Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 23rd November 2018

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Not sure if anybody has said this - but I think The Late Late Toy Show is on next week! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Night all..
    You can now all go and shove it up your h*les.

:D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 72,349 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till next week, folks!

Off to see The Human League and Midge Ure tomorrow night :D

I've already grown my hair long, completely down one half of my face a la Phil Oakey. :)

I predict absolutely no abuse/beatings as I walk through Manchester City Centre like a (new romantic) boss. :cool:

Nos da!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Till next week, folks!

I've already grown my hair long, completely down one half of my face a la Phil Oakey. :)

I predict absolutely no abuse/beatings as I walk through Manchester City Centre like a (new romantic) boss. :cool:

Nos da!

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Till next week, folks!

Nos da!

Nice one, enjoy it mo chara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think Mario should stick to doing good impersonations instead of being a political satirist because he's no Rory Bremner.

Right, now off to find something to stick up me arse.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    He's been spinning the exact same lines for 20-years!

cannot understand his lack of material. He is like a broken record repeating itself. You'd think he would bore himself doing this all the time. Sure any of us would be able to at least suggest possible new material, and a few of us might be able to write some comedy lines that could be polished up for his act.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The LLS should be consigned to history now. Nothing to remember about it at all. Total rubbish from our Greyhound. The discourse with Peter Casey was a fn total disgrace, but on they go.

But anyway, we have moved on haven't we?

I never watch TV ever. Enjoy the comments from those who do, but TV is dead.

The Toy Show is great if you have kids. Who chooses the participants just asking?

Who chooses the participants just asking?

The participants are less painful than it was in my day.
    Now it's countrywide auditions
    When I was a kid, it was the son/daughter/niece/nephew/next door neighbour of the RTE weatherman, or of a 2FM DJ or of Molly who dished out the fried eggs in the canteen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The participants are less painful than it was in my day.
    Now it's countrywide auditions
    When I was a kid, it was the son/daughter/niece/nephew/next door neighbour of the RTE weatherman, or of a 2FM DJ or of Molly who dished out the fried eggs in the canteen

Had to laugh at the marketing of the "horologist" recently.

We know the Toy Show is approaching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Worth watching Tommy Lee's Shane Lynch's belated appearance, and reaction to 'that' Boyzone clip.

What happened with Shane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What happened with Shane?

He was late arriving because of traffic and when shown an old late late clip of them he told tubs he bust his boll1x to get there and to quote “shove it up your fcukin holes” while sticking up his 2 fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

When is tommy tiernan back with his show?

The only one who knows how to interview a person on Irish tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Till next week, folks!

Nos da!

Look in the Mirror, Man, and you'll realize you've made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Someone asks underneath "Is he a homeless drug addict these days?" That was the exact vibe he was giving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Played football against Ronan underage, have to say, he was a very good footballer
    Gaelic football?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

"Siri, accelerate over the edge please".
    "I'm afraid I can't do that, Alf. Have you considered purchasing Apple's new iPad? It might cheer you up."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Just say that clip with Shane Lynch and two things struck me.

1. Shane Lynch is an ungrateful b*stard. He should never be allowed on that show again without an apology. A free spot on prime time TV (paid for by the taxpayer) to promote his miming show and he does that. He can f** right off.

2. How unbelievably lazy and devoid of inspiration is it to show that clip for the millionth time. At some point in the production meeting, when Tubridy suggested using that clip, did nobody say "Oh not that clip again. We've used that EVERY time they have been on. Would it not be better to come up with something more original?". The man is just devoid of any spontaneity or originality.

Maybe Tubridy is too busy with his stupid book and that damned Toy Show to give any time to anything else. In what other job would you be able to justify your performance based on one kid's show, in spite of the fact that you are so poor at the core parts of your job. Can you imagine the conversation in a real world (i.e. not RTE) company:

Boss: "Have you processed those sales orders yet, we really need to get in some money?"
    Minion: "No I havent processed them yet, but look what a wonderful job I've done with the Christmas decorations".
    Boss: "And what is that notepad on your desk?".
    Minion: "Oh did I not tell you. I'm writing a book during work hours as well. It's called 'The sheep and the stupid f**king jumper'. Do you want a copy?".
    Boss:"I may kill you."

2. How unbelievably lazy and devoid of inspiration is it to show that clip for the millionth time. At some point in the production meeting, when Tubridy suggested using that clip, did nobody say "Oh not that clip again. We've used that EVERY time they have been on. Would it not be better to come up with something more original?". The man is just devoid of any spontaneity or originality.

"
    Just wondering if it would be Tubridy himself or his backroom team who would make that decision? In fairness it might not be down to him entirely.

But whoever makes these decisions, RTE do it all the time, - if something gets a good reaction or raises a laugh they just keep rehashing it for years until we are withered and all the fun is gone out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭bobbyss

1. Shane Lynch is an ungrateful b*stard. He should never be allowed on that show again without an apology. A free spot on prime time TV (paid for by the taxpayer) to promote his miming show and he does that. He can f** right off.

Well said. He can't even sing. Hardly a musical genius. Didn't he go all religiousy at one stage? Now he's cursing, live on TV? I didn't see all of it but did anyone pick him up on that? Did Turbridy apologise on his behalf?
    It's so crude and disappointing.
    That T.V. clip. Yes. Dull. Boring. Lazy. Unimaginative. You are right. But that what the LLS is I am afraid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

In fairness the the LLS, if they ever had a reason the show the clip that show was it. BZ's last appearance, completing the circle, promoting 25 years etc.

It's Shane's reaction that's a problem. Compare his response to the clip to Keith's response. Keith has a lot more savvy even if his real opinion matches the one that Shane communicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hyzepher wrote: »
    In fairness the the LLS, if they ever had a reason the show the clip that show was it. BZ's last appearance, completing the circle, promoting 25 years etc.

Actually, that's a very good point. Even if the clip is done to death at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Tho Shane's reaction was a 'little' over the top.. He had a point, Boyzone probably one of the biggest boy bands ever and the only clip they could come up with is that!? Why not show 60000 seater stadium full of screaming, crying, happy etc girls...
    Like what is it with the sneaky, sneariness of some Irish chat show hosts? Would it not have been the right thing to do, to inform the lads that they'd be showing the clip, it seems that wasn't the case!? A wee bit of respect wouldn't go a miss. And another thing Shane did seem to feel a tad guilty about his outburst and got quickly back in line and went with the mood of the 'chat'.... He had a long day where nothing went his way.. so I say give him a break...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Tho Shane's reaction was a 'little' over the top.. He had a point, Boyzone probably one of the biggest boy bands ever and the only clip they could come up with is that!?

Ah yeah but this isn't Clive Anderson taking this mickey out of the Bee Gees here. It could be argued that a video of Shane Lynch dancing around and not singing anything could be considered an accurate representation of his contribution to the music industry.

Advertisement