Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulu - online streaming 99¢ per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Moyglish wrote:
    Might be worth a shot at $12 for a years worth of viewing for anyone interested.

Well worth it. Once you have hulu you can get hbo through hulu.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

The only issue I can see so far is that it looks like you have to have a US issued credit card to pay. I'll try and see later if I can get Revolut loaded with $ or PayPal to work when signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

I wonder what does limited commercials mean? Every 10min rather than 5min?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The ads are mindblowingly annoying on most streams.
    I switched from limited ads to no ads because I could not stick the frequency of them

However, for 0.99c per month for 12 months that's great
    New and returning customers only though

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I switched from limited ads to no ads because I could not stick the frequency of them

Mind me asking how you paid for your subscription previously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Moyglish wrote: »
    Mind me asking how you paid for your subscription previously?

https://www.mygiftcardsupply.com/shop/hulu-gift-cards/

Hulu Giftcards - was easier than the mullarkey of US virtual credit card and addresses etc

It's about 30.00 USD for a 25 USD giftcard - they do a 50 USD one too (about 59.00 USD)

Legit site, have used them multiple times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wandererz

I've been using Hulu for a few years now.
    Well worth it for the series. Unfortunately, brands like Marvel did deals with Netflix & others so certain shows were removed. But still great for variety.

Hulu & Netflix cover most of my viewing.

Use mygiftcardsupply.com for Hulu & Microsoft subscriptions.

Xbox is set to USA region. Hulu & Netflix apps installed so that i can get US versions. I also use a DNS masking service that bypasses geo restrictions.

Going by the above, just thinking aloud here.. 2 boardsies could join together perhaps to buy 1 gift card between both ($30 / 2 = $15 each, to get a $25 Hulu gift card, which would cover both users for 12 months of the 99¢ deal)

So $15 each ($25 gift card plus $5 fee shared by 2 people) should cover 2 annual subs.

Although Nevermind, I'm sure once you apply the gift card to one Hulu account the balance can't be shared by another.. Ah well, just thinking aloud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

When I used to subscribe to Hulu I paid through iTunes, I will check later if it can be reupped the same way

EDIT I checked and it can't be done that way. I'll try a new account via the Apple TV app later and see if it's a runner.

Moyglish wrote:
    The only issue I can see so far is that it looks like you have to have a US issued credit card to pay. I'll try and see later if I can get Revolut loaded with $ or PayPal to work when signing up.

I don't know about this offer but I have hulu & hbo. I buy hulk gift cards and pay that way. There are walk throughs online explaining how to setup a hulu account from the EU

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't know about this offer but I have hulu & hbo. I buy hulk gift cards and pay that way. There are walk throughs online explaining how to setup a hulu account from the EU

The problem i see is the initial payment option, it offers payment by card or express checkout. I'm wondering if revolut would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Baconfeet via emby is a great alternative

Isn't that just a subscription based alternative for certain Kodi addons (that shall not be named here!). I'm guessing you understand what I mean, I don't see why you would pay for that? I haven't used it myself so may be misunderstanding what its providing.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭mel123

Sir Oxman wrote: »

How bad are the ads? Do they come on while your watching something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mel123 wrote: »
    How bad are the ads? Do they come on while your watching something?

90 second ads every 10 minutes for tv shows usually (same as if you were watching the tv networks).

Movies have no ads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Great deal. Signed up straight away. Thanks OP.

Anyone succeeded in getting this working?

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Anyone succeeded in getting this working?

Yep. Watching it instead of Winning Streak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ah-Watch wrote:
    Yep. Watching it instead of Winning Streak

What payment method thanks

sweetie wrote: »
    What payment method thanks

I have a US debit card and a US credit card so could skip that hurdle. You'll need a VPN too. I use Private Internet Access and then theres no issues watching

Is there any such thing as a US only prepay credit card i wonder

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Revolut should work if you exchange money to US dollars first

I would have thought so but it requires a zip code at registration

OmegaGene wrote:
    Just google the format and make one up or use a zip code generator

I used 90210 without issue

Using a US based VPN whilst trying to sign up. No luck using Revolut preloaded with $ and using a US zip code, just keep getting errors.

Just tried PayPal there now too, outta luck there aswell, won't accept non-US based/registered PayPal accounts.

Anyone else got any tricks up their sleeves before going the gift card route?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Read on another forum that you can't get this deal with gift cards, so I'd check first before going that route.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ronan wrote: »
    Read on another forum that you can't get this deal with gift cards, so I'd check first before going that route.

Can confirm. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Will Game of Thrones be on Hulu?
    Looking for the cheapest way to (legitimately) watch that when the new season is out

fjon wrote:
    Will Game of Thrones be on Hulu? Looking for the cheapest way to (legitimately) watch that when the new season is out

No but it is on HBO. You can subscribe to HBO through Hulu at a reduced rate for 6 months. Binge watch it in one month and then cancel HBO

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I used 90210 without issue

Mind me asking how you paid? I tried Revolut using various zip codes, including 90210, but no luck!

Care to share your wizardry?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cubah

Can you get Silicon Valley with this? 🤔

• Advertisement

I tried again there using TunnelBear and it's definitely not working.

Advertisement