Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 david139

Anker speaker delivered today, for the size of it the sound quality is bloody impressive.

My €166 Xbox from .de is out for delivery tomorrow :D

Does it support FM Radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Okay done now...

Got the XL Philips Air fryer in the end (Have the small one since 2015)
    Beard trimmer
    Garden trimmer
    Kids Advent calendar
    Kids Art set
    Adult Art set
    Football
    Helly Hansen Coat
    Bosch Electric Lawn mover (Warehouse Deal)
    Oil Diffuser

And a tumble dryer locally to round things off.....

Of course all of these items where urgently needed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

timple23 wrote: »
    Are amazon still doing the 2 day free shipping to Ireland for prime members? (Can I order 2 prime items and 2 add ons if my order is over £20 will they ship for free to Ireland?)

You don't need over £25 to get free Priority delivery to Ireland if you have Prime. I ordered a USB stick for £17 and got free Priority delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 36085

Looking for a Huawei P20 pro. Anyone spot any good deals. Open to other options. Camera must be good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I noticed that too!

Reviews for a completely different item. Sneaky if intentional.
    I think it is intentional, they must figure all these reviews - let's not waste.. so misleading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

This ain't a bad deal at all...

30% off the Anker Soundcore 2 which is the next model up from the recent bargain on here (Soundcore Motion B)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Bluetooth-Playtime-Resistance/dp/B01MTB55WH/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

£27.99 + free delivery

Great product. Use it all the time for listening to Podcasts at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

david139 wrote: »

It's just a Bluetooth speaker but if your phone has FM you can simply stream via Bluetooth. Or you can use the TuneIn app.
    I also remember getting my Anker speaker last year and was so happy with it. I have plenty of separates and large speaker but this one impressed me so much for it's size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭Invincible

timple23 wrote: »
    Are amazon still doing the 2 day free shipping to Ireland for prime members? (Can I order 2 prime items and 2 add ons if my order is over £20 will they ship for free to Ireland?)

I was placing an order today, had option of standard delivery or free delivery, ticked standard as understood that was a bonus of prime, but when I unticked standard and ticked free delivery, the total decreased by €6 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

How much were the Anker speakers going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Brian017 wrote: »

about 14.75£

It was a huge 60% off - vouchers were pulled within a few hours though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

£14.75

Very impressed with with it sounds great, well made and battery life seems very good had it on for a good few hours this afternoon and it was still at 70%

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

Looking at TVs on Amazon to take advantage of £ rate but a lot not shipping to Ireland. Any noticed any good deals on 50" LG/Samsung TVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

djb85 wrote: »
    Looking at TVs on Amazon to take advantage of £ rate but a lot not shipping to Ireland. Any noticed any good deals on 50" LG/Samsung TVs?

Have you checked Littlewoods?

This seems a decent deal.

Can't comment on their customer service as I've never used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

Kolido wrote: »

Havent heard good things about littlewoods... id look at richersounds.. can pay in either euro or pounds... great service and usually 6 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Haven't tried, mostly use Spotify and then TuneIn for the rare occasions I need radio.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-50-inch-ue50nu7020-4k-uhd-tv-369-delivered-ao-ebay-3121056

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭54and56

It's a Bluetooth speaker, you connect it to another device with Bluetooth and it'll stream whatever content the other device can play so if your phone has FM built in it should be able to stream the output the Anker speaker just as it would if you wanted to listen via a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sir Oxman wrote: »

about 14.75£

It was a huge 60% off - vouchers were pulled within a few hours though

That was probably the best deal of this year's Black Friday. That and Anker battery backs for €11 from mymemory.ie

Kolido wrote: »

DID have the same TV for €429 -> https://www.did.ie/samsung-nu7020-55-4k-ultra-hd-flat-led-smart-tv-black-ue55nu7020kxx-ue55nu7020kxx-3-prd?utm_source=pricespy.ie&utm_campaign=product_feed&utm_medium=referral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Cannot get over the sound quality in that Anker sound core speaker, what a purchase

I ordered one for myself. it's due thursday. I cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭ForestFire

And its about the same price on amazon and richer sounds with no discount cliam.

Seems like this is about the normal price for this TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Rubbish deals all round for me imo.

Not one thing I thought was a good deal that I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Bought something from the warehouse last Wednesday the 21st, it's not been dispatched yet, is this normal for Black Friday stuff?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bought something from the warehouse last Wednesday the 21st, it's not been dispatched yet, is this normal for Black Friday stuff?

Yeah, it can happen, you may have bought from the UK website but it could easily come from Germany or Italy and they tend to be a bit slow, strangely it could be for a few Euro and they might UPS it to you like my less than €2 book yesterday, cost way more to ship than what I paid for it...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a 50"hisesne 4k TV from richer sounds for £349.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

might have been better doing this a week ago

sweetie wrote: »
    might have been better doing this a week ago

Have been looking that long, not a great Black Friday. Ended up going with Irish retailers

This seems like a good deal for highly rated Samsung 50" TV
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue50nu7470-50-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10179961-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭djan

I purchased a 55" TV on sale before Black Friday (cheaper than both the Friday and Monday "deals") and used AnPost AddressPal. As their UK based depo is on the mainland, delivery is no issue. Cheapest option is to choose delivery door and if not home then pick up point collection.

If you were to get it sent directly to a post office for collection it's 25 EUR. :confused:

• Advertisement

djan wrote: »
    I purchased a 55" TV on sale before Black Friday (cheaper than both the Friday and Monday "deals") and used AnPost AddressPal. As their UK based depo is on the mainland, delivery is no issue. Cheapest option is to choose delivery door and if not home then pick up point collection.

If you were to get it sent directly to a post office for collection it's 25 EUR. :confused:

I looked up the dimensions and anything 50" or larger was bigger than Addresspal home delivery limits. They must be lenient on these

Advertisement