Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips Airfryer XL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

km79 wrote: »

These are good but we are already on our second one in two years. First one just died and wouldn't start. The one we have now the timer behaves a little crazy. We might set for ten minutes and it starts flickering up and down. Seems to be related to the type if food being cooked or if there any oil in bottom of the tray.

Good product but not without it's flaws.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

That is a bargain price!!
    If I didn't have one I'd buy one!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have the old style one about 5 years and never had a problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

These are good but we are already on our second one in two years. First one just died and wouldn't start. The one we have now the timer behaves a little crazy. We might set for ten minutes and it starts flickering up and down. Seems to be related to the type if food being cooked or if there any oil in bottom of the tray.

Thanks,
    Mick
    My original Phillip's arifryer is going stronger after years of abuse.
    Had an issue not long ago with the xl airfryer.
    Emailed Philips ,sent it back to them for repair.
    All done within a week.
    So there fairly good if there's an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EnlightenedApe

Not even close to the 50 percent bargain it says. Its been priced similarly recently.
    Also why would you buy two of the same device...that and your link is suspicious. Looks like an affiliate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not even close to the 50 percent bargain it says. Its been priced similarly recently.
    Also why would you buy two of the same device...that and your link is suspicious. Looks like an affiliate.

WHAT !!!!!!
    I have almost 30000 posts on boards .
    I paid 129.99 in the summer after nearly a year of watching the price. So 4 months ago
    Its now 15 pound cheaper than that
    It’s is a brilliant addition to the kit and myself and my wife have already said we will prob get a second one to allow us to cook a few more things together at the same time

I also have 2 chromecasts . Got one last year even though I had one
    3 TVs
    2 xboxes
    Will I go on ?

Perhaps do some research on the poster before casting completely unfounded assertions .

Glad I took the time to set up the thread now
    Christ almighty

Enlighten yourself you ape ;)
    3 posts . All critical of amazon deals .
    Wonder if you are affiliated with a rival ......

WHAT !!!!!!
    I paid 129.99 in the summer after nearly a year of watching the price. So 4 months ago
    It’s is a brilliant addition to the kit and myself and my wife have already said we will prob get a second one to allow us to cook a few more things together at the same time

3 TVs
    2 xboxes
    Will I go on ?

Perhaps do some research on the poster before casting completely unfounded assertions .

Christ almighty

Relax,
    I just noticed your link includes a linkcode in it which looked dodgey. Im just throwing it out there. If you arent an affiliate thats fine.

Also I think a lot of these Amazon.co.uk "deals" are clearly trying to build up a frenzy by posting illegitimate 50 percent off all over the place. Its unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

WHAT !!!!!!

3 TVs
    2 xboxes
    Will I go on ?

Christ almighty

It's a very good price. You'd do well to get this lower than 200 euro at any other time of the year

It's a very good price. You'd do well to get this lower than 200 euro at any other time of the year

Right how about June when it was 140....

Not saying that its not good price but their percentages are totally misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Not saying that its not good price but their percentages are totally misleading.

All retailers are misleading and all sales are misleading if that's the case. People need to be knowledagble and if they get whipped up into a frenzy they are impulse buyers and will get burned

What you do have here is a product cheaper than its been before and as such is a bargain in my humble opinion.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i had the regular digital one and the timer went a bit haywire after years of abuse and i picked up the xl for 140 back in the summer and its so much better, the quality is very good compared to the regular one and easier to clean
    great bit of kit and my cooker is virtually retired now

as for the person saying the op is an affiliate it might be because skim recourses comes up when the link is clicked but i am sure thats boards.ie getting paid not the op
    Link brings me straight to amazon site? What are skim resources?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

that's the name of the game with RRP

everyone knows that already, if you don't, well should you be allowed out of the house with cash at all?

Great piece of kit, hardly use the oven at all. 3 Minutes up to temp, rather than 30 mins in the oven

I might buy the bigger size, it was a bit expensive when I got the my other one

Been going strong 5 years, most Philips stuff I've found to be good

Only thing I would say is the basket, not than easy to clean and there is a newer basket floating around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Cheers OP just ordered one there. Are the accessories like the shelf and grill pan necessary/ useful? They seem to be very expensive.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This is what skim resources looks like and it maybe why the poster was mentioning someone being an affiliate but that’s not what it is

Cheers
    That doesn’t come up for me on any boards link

Cheers OP just ordered one there. Are the accessories like the shelf and grill pan necessary/ useful? They seem to be very expensive.

