Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free physical Revolut card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered their physical card recently? Mine was due to arrive on 17 December at the latest but still no sign. I'm reluctant to reorder just in case it's slow given the time of year.

Anyone else delayed in getting theirs?

Mine due also 17th but I got it few days previous was surprised as I thought it would be delayed with Xmas etc

got mine on 10th, in less then a week ordered one for family member on 11th or so with date of 20th, but no sign of if yet :/ strangely haven't got any mail in past week at all, besides parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Do you still have to transfer €10 to get the card.

Mine was you transfer €10 but could transfer it back.
    So it's not like the card cost anything.

Also does it have be transferred from your own bank account.

Edit: I'v read the promo and you do have to transfer the €10 but does it have tobe from a bank belonging to you.?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Do you still have to transfer €10 to get the card.

Mine was you transfer €10 but could transfer it back.
    So it's not like the card cost anything.

Also does it have be transferred from your own bank account.

Edit: I'v read the promo and you do have to transfer the €10 but does it have tobe from a bank belonging to you.?

Yes. It's part of their AML requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

andydurnin wrote: »
    where can I find it free, I went in on app and it said get now for €5.99?

Rumour is that if you sign up and lodge the €10 in the account and wait...........after about 2 -3 weeks of them sending you emails they will eventually offer you a free card. Thats what happend in my case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Hi, apologies if this being asked before. I have the standard revolut card and I'm going over to the uk to buy a car in the new year, its going to cost about £25k. Is there a limit i can spend and is it instant? Thanks. Darren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

bod71 wrote: »
    Hi, apologies if this being asked before. I have the standard revolut card and I'm going over to the uk to buy a car in the new year, its going to cost about £25k. Is there a limit i can spend and is it instant? Thanks. Darren.

I'd say chat to their online customer service to see if there are any changes, but about 2 years back when I was looking to do the same, there were some limits- as per the below.

Card spending is limited to £30,000 or equivalent per year with a sublimit of £5,000 or equivalent per 96 hours meaning that you cannot exceed £5,000 or equivalent in card spending in a 96 hour period.

You can top up your revolut account with 25k then transfer it to the sellers bank account, there is no limit for that. But transfer won't be instant. Guess you'd have to make 2 trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Has anyone ordered their physical card recently? Mine was due to arrive on 17 December at the latest but still no sign. I'm reluctant to reorder just in case it's slow given the time of year.

Anyone else delayed in getting theirs?

Just to let ye know. This arrived in the post earlier. So if yours is delayed. Fear not.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bank transfer with Revolut is the same day if you upgrade to premium just for the month and then cancel it, otherwise it’s 2-3 days
    You might get a better response on the banking forum where there is a Revolut thread, Revolut chat can be hit and miss sometimes

Revolut is part of Faster Payments in the UK. This means if you transfer from Revolut to an account with another UK bank that uses Faster Payments during a working day, it goes through in a matter of hours. I bought a car in the UK at the beginning of the year and paid by bank transfer from Revolut - the money was in the dealer's account about half an hour after I sent it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Is that with the premium Revolut ?
    I sent someone £3k to a U.K. bank account and it took 2 working days last week and the previous time it was 3 working days but I’m using the basic Revolut

No, just the basic account. Unless the receiving account's bank is not on the Faster Payments system? But I was under the impression that Faster Payments is now the industry norm for UK domestic bank transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

My card was due on the 15th but still haven't got iy, went on to speak to their live chat today and he cancelled the card and I had to order a new one at no charge. They seemed fair enough and obviously it's a busy time of year so it's now due on January 7th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

kerry37 wrote: »
    My card was due on the 15th but still haven't got iy, went on to speak to their live chat today and he cancelled the card and I had to order a new one at no charge. They seemed fair enough and obviously it's a busy time of year so it's now due on January 7th

Mine was due on the 17th but actually arrived yesterday. So if anyone else is in the same boat, maybe just wait a bit longer rather than restarting the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Anyone know how this business of using the pin for 1st transaction works? I presume i need to physically go to a shop? Which obv isn't much use today :-(
    Also i have no idea what the pin is..will it have been posted or can i get it electronically?
    Sorry for all the q's, 30 odd pages is a mighty thread to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

123654789 wrote: »
    Anyone know how this business of using the pin for 1st transaction works? I presume i need to physically go to a shop? Which obv isn't much use today :-(
    Also i have no idea what the pin is..will it have been posted or can i get it electronically?
    Sorry for all the q's, 30 odd pages is a mighty thread to read

You set the pin in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Has anyone used it with PayPal as withdrew money from PayPal to the card/account .Whats the processing time.
    I presume it will be fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Thanks guys, that's me sorted!
    Happy Christmas ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Has anyone used it with PayPal as withdrew money from PayPal to the card/account .Whats the processing time.
    Allegedly you can get it to work if you add your Revolut IBAN to PayPal but abandon the process before getting to the setting up a direct debit stage. Takes up to a day to transfer.

Add your Revolut BIC / IBAN details to Paypal and then request withdrawal.

From the Paypal confirmation email I received: "It could take 1-2 business days for the money to appear in your bank account, depending on your bank. If it takes longer, please contact your bank."

family member got card on 24 that was due for 20th in case some are waiting, as it was out almost for 3 weeks.

Thou interestingly when topping up first time there was an issue with 3d security on visa on BoI account, and for some reason account got hit with 1e fee twice doing two 10e topups, not sure why that happened as it was direct top up by entering card details :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Is this like the 3Money card?

Does anybody know how they compare? I have three and got a notification that monthly fees will be going up from January. Not happy about that naturally.

CyberGhost wrote: »

Does anybody know how they compare? I have three and got a notification that monthly fees will be going up from January. Not happy about that naturally.

3money is Euro only prepaid, with this you can spend in and convert to many different currencies. You can also top up instantly using an app on your phone

• Advertisement

3money is Euro only prepaid, with this you can spend in and convert to many different currencies. You can also top up instantly using an app on your phone

Where do you top it up if you don't want to do it through your phone (connected to your bank account I assume).

This is much better and free

There are no monthly fees associated with it?

Where do you top it up if you don't want to do it through your phone (connected to your bank account I assume).

Why would you not want to use your phone? This whole bank account service is app based, you topup in the app using your back card

You can top it up as it has AN IBAN and the other you may need.
    So on a PC you send money from your bank account to your cards IBAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    Add your Revolut BIC / IBAN details to Paypal and then request withdrawal.

From the Paypal confirmation email I received: "It could take 1-2 business days for the money to appear in your bank account, depending on your bank. If it takes longer, please contact your bank."

How long did it take?

An other thing is if you loose your main bank card you can send money to this one and go on like nothing happened.
    Report and replace.

How long did it take?

One was overnight and I can't remember the other exactly but it was over a weekend so much longer.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Jeff2 wrote: »
    An other thing is if you loose your main bank card you can send money to this one and go on like nothing happened.
    Report and replace.

This is what I did when my bank debit card got swallowed by a machine abroad. Thankfully I had the Revolut card with me in my wallet. I topped up the card on my phone and just carried on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Revolut are sending me messages on the app asking for my tax statement from 2015. Is this normal?

• Advertisement

Revolut are sending me messages on the app asking for my tax statement from 2015. Is this normal?
    are you moving a lot money trough it ? if not then odd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement