Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v USA | Joe Schmidt 36 hour speculation thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,211 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lol. They awarded motm too early.

Ringrose best player by miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Very forgettable ending to a good November series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ringrose is disgustingly good at rugby

Being also only 23 further enhances the disgustingness.

He's had a real elder statesman's performance tonight. He looked very much like the lad from the A team shepherding the B team along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Very forgettable ending to a good November series.

?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,812 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Clegg wrote: »
    Lol. They awarded motm too early.

Ringrose best player by miles.

He was almost taking the piss at the end!

Best 13 in the world IMO. In fact the more I think about it, he is comfortably the best 13 in the world.

Edit - in hindsight a fit Jonathan Davies might have something to say, but other than that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

God 57 points and the comments round here , I suppose its the heights of Irish rugby now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Conan in a sling?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ringrose was motm. A class act.

Very Earlsesque performance from Conway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Hard to listen to Jackman on the RTÉ, would have being better if he went to the mart in carnew and bored the lads today.

Not sure what we learned from that match. I think some guys just tried too hard. Second half was much better than the first.

Ross Byrne was possibly the biggest winner out there tonight.

bilston wrote: »

He ran the line well - seemed to make good choices. Intelligent player. And his defence is good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Toner is absolutely ahead of Beirne, as good a player as he is.

Carberry is growing in confidence and quality incrementally.

John Ryan looked tasty.

Killer was never throwing that pass. He didn't back himself to.

Ringrose is magnificent.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Him and Addison are about the only players who came out ahead. Everyone else either didn't show anything we didn't know already, or came out behind... Think it put any calls for Cooney ahead of McGrath or Marmion to bed, but great to get him some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭durthacht

vienne86 wrote: »
    He ran the line well - seemed to make good choices. Intelligent player. And his defence is good.

Heaslip was very complimentary about Byrne on C4.

He's going, just held back from saying it there. Was a cert anyway but that's that. Win us the World Cup before you go Joe.

HE GAAWN!! HE GAWWNN!!!

He's going, just held back from saying it there. Was a cert anyway but that's that. Win us the World Cup before you go Joe.

Yes. No doubt in my mind after that.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

durthacht wrote: »
    Heaslip was very complimentary about Byrne on C4.

I heard last year that a lot of the senior players were very complimentary of Byrne - as in a lot more complimentary than they’d let on in public.

He’s rated very highly in Leinster by all accounts.

• Advertisement

Michael Cheika next Ireland Coach. Heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

He was almost taking the piss at the end!

Best 13 in the world IMO. In fact the more I think about it, he is comfortably the best 13 in the world.

Edit - in hindsight a fit Jonathan Davies might have something to say, but other than that...

Jack Goodhue is also outstanding tbh, and anyone who watches the crusaders knows he's the real deal. More thank happy with our Ringrose though.

Not having the privilege of being able to watch an interview with the Ireland rugby coach on RTE in the Black North can someone tell us what was said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Faugheen wrote: »
    I heard last year that a lot of the senior players were very complimentary of Byrne - as in a lot more complimentary than they’d let on in public.

He’s rated very highly in Leinster by all accounts.

Jackman was similar on RTE today. Didn't want to stoke the flames of Byrne vrs Carbery but was bigging him up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

Not having the privilege of being able to watch an interview with the Ireland rugby coach on RTE in the Black North can someone tell us what was said?

Claire asked what's going to be announced and Joe pretty much said the same thing he's been saying at every other interview.

But his demeanor and tone said it all

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭durthacht

Gidea wrote: »
    Claire asked what's going to be announced and Joe pretty much said the same thing he's been saying at every other interview.

But his demeanor and tone said it all

Yeah as Ferris said, Schmidt was very animated when talking about the match and the RWC but when talking about the decision appeared deflated and sad.

Interviewer was probing if he was going and he basically did everything but say he was leaving. He made it unbelievably clear and there was zero doubt in the studio either.