I didn’t get those but I got a pack of accessories separately which included 2 separate kind of shelves
    Handy for cooking chips under chicken goujons etc
    I’ll root back through my orders and find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Useful, but for me not necessary. I throw chips around homemade burgers, put full fry minus the egg in at the same time. Ok needs to be arranged, but it all fits and cooks perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Hoboo wrote: »
    Useful, but for me not necessary. I throw chips around homemade burgers, put full fry minus the egg in at the same time. Ok needs to be arranged, but it all fits and cooks perfectly.

Will see how it goes and decide then, looks like there are a couple of third party options that are much cheaper than the custom Philips accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Also I think a lot of these Amazon.co.uk "deals" are clearly trying to build up a frenzy by posting illegitimate 50 percent off all over the place. Its unethical.

I bought the Philips HD9218/11 for £71 on Amazon on Friday. Best I can see it anywhere now is €140 on DID Electrical. Amazon now have it back at £139.99

I bought the Philips HD9218/11 for £71 on Amazon on Friday. Best I can see it anywhere now is €140 on DID Electrical. Amazon now have it back at £139.99

Don't recall seeing that bargain alert..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

2 years and still going strong..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

mine came with the shelf, pretty useless, possibly brings the food on top too close to the element. Actually used it once this week

Kinda like trying to grill one pizza under another.

The easier clean base might be the only thing worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Thanks OP, this is a great spot.

I have been considering getting one of these Airfryers. The only thing I am concerned about and what has stopped me in the past is the actual amount of food that can be cooked per batch.

I know this model is the XL, but are they actually suitable for a family of 5 (3 under 7)...or would it be a case of doing multiple batches and trying to keep warm before serving?...which kind of defeats the purpose or so Mrs Wonderfish says! :D

Thanks in advance!

Thanks OP, this is a great spot.

I have been considering getting one of these Airfryers. The only thing I am concerned about and what has stopped me in the past is the actual amount of food that can be cooked per batch.

I know this model is the XL, but are they actually suitable for a family of 5 (3 under 7)...or would it be a case of doing multiple batches and trying to keep warm before serving?...which kind of defeats the purpose or so Mrs Wonderfish says! :D

Thanks in advance!
    We are a family of 4 and i will be honest you wont get a whole meal for 5 done in one go which is why I am strongly considering buying a second one.......

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

We've had one for 6 months now and absolutely love it. Family of 5, 3 kids under 7 and 90% of the food we cook now for the family is in the Air Fryer.

One thing that did kind of surprise me though is the noise. It's definitely not as quiet as a normal oven. That said it often cooks things in 30-50% less time so even if it's on the noisy side while it's on, it's not on for very long.

Cooks pretty much everything we've ever thrown at it better than a conventional oven. Only thing we've struggled to better are roasties but that's a work in progress!

Don't recall seeing that bargain alert..

I don't recall seeing it in the forum charter that I report all my purchases to Bargain Alerts.

I don't recall seeing it in the forum charter that I report all my purchases to Bargain Alerts.

Nor do I. Heads up would have been nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It says £250 is the RRP which is correct, so your issue should be with philips who list it on their site as £250. It was never the same price before, unless you know of some flash sale that did not register on CCC.

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/HD9240_90/avance-collection-airfryer-xl-with-rapid-air-technology

now this crowd are chancers selling for £250 reduced from £270, but they are not claiming 270 was RRP

https://www.very.co.uk/philips-hd924090-12kg-airfryer-xl-black/1600093609.prd
    I know this model is the XL, but are they actually suitable for a family of 5 (3 under 7)
    I would want bigger, there is a philips XXL but it is only slightly bigger. If my philips breaks I am getting the 5L power airfryer, which is popular in the US and can be got in europe easily enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

[I would want bigger, there is a philips XXL but it is only slightly bigger. If my philips breaks I am getting the 5L power airfryer, which is popular in the US and can be got in europe easily enough now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for insight, would this be the 5L one you are referencing:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073QVBHSZ/?coliid=I1QIURD71AL1XM&colid=2BQWPWTMGB8YV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thanks,
    Mick

Had my first for 3 years, I dropped it off the kitchen counter and it never closed again properly so I bought another and its still going strong 2 years later. Essential piece of kitchen equipment.

I've bought so much crap and flavour of the month kitchen gadgets over the years but this still gets daily use.

• Advertisement

Nor do I. Heads up would have been nice though.

I would have thought that if you were in the market for an airfryer, as I was, you would have checked Amazon on Black Friday

Advertisement