Brilliant, thanks. I just bought a camera from currys.co.uk and saved roughly €7 by using this card. Much better exchange rate.

Did you sign up for a standard or premium account?

Quackster wrote: »
    Did you sign up for a standard or premium account?

Just the standard. My physical card is MasterCard and my virtual card is VISA. I thought both were the meant to be the same card.

Last Friday.

This might be a stupid question, but do the banks charge for withdrawals to this card?
    A Revolut top-up is a regular debit from your bank's point of view, so if your bank charges a fee for that you'll be charged the same as if you made a regular purchase online. Most banks don't, or give you the ability to avoid fees.

• Advertisement

Just the standard. My physical card is MasterCard and my virtual card is VISA. I thought both were the meant to be the same card.

No, you can have a mixture of Visas and Mastercards, both virtual and physical, on the one account. It's just that all standard physical cards issued since late last year have been Visas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement