Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulu - online streaming 99¢ per month

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Moyglish wrote:
    Mind me asking how you paid? I tried Revolut using various zip codes, including 90210, but no luck!

I bought Hulu gift cards from mygiftcardsupply.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Ronan wrote: »
    Read on another forum that you can't get this deal with gift cards, so I'd check first before going that route.

So are giftcards definitely out for this deal then?

Or did anyone else get a gift card to work to sign up for the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I bought Hulu gift cards from mygiftcardsupply.

Hi, can you confirm you used that for this weekend's deal please? Wondering where you would enter it in, theres a tab for credit/debit card and one for express check out options on the Hulu site. Does the gift card number go straight in the credit card entry?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Redeem your giftcard here: https://secure.hulu.com/start/gifting.

I used this method and there was no $0.99 offer available.

darlett wrote:
    Hi, can you confirm you used that for this weekend's deal please? Wondering where you would enter it in, theres a tab for credit/debit card and one for express check out options on the Hulu site. Does the gift card number go straight in the credit card entry?

No. I've had Hulu for the last six months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

So, does this work without a US credit/debit card? I tried Revolut with dollar currency but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Did anyone get this working on the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Did anyone get this working on the end?

Hopefully someone did!

I'm already on hulu and paid up till March so I couldn't avail of the offer.

Looks like you can only get this with prepaid virtual US card and US Unlocked (the most trusted one) isn't tatking new customers at the moment
    Fees on top of loading inc 15dollar initial fee and various fees for different amounts so...

I don't know if there are any more trustworthy US virtual card companies I'm sure there are

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

Hi I tried this last night using ExpressVPN and Revolut and didn't work on Macbook.

Tried again now on iPhone with ExpressVPN and Revolut- didn't work.

Tried it with N26 and it worked! Got the $0.99 per month for a year. Downloaded app on to phone and have tried it and it works. :D:cool:

I've been getting emails from mygiftcard telling me about the Hulu offer so you should be able to get it. I will say after being with Hulu for the last 6 months their redeem gift card link is hit and miss

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

Looks like Hulu will be coming to Ireland anyway

https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-news/hulu-ireland-expansion-384798/

*Don't know how reliable that article is

Looks like Hulu will be coming to Ireland anyway

https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-news/hulu-ireland-expansion-384798/

*Don't know how reliable that article is

Ive no doubt they will but like Netflix & amazon prime video they are restricted in what they can show in Ireland. This is usually down to the Irish channels having the rights to show programs.

I'd imagine Hulu would be a tiny shadow of itself by the time it hits Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I checked what was available to watch and decided to give it a miss. Netflix, prime video, shudder and sky go got me covered in fairness!

Philster wrote: »
    Hi I tried this last night using ExpressVPN and Revolut and didn't work on Macbook.

Tried it with N26 and it worked! Got the $0.99 per month for a year. Downloaded app on to phone and have tried it and it works. :D:cool:

Decided to sign up for N26 and try that seeing as you had success with it, disappointed to see however after the painful verification process (but that's another story!) that you don't get a virtual debit card number to use right away like with Revolut. So I'm all outta luck on this one I guess. :(

But congrats to whoever managed to nab the deal!

Moyglish wrote: »
    Decided to sign up for N26 and try that seeing as you had success with it, disappointed to see however after the painful verification process (but that's another story!) that you don't get a virtual debit card number to use right away like with Revolut. So I'm all outta luck on this one I guess. :(

I literally just signed up to find out the same thing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

Moyglish wrote: »

If by painful process you mean trying to get it to accept your application and photo/ selfie then believe me I bought that t-shirt last month and was also disappointed at the time that I'd no virtual card to use. :(
    That is a shame. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

How easy is it too setup an American paypal account? I set up a Mexican one no problem recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

sweetie wrote: »
    How easy is it too setup an American paypal account? I set up a Mexican one no problem recently.

I set up one last night using a VPN no problem

I set up a US PayPal account last night, but when trying to sign up for the Hulu deal it still wanted a US based card to pay, even though I preloaded the US PayPal account with $12 which I thought would cover the 12 month subscription. So no joy there for me that way either.

Anyone get the US PayPal account to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Philster wrote: »

This also worked for me, cheers for the heads up.

• Advertisement

the offer seems to be finished now, but there's a 6 dollar ad free per month, wonder if that would work with the gift card site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

the offer seems to be finished now, but there's a 6 dollar ad free per month, wonder if that would work with the gift card site

That's a good deal, half price essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

" Valid for Limited Commercials plan only"
    24USd saving
    It's for new and eligible return subs so reading the above posts about giftcards I'd say yes - BUT I don't know :)

Advertisement