Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Kerosene prices have only dropped 4 or 5 cents since September when it should be down more than 15 cents to reflect the more than 30% drop in oil prices over the past two months.

67 cent a litre for Kerosene in Casey's in Roscommon town. Diesel at 129.9. Not sure about petrol as I don't buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Kerosene prices have only dropped 4 or 5 cents since September when it should be down more than 15 cents to reflect the more than 30% drop in oil prices over the past two months.

Ffs, try putting unrefined crude oil into your heating system and also arrange delivery from the oil field yourself.

You sound like a very bitter old man that has a personal gripe against fuel suppliers.

As above, do a little research and you will have ALL your answers. Every scintilla of information about fuel pricing is available online if you are that bothered

But maybe verifiable facts won't suit your agenda.

BTW, here's a 3month price trend
    https://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/articles/trend

Sorry for bursting your conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭kieranwaldron

Ffs, try putting unrefined crude oil into your heating system and also arrange delivery from the oil field yourself.

You sound like a very bitter old man that has a personal gripe against fuel suppliers.

As above, do a little research and you will have ALL your answers. Every scintilla of information about fuel pricing is available online if you are that bothered

But maybe verifiable facts won't suit your agenda.

BTW, here's a 3month price trend
    https://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/articles/trend

Sorry for bursting your conspiracy theory.

I am not necessarily blaming fuel retailers but somewhere along the line from extraction to consumption savings due to cheaper oil prices are not being passed on.

[PHP][/PHP]
    I am not necessarily blaming fuel retailers but somewhere along the line from extraction to consumption savings due to cheaper oil prices are not being passed on.

I have given you the information, go figure it out for yourself.

five minutes on google and you will have all your answers.

try understanding the different parts of the pricing before making ridiculous comments. And I have zero interests in the fuel business in any way shape or form except as a mid range user (we have 14 vehicles and use about 1000 litres of diesel a week), but rather than moan about it, i went and found out how it was calculated and verified all the information.

It was rather simple - in fact it was very simple to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

FYI Kieran, I heard on the BBC this morning Brent Crude just went up $5/barrell. So I would suspect serious fluctuations in the offing.

Edit: My apologies, I should have said the price rose 5%/barrell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Because Christmas and toys to be paid for :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057921160

Don't be a grinch and feel proud you are supporting that when you are filling up your veeehicle

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

gctest50 wrote: »
    Because Christmas and toys to be paid for :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057921160

Don't be a grinch and feel proud you are supporting that when you are filling up your veeehicle

This is of no relevance to retailer/distributor margins and timing issues, which is what is at play in retail price variations vis-a-vis crude prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

In Limerick City, the cheapest petrol I found is 142.9 but mainly 147.9 across CircleK petrol stations.

If one drives 20+km towards Cork (Croom, Charleville) - at least 3 petrol stations in a row sell petrol at 138.9-139.9 for nearly 2 weeks now.

Not sure why larger retailers in the City cannot do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Rates and theft higher in the city ?

If your property has been valued at 2000000 by the Valuation Office then your Commercial Rates bill for 2018 will be:

2000000 X 0.2627 (ARV for 2018) = €525400

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

gctest50 wrote: »
    Rates and theft higher in the city ?

If your property has been valued at 2000000 by the Valuation Office then your Commercial Rates bill for 2018 will be:

2000000 X 0.2627 (ARV for 2018) = €525400

Possibly. But this difference in prices is recent. More than 2 weeks ago both sets of petrol stations had similar prices with no more than 1-2 cent difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Petrol and diesel now 133.9 and 132.9 respectively now around my neck of woods.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Applegreen were obviously holding on to a little of the potential cut as they're plugging a 5c drop today

Fuel prices in my local Circle k have been 129.7 Diesel and 134.7 Petrol for the last 2 weeks.

Fuel prices in my local Circle k have been 129.7 Diesel and 134.7 Petrol for the last 2 weeks.

What area is this can I ask?? I have a commercial, and always buy my diesel at a Circle K in Newbridge...was €1.35/l last night, though with Applegreen directly across the road selling for 5c/L less, I think Circle K will also have to drop.

Nothing like competition"

What area is this can I ask?? I have a commercial, and always buy my diesel at a Circle K in Newbridge...was €1.35/l last night, though with Applegreen directly across the road selling for 5c/L less, I think Circle K will also have to drop.

Might be bit of a drive for you. Casey's Roscommon town.

L1011 wrote: »
    Applegreen were obviously holding on to a little of the potential cut as they're plugging a 5c drop today

They dropped prices last Christmas too but didn't shout about it.

It's a big driving season here, and with many cars carrying passengers, they probably hope for a big increase in food/coffee sales.

One cup of coffee would pay for the 5c discount on 40 litres of fuel.

Clever marketing.

BTW, fuel card price has dropped again for next week, but just by 1,4c

Might be bit of a drive for you. Casey's Roscommon town.

LOL, Yes I was reading back and discovered You are in Roscommon. Thanks for the feedback in any case - much appreciated.

Odd coincidence or what, but the Circle K in Newbridge is also a Casey's.

The prices you have reported are approaching a fair deal for motorists. But just look at what Circle K are charging in Limerick City, as reported by glen 123 above. Rip-off prices ! That it why I opened this thread in the first instance.

The lowest prices I have seen recently were at the Black Quarry service station in Kilkenny where Applegreen were charging 130.7 for unleaded and 123.7 for diesel. Meanwhile, the two major oils have continued to fall on world markets.

The lowest prices I have seen recently were at the Black Quarry service station in Kilkenny where Applegreen were charging 130.7 for unleaded and 123.7 for diesel. Meanwhile, the two major oils have continued to fall on world markets.

Got diesel in the Circle K in Kill SB last night. Using the topaz card I got diesel for 121.9:)

• Advertisement

Applegreen appear to be the ones who give the motorist the best deal. The are currently at 128.8 and 122.8 respectively for petrol and diesel in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Field east

Nothing like competition"
    I wonder if LESS IS MORE.
    I recently noted a big Applegreen sign on a motorway advertising diesel diesel for 119.89. BUT most of the 8 pumps dispensed it at 125.89. The higher price was advertised on a small sow hangingboard and parallel to the motorway. It was basically out of sight. A classic case of false advertising

Some crazy & wild fluctuations on the price of a litre of diesel these days. Saw €1.35 ( I think ) almost across from IKEA in Ballymun last week, then yesterday saw €1.24 in Newbridge, yet bought for €1,12 ( on production of my Topaz card ) in Kill...ALL Circle K........Wonder why a difference of 25 cents per litre...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great news. Oil dropped to its lowest price since the 1st Gulf War today as Russia pulled out of any agreement with OPEC and said they will increase there production of oil. Saudi Arabia is also to increase its oil production. It was below 30 dollars a barrel. Its around 30 dollars 70 cent now and hopefully with not go above 40 dollars ever again. Great news for all of us that use oil be it in our cars or to heat our homes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

AMKC wrote: »
    Great news. Oil dropped to its lowest price since the 1st Gulf War today as Russia pulled out of any agreement with OPEC and said they will increase there production of oil. Saudi Arabia is also to increase its oil production. It was below 30 dollars a barrel. Its around 30 dollars 70 cent now and hopefully with not go above 40 dollars ever again. Great news for all of us that use oil be it in our cars or to heat our homes.

Good luck if you think that drop will transfer to the pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

BanditLuke wrote: »

Well all the talk is that the price of oil will not go back to the level at was at before the end of this year so the price at the pumps should drop a bit just might take a week or two. I suppose it depends on when they buy there oil for there pumps and the same with the company they are buying it from but it should drop eventually.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Good time to buy kerosene or hold off a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

wingnut wrote: »
    Good time to buy kerosene or hold off a week?

Hold for about 2 weeks if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

BanditLuke wrote: »

Care to comment on the 10c drop today.

Another 5-7c in a week or so too is oil stays about $35

• Advertisement

Diesel at 1.16
    Petrol at 1.27
    Circle K Ballymahon road Athlone.

Advertisement