Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Investing 25k Lump Sum

• 14-11-2018 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1 mariaconnor1

Looking for some food for thought as to what you'd do with €25k with minimal effort/maintenance. Only really want to tie it up for 2-3 years. A fund? Prizebonds? Davy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭ delta_bravo

Looking for some food for thought as to what you'd do with €25k with minimal effort/maintenance. Only really want to tie it up for 2-3 years. A fund? Prizebonds? Davy?

Well I suppose it depends on whether you would be prepared to lose some of that money or want it guaranteed. Hard to recommend things without knowing that

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ twiddleypop

Hello,

Like OP, I have a similar amount of money to invest and didn't want to start a new thread.

My post office account just expired, where I had it for 3 years.

So I wanted to try apply for a mortgage in the next 12 months so I don't want to put it away long term.

I'm willing to take a medium risk with some of the money but I at least want some of it safe for my house deposit.

Appreciate any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭ caviardreams

If you need the money in 12 months the only option really is a deposit account - check out some of the regular savings accounts and drip feed it for the best rates, but unfortunately even the best rates are minimal at present.

I would not look at investing unless you have a 5 year+ timeline in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ Taylor365

Put it in prizebonds. Might get something, might not.

Withdrawal takes about 2-3 weeks i think.

Advertisement