This is now the Joe Schmidt final 36 hour speculation thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Had Conway to score 1st Beirne anytime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Hard to listen to Jackman on the RTÉ, would have being better if he went to the mart in carnew and bored the lads today.

A very hard listen

Why are the pestering Joe, typical journos, the story first, even ahead of the greater good. The dogs on the street know he’s leaving- don’t badger him!!!

• Advertisement

Why are the pestering Joe, typical journos, the story first, even ahead of the greater good. The dogs on the street know he’s leaving- don’t badger him!!!

Scott Robertson to move upto the All Blacks camp and Schmidt to take over Crusaders with ROG.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Try_harder wrote: »

It’s called doing their job. Any reporter worth their salt who has a pretty much exclusive one-on-one does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Largely a forgettable performance apart from showing that Ross Byrne is far superior to Carbery . I would have him take over Sexton's boots any day

Carbery should be second Irish full back to Kearney,

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Largely a forgettable performance apart from showing that Ross Byrne is far superior to Carbery . I would have him take over Sexton's boots any day

Post Sexton (and probably Schmidt) it will be an interesting battle. Carbery will always get the edge on the bench because of his versatility (and we saw that tonight). But in a couple of years time the two of them will have a real battle for the 10 shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

foxyladyxx wrote: »

I thought some of Byrne's passing was very ropey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Can anyone tell me why Ireland wore a blue strip instead of green as it didn't clash with the white strip of the USA.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,836 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

marlin vs wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why Ireland wore a blue strip instead of green as it didn't clash with the white strip of the USA.

Commercial agreement to wear it at least once a year??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

razorblunt wrote: »
    I thought some of Byrne's passing was very ropey.
    Yeah, there were a couple that went behind the player and left us scrambling. I remember thinking that it's the international learning curve; not as much time and space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jackman's on tv but the Dragons are playing tomorrow?

razorblunt wrote: »
    Jackman's on tv but the Dragons are playing tomorrow?

And he's banned from the stadium...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good win with the 2nd string buys but need to learn from there mistakes

Think Joe is gone after the WC but what a ****ing job he had done

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Addison was good when he was on. Ringrose is class. Cooney was decent. Conway very good. McCloskey did alright but he’s never going to be more than a fringe player. Ruddock very good.

Lots of waffle in this thread about neither Beirne nor Henderson threatening Toners jersey. Toner has got a jersey. No lock right now has a jersey nailed down, the closest thing to a nailed on selection is Ryan. Henderson will start lots of games. Toner will start lots of games. Henderson will start lots on the bench. Toner will start lots on the bench. A game against the USA will change nothing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭blackcard

I presume that it is too late to have a national petition to get Joe to stay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Just reading through the thread after missing bits of the game - a lot of focus (positive and negative) on certain players. I'm guessing a lot of us kept an eye on players we thought might push for a starting spot, but not a lot seemed to be said about hooker? Best has been very controversial lately but not a lot was said about our hookers in this game. So what's the verdict after now? Personally I really want to see Best under pressure, and make sure Joe has a tough decision to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Just reading through the thread after missing bits of the game - a lot of focus (positive and negative) on certain players. I'm guessing a lot of us kept an eye on players we thought might push for a starting spot, but not a lot seemed to be said about hooker? Best has been very controversial lately but not a lot was said about our hookers in this game. So what's the verdict after now? Personally I really want to see Best under pressure, and make sure Joe has a tough decision to make.

I don't either of them really stood out to be honest. Scannell had a few ropey darts.

Joe Schmidt to stand down as Irish coach and return to New Zealand for family reasons - only to show up as Toulon's next head coach on outrageous money.

Teams 2 - 20 in World Rugby breathe a sigh of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Schmidt could do an Isa Nacewa and return after a couple of years!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I don't think it will happen, but I'll still cross every available extremity that the IRFU come back with a last minute "no YOU shut the f*** up" money offer to keep him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement