Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cz 452 Decocks itself sometimes.

Options
  • 23-11-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

My cz452 sometimes decocks itself it has about a 1 in 20 chance of happening but when i closed the bolt sometime it decocks itself so i have to lift the bolt up or sometimes chamber another round to get around this.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

When you say decocks itself, do you mean it fires?

Sounds like a worn sear. Had to replace one recently on a friend's rifle as he scared the crap out of himself when it had an AD after he was loading a round and upon cocking the bolt it fired.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cosieman

Cass wrote: »
    When you say decocks itself, do you mean it fires?

Sounds like a worn sear. Had to replace one recently on a friend's rifle as he scared the crap out of himself when it had an AD after he was loading a round and upon cocking the bolt it fired.

It doesn't fire it just decocks itself as if i am squeezing the trigger while lowering the bolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Does it have an adjustable trigger by any chance ? I seen people adjusting them for too light a release and having issues. Also like cass says, the firing pin might not be engaging with the sear, not enough metal to metal contact. Dangerous, get it looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Not enough sear engagement is your issue, were you messing with the trigger adjustment?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Firing itself, decocking in CZ terms is the same thing. When the bolt is not cocked it's "fired".

Two things i've seen cause this. The sear as said above and as the lads have said trigger adjustment. I fitted a YoDave trigger kit on mine and it took some trial and error between the various springs and shims to get get the lighter trigger pull weight compared to slam fires or accidental discharges.

If you haven't tinkered with the trigger then i'd look at the sear.

Is the rifle old? Mine if over 20 years old and while well maintained the constant metal on metal action between the sear and the trigger will cause a rounding of the meeting parts leading to this. If the sear looks good it could be a spring but it's normally the sear.

I've highlighted the sear and trigger "engagement" point in red below.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement