Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Do you need the box for controller only?

Nope, just stroll in with the controller, nothing else. They need to test out tough, depends on their testing backlog how long, could do it there and then, could be a few hours, could be next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

keano25 wrote:
    Anyone know when Harvey Norman are going pre order? Can't get one of these anywhere other than crazy prices on eBay

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Nope, just stroll in with the controller, nothing else. They need to test out tough, depends on their testing backlog how long, could do it there and then, could be a few hours, could be next day.

Thanks zero. 42 quid theyre offering. Have a spare so def going to trade it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Asking for a friend:

His son's PS4 can take up to 20 minutes or so to load Minecraft. Not sure at what point it gets stuck trying to load (loading the game itself or loading one of the worlds he created or what).

It's a disk version of the game. I'm assuming the fix would be to delete the game, let it re-download the application/updates and try that. Anyone any experience of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Penn wrote: »
    Asking for a friend:

His son's PS4 can take up to 20 minutes or so to load Minecraft. Not sure at what point it gets stuck trying to load (loading the game itself or loading one of the worlds he created or what).

It's a disk version of the game. I'm assuming the fix would be to delete the game, let it re-download the application/updates and try that. Anyone any experience of it?

Is the disk badly scratched? Could be having trouble reading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Penn wrote: »
    Asking for a friend:

How big is the HDD and how much space is left on it? can other games/screenshots of trophies be deleted instead to free up some space.

Not sure if the saves and worlds are tied to the profile or the playstation, but back them up as well, just so he doesnt lose any worlds and all that.

I think as well, depending on the world and how long he's been playing, that could be quite large and knowing the ps4, its trying to load in everything that he has already seen instead of caching the bits not currently visible.

• Advertisement

How big is the HDD and how much space is left on it? can other games/screenshots of trophies be deleted instead to free up some space.

Not sure if the saves and worlds are tied to the profile or the playstation, but back them up as well, just so he doesnt lose any worlds and all that.

I think as well, depending on the world and how long he's been playing, that could be quite large and knowing the ps4, its trying to load in everything that he has already seen instead of caching the bits not currently visible.

From what I understand he only has the PS4 since last Xmas, and doesn't have a lot of games (Minecraft, Fifa, maybe one or two others) and they're all disk as he doesn't play online. I think it's only Minecraft too that this happens on. I was trying to think about my nephews and I'm pretty sure the same doesn't happen to them even though they've been playing longer, so I'm inclined to believe it's something to do with the application data rather than game/save data. But having no experience of Minecraft myself I'm not sure.

Good point about backing up the saves and stuff though, just to be on the safe side.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Is the disk badly scratched? Could be having trouble reading it?

Not sure, but I'll ask him to check just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Games don't run off the disk, they just check the disk when you run the game. If the disc was scratched it would have failed earlier or timed out and not take 20 minutes.

Should be under a minute to get into a newish save.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

On Reddit, there seems to be a fair few people complaining about this issue. Uninstall and reinstall seems to be the answer. Get him to back up his saves onto a USB drive if he doesn't have plus before doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

8 weeks to PS5. I'm really torn as to what to do with my PS4 - trade or not. Have a switch to keep me going but I'm addicted to fall guys haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

8 weeks to PS5. I'm really torn as to what to do with my PS4 - trade or not. Have a switch to keep me going but I'm addicted to fall guys haha!!

Going to keep mine in a second room.

I've so so many games that I've bought over the years and not played so it won't be like the PS3 which I currently have in room 2 which is a glorified Media box for Netflix, Prime and Sky Go.

I think I want to hold on to the PS4 til launch too, if only because of lockdown boredom and I know the trade in price will have died a death when the PS5 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Struggling to decide whether to sell my PS4 Pro or not. It's the God of War edition so CeX will give minimum 250 for it. I feel like I might regret in the long term as I'm worried about backwards compatibility with the PS5. Also, I have PT on it so I don't think I'll be able to transfer that to PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Struggling to decide whether to sell my PS4 Pro or not. It's the God of War edition so CeX will give minimum 250 for it. I feel like I might regret in the long term as I'm worried about backwards compatibility with the PS5. Also, I have PT on it so I don't think I'll be able to transfer that to PS5.

Just to let you know, PS4's with PT go for crazy money on eBay. You might want to look into that before you decide to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

luciddream wrote: »
    Just to let you know, PS4's with PT go for crazy money on eBay. You might want to look into that before you decide to sell.
    That would be great but my account has a lot of digital games on it so I can't afford to lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Any Ps4 Pro anywhere for sale in Ireland? None on Smyths, Argos, Harvey Norman etc..

Would like to purchase one ASAP, the a pro with 1TB.

Anyone know why absolutely none in stock? I assumed Ps5 coming out would be good few PS4 Pro out there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You'll definitely get a good deal from someone with some good feedback on Adverts with lots looking to clear it before the PS5 comes out, could get a decent bundle as well depending on what you like

You'll definitely get a good deal from someone with some good feedback on Adverts with lots looking to clear it before the PS5 comes out, could get a decent bundle as well depending on what you like

Saw a few, I'd rather get one with a brand new warranty or least few months left. Just mad none to be found, I guess covid (more at home) has an impact..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Any Ps4 Pro anywhere for sale in Ireland? None on Smyths, Argos, Harvey Norman etc..

Would like to purchase one ASAP, the a pro with 1TB.

Anyone know why absolutely none in stock? I assumed Ps5 coming out would be good few PS4 Pro out there?!
    Discontinued I assume with the PS5 release imminent. GameStop and CEX have used units for far more than they're worth. GS are looking for €370, €30 more gets you a PS5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

153mb game update and I lm still sitting here waiting after 20mins with 35% copied.

I dont think iver ever had a console that has wasted more of my time. Between game load times and this copying b****x its a s**t show. Id love to put a number on the time I've spent looking at twirling loading circles,im sure it would be way more than id like to admit!!

What the hell happened to the games updating in rest mode thing? Just doesn't work for me. Checked numerous times that I have it set up correctly but just doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Loads of PS4 Pro's on adverts wouldn't worry too much about buying 2nd hand you rarely hear of anything going wrong with them and most are just cashing in now because of the PS5's imminent arrival (myself included)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Loads of PS4 Pro's on adverts wouldn't worry too much about buying 2nd hand you rarely hear of anything going wrong with them and most are just cashing in now because of the PS5's imminent arrival (myself included)

I'm holding out for that type of off load for a psvr..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just dropped in my GOW Pro to CEX.
    I'm gonna miss Fall Guys :(

I just dropped in my GOW Pro to CEX.
    I'm gonna miss Fall Guys :(

I'm bringing my Pro into GameStop after the weekend, I currently get €287.50 credit for it against my Series X order which will drop like a stone after the trade boost offer ends on October 1st. Can live without a PlayStation for a couple of weeks, still have an Xbox and the Destiny 2 expansions just became available on Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭facehugger99

EoinHef wrote: »
    153mb game update and I lm still sitting here waiting after 20mins with 35% copied.

I dont think iver ever had a console that has wasted more of my time. Between game load times and this copying b****x its a s**t show. Id love to put a number on the time I've spent looking at twirling loading circles,im sure it would be way more than id like to admit!!

A childhood spent trying to load Spectrum48 games, with incremental adjustments of the volume button, is the only thing that stops me complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm bringing my Pro into GameStop after the weekend, I currently get €287.50 credit for it against my Series X order which will drop like a stone after the trade boost offer ends on October 1st. Can live without a PlayStation for a couple of weeks, still have an Xbox and the Destiny 2 expansions just became available on Game Pass.

I got €234 cash for my Pro.
    I'm happy with that. I have a pre order with GS, but I'm not 100% they'll come through for launch.
    If the don't, I'll use my deposit with them for a headset.

I got €234 cash for my Pro.
    I'm happy with that. I have a pre order with GS, but I'm not 100% they'll come through for launch.
    If the don't, I'll use my deposit with them for a headset.

Nice. GS are only offering €200 cash for a Pro atm.

I might be interested in purchasing a PS4 Pro off someone here, preferably boxed with manuals etc..

Can pm if you considering selling and give me more info (games etc..)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know the price of an entry level steering wheel/pedal set for the ps4?

Young lad pointed out one in the Smyths catalogue but it's £240!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Free new dynamic theme to celebrate Last of Us Day (formerly Outbreak Day)

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA10249_00-TLOUIIBEACHTHEME

It's a nice one if you've played and finished TLOU2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭FNSolidSnake

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know the price of an entry level steering wheel/pedal set for the ps4?

Young lad pointed out one in the Smyths catalogue but it's £240!!

Thrustmaster T150, goes for 140 on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015CNQVZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_SB0BFb073FNWD

Advertisement