Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips Airfryer XL

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Is it worth buying any of the attachments that come recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hoboo wrote: »
    Nor do I. Heads up would have been nice though.

There was a heads up, I posted it in the Amazon Black Friday thread. It was only available for 24 hours as a deal of the day. The model in question was grey in colour so didnt suit me but others got on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

After waiting for month for the Phillips to come up, I missed it :-)

I am just wondering is the Lidl one any good?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=14003

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone else's XL make a ticking noise when it initially starts up? Usen't to and neither did my regular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

sweetie wrote:
    Anyone else's XL make a ticking noise when it initially starts up? Usen't to and neither did my regular one.

It's definitely a bomb. However, I'm willing to throw myself on that grenade for you, as the saying goes, and take it off your hands without charging you a penny lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

sweetie wrote: »
    Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's a little bit smokey but otherwise doing a fine job of cooking some breakfast food.

Hal1 wrote: »
    It's a little bit smokey but otherwise doing a fine job of cooking some breakfast food.

sit it under the extractor fan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

km79 wrote: »
    Not even close to the 50 percent bargain it says. Its been priced similarly recently.
    Also why would you buy two of the same device...that and your link is suspicious. Looks like an affiliate.

WHAT !!!!!!
    I have almost 30000 posts on boards .
    I paid 129.99 in the summer after nearly a year of watching the price. So 4 months ago
    Its now 15 pound cheaper than that
    It’s is a brilliant addition to the kit and myself and my wife have already said we will prob get a second one to allow us to cook a few more things together at the same time

I also have 2 chromecasts . Got one last year even though I had one
    3 TVs
    2 xboxes
    Will I go on ?

Perhaps do some research on the poster before casting completely unfounded assertions .

Glad I took the time to set up the thread now
    Christ almighty

Enlighten yourself you ape ;)
    3 posts . All critical of amazon deals .
    Wonder if you are affiliated with a rival ......
    Ha ha , sweating just reading your answer,trials and tribulations of a boards threader( new word?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Not even close to the 50 percent bargain it says. Its been priced similarly recently.
    Also why would you buy two of the same device...that and your link is suspicious. Looks like an affiliate.

WHAT !!!!!!
    I have almost 30000 posts on boards .
    I paid 129.99 in the summer after nearly a year of watching the price. So 4 months ago
    Its now 15 pound cheaper than that
    It’s is a brilliant addition to the kit and myself and my wife have already said we will prob get a second one to allow us to cook a few more things together at the same time

I also have 2 chromecasts . Got one last year even though I had one
    3 TVs
    2 xboxes
    Will I go on ?

Perhaps do some research on the poster before casting completely unfounded assertions .

Glad I took the time to set up the thread now
    Christ almighty

Enlighten yourself you ape ;)
    3 posts . All critical of amazon deals .
    Wonder if you are affiliated with a rival ......
    Ha ha , sweating just reading your answer,trials and tribulations of a boards threader( new word?)
    on here at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭interlocked

XL is a Deal Of the Day on Amazon for £120

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tema

Philips fryer users please advise Is the xl better than the xxl one? Opinions are divided. Also does it need additional accessories like grill pan or skewer rack as they suggest.

tema wrote: »
    Philips fryer users please advise Is the xl better than the xxl one? Opinions are divided. Also does it need additional accessories like grill pan or skewer rack as they suggest.
    You won't be getting the xxl for this price. The 9240 advertised comes with no accessories. I've used it alongside its baby brother and it's excellent. Has been better, but it's still a really good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dodzy wrote:
    You won't be getting the xxl for this price. The 9240 advertised comes with no accessories. I've used it alongside its baby brother and it's excellent. Has been better, but it's still a really good price.

Xxl was sub £80 in early December IIRC, could been a blip I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can do sides in one meats in the other
    That’s how I am justifying it to myself anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Price is up to 204GBP now.

Can do sides in one meats in the other
    That’s how I am justifying it to myself anyway

Steak in one......chips in the other :)

469370.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like I got in just in time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭ongarite

Back on sale today as part of Philips sponsored DOTD:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9240-90-Collection-Airfryer/dp/B00BS97UUA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

OmegaGene wrote: »
    £164.99 to save a click

Yeah.. It goes quite a bit lower regularly enough..

Was waiting for a price drop to get another one, but I'll hold off till it's sub £150 again..

Advertisement