Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I don't give a damn" movies

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭UCD GroupThink

I, Daniel Blake (2016)
    After seeing the advert I couldn't bare to watch that film. How are we supposed to have sympathy for someone takes out his frustration by going and doing graffiti with gangsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Hurrache wrote: »
    Office Space surely has to be right up there on top of the list, that well known scene resonates with anyone who ever worked in an office.

i'm intrigued what scene is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

fryup wrote: »
    i'm intrigued what scene is that?

That one in the office.

Sorry.

Was the OP talking about films focusing on the mundane I wonder. Suppose we'll never know, I like some good mumblecore myself. Partial to a lot of the Duplass brothers earlier stuff.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Any superhero Marvel or DC sh!te since they started copying and pasting the same turdacular story with a new lick of paint because the sheep droves keep paying to see them.

I’m doing this wrong?

I don’t give a damn! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

That one in the office.

which one? half the movie is based in the office

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Falling Down

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Natural Born Killers

Cool Hand Luke (1967)
    One-Eyed Jacks (1961)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Filth with James McAvoy?

Great film that went a little under the radar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭UCD GroupThink

That one in the office.

Sorry.

Was the OP talking about films focusing on the mundane I wonder. Suppose we'll never know
    I was actually having a chat with the OP about this. He said that he wasn't so much into "don't give a damn movies" where the lead character doesn't give a damn throughout the whole movie, like 'Factotum', but more so movies where the lead character initially does gives a damn and eventually says "fcuk it"... and we get to see the transformation.

That's why 'Office Space' and 'American Beauty' are the best (and perhaps only) examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Gone with the Wind (1939)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Women without Makeup

Shame - starring Michael Fassbender

Advertisement