Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Vs Phil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Phil misses the putt for 200k

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Trampas

Am loving this!

Probably be better if they detested each other, but still they both want to win no doubt about that

Easily act up for the cameras.

Woods enjoyed that 200k like it was worth more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Not a massive golf fan.watch the majors but this is crass and boring.2 lads pretending to be buddy,buddy all of a sudden.ya right a truck load of dollars and they're friends alright.I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Trampas

Seen more rough on unshaven face.

Phil breathing heavily for just walking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

begambleaware.org being advertised on the screen - quite appropriate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Is it just me, but I don't like the way Tiger walks around a golf course. He seems to be limping an awful lot in recent times, not just today but especially in the Ryder Cup. Doesn't look 100% healthy to me anyways. Phil definitely breathing very hard, but that probably down to the dry desert air. Some stats so far.

Tiger 2/4 fairways, 2/4 greens, 5 putts, one over
    Phil 4/4 fairways, 2/3 greens, 5 putts plus one off the green, Even par

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

marvin80 wrote: »
    begambleaware.org being advertised on the screen - quite appropriate

Phil betting 200k on having a birdie on the 1st.

Facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

My God , it’s awful . Zero atmosphere .. The two boys don’t even look all that interested . Hard to believe the winner of what to me looks like a practice round walks away with 9 millp

Tiger and Phil playing mind games on the 4th. At first both wouldn't concede their opponent's very short birdie putts. Then Tiger conceded Phil's putt. Then vice versa (reluctantly by Phil) so game continued to the fifth, with Phil 1 up after 4 and in close for a birdie two at the short par 3 fifth. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Why no crowds pls??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Why no crowds pls??

Common peasants were not allowed access. Only VIP guests and sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Putting been very poor so far. Just can't turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Good ad there with barclay

A aul unlikely sadam there for phil

If Rob Lee continues to apologize to the viewers regarding swearing and bad language, then I totally give up regarding Sky golf coverage. It is not like Mr. Lee is a saint either. Anyways back to the match. Phil 1 up thru 8. Rare 3 putt from Tiger there.

"We would like to thank our good friends at MGM Resorts and Audi Motors..." Tuned in briefly out of morbid curiosity, unfortunate spectators treated to a steaming pile of manure.

Did they just bet 100k if #someone makes a 2 on a 400 yard par 4:confused::confused:

Make it look like a bet..... but re@lly nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

"We would like to thank our good friends at MGM Resorts and Audi Motors..." Tuned in briefly out of morbid curiosity, unfortunate spectators treated to a steaming pile of manure.

You did it an injustice there. Who said it was steaming?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Did they just bet 100k if #someone makes a 2 on a 400 yard par 4:confused::confused:

Make it look like a bet..... but re@lly nothing

Ok I got that wrong...... only a million :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Started off excited for this but its turned into a money dick waving contest with sh*t golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This is bizarre, I can't stop watching. Probably a stupid question but I see the caddie using a rangefinder, is that allowed in normal professional golf competitions?

This is bizarre, I can't stop watching. Probably a stupid question but I see the caddie using a rangefinder, is that allowed in normal professional golf competitions?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Classic long drive wager and both miss the fairway. Now I can relate to that bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Did Tiger just say I almost hit my kids?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Was that a generous gimme by Tiger?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'm enjoying this, it's something different at least. I don't think it'd work with any other players though.

No doubt they are feeling some pressure a couple of poor shots from 150 especially Tigers, its interesting viewing at least but lacks a spark alright

That approach shot from Tiger was shockingly poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I'm enjoying it, but the standard of golf is really poor. Moneys on Phil now anyway

Advertisement