Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Kolido wrote: »
    CyberGhost wrote: »
    I've been convincing myself the whole week whether I need this or not. I listened to Bose CQ 35 II and prefer the sound of that (compared it to XM3), ANC is about the same. But Bose is more expensive and even then... Do I need it? I don't know...

Honestly, I could have done without them also. Never had NC headphones before and wanted to get ones for when flying. Instead of paying about €100 for a mediocre set I thought I would push the boat out and get decents ones while I can. I havent tested them in person but all reviews say they are quite good.

Oh they are amazing! Block out the sounds really well. I don't remember which one was it though, but with one them I got a feeling of cabin pressure when ANC was on, as if there was some pressure on my ears, I read that it takes time to get used to it. I fly rarely so I could not use that as an excuse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was there many further reductions on laptops and other electronics on cyber Monday last year ?
    But underwhelming so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Yes, it's been a ****e sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It was probably always going to be a bit worse than normal with Brexit looming? I wouldn't be expecting much better tomorrow.

Will Amazon UK even deliver here if we have a no deal Brexit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

there's still .de, .es, .it

BArra wrote: »
    there's still .de, .es, .it

Yeah, but no free delivery option and the inconvenience of having to translate.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tmh106

Currys Ireland have Kindle paperwhite for €105. this seems to compare favourable to Amazon @ £89, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

people say brexit and other crap when black friday half decade ago wasn't even heard in Ireland. its ****ty deals each year, theres few items that are specific that they usually let prices down on, rest is all same rubbish one can get for usually same price all year long.

like someone found synthesizer headphones that were 100pound cheaper, drills etc , but most of the items would be just niche.

tmh106 wrote: »
    Currys Ireland have Kindle paperwhite for €105. this seems to compare favourable to Amazon @ £89, or am I missing something?

Good price but god help you if you need any after sales support. I'll never buy anything from that shower again, regardless of price and I doubt I'm the only one.

• Advertisement

Good price but god help you if you need any after sales support. I'll never buy anything from that shower again, regardless of price and I doubt I'm the only one.
    cant blame workers its their policy to push the insurance which to be fair for smth around grand isnt that bad, as long as your withing return periood is it two weeks ? i always found no issues with support, thou might depend on item and the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Browney7 wrote: »
    Better VAT rate too
    yes, there is price which will mean you are saving money. Though it does then go to the UK government. Some do not know that when you have to pay the 23% with these companies it is going to our coffers.

Some items are zero vat in the UK too, like adult cycling helmets.
    Frunchy wrote: »
    Yeah, but no free delivery option and the inconvenience of having to translate.
    de has an english version on the main page. The others probably will too if nobody is using .co.uk.

scamalert wrote: »
    cant blame workers its their policy to push the insurance which to be fair for smth around grand isnt that bad, as long as your withing return periood is it two weeks ? i always found no issues with support, thou might depend on item and the shop.

Nothing at all to do with their "insurance" and everything to do with meeting their obligations laid out in the Sale of Goods act.
    I'm not blaming the staff, they're hands are tied by head office

Nothing at all to do with their "insurance" and everything to do with meeting their obligations laid out in the Sale of Goods act.
    I'm not blaming the staff, they're hands are tied by head office
    my bad thought your on about insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

As Ian Malcolm said: "Business, uh, finds a way."

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Very repetitive, same products on offer every time. It's crazy that even when they put a frying pan on offer, it's not only the same model, but even always the same size out of the several ones available. BF, Prime Day, you name it. If you already have a Logitech c920, Sony NC headphones and an RX camera, you can't hope for much, unless you are looking to upgrade to a newer iteration. Best deal this year IMO were the Samsung NVME drives, too bad I didn't need another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

They have a whole office in Ireland, in the worst case they will deliver from the German warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9240-90-Collection-Airfryer/dp/B00BS97UUA?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelanonalerts-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BS97UUA

Best price ever
    Bought one in the prime sale for 129.99 and genuinely tempted to buy a second one

This one price drop alone may have redeemed Black Friday /cyber Monday for a few

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EnlightenedApe

Most of the deals on Amazon.co.uk appear to be fake.

If I search price history they have all been nearly as low or lower.

Most of the deals on Amazon.co.uk appear to be fake.

If I search price history they have all been nearly as low or lower.

Use the browser extensions, like the deal above was best at 154 Pound in the last three months, with spikes to 250 pounds and now is at 115 pounds. Not the 55% steal but still nice 25% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EnlightenedApe

Harika wrote: »
    Use the browser extensions, like the deal above was best at 154 Pound in the last three months, with spikes to 250 pounds and now is at 115 pounds. Not the 55% steal but still nice 25% off.

I wasnt talking about a specific product but "deals" in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I wasnt talking about a specific product but "deals" in general.

It’s definitely the worst cyber Monday ever

It’s definitely the worst cyber Monday ever

I heard this last year too, that's why I only read here and not even bother to scroll through amazon for stuff. :pac: And notifications if something on my wishlist is on sale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

mgray wrote: »
    Anker speaker arrived this morning, great little speaker and arrived super quick..

+1, the bargain of the week but it had little competition in fairness apart from a few used books from the warehouse that I always pick up for a few euro max

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Ordered a pair of Oakley sunglasses from the warehouse with 20% off. They arrived this morning in the correct packaging, but some git had replaced the Oakley's with a cheap pair of Nike sunglasses. Just unbelievable the stunts people pull!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

What extension is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

This any better than camelcamelcamel or is it all the same really?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This any better than camelcamelcamel or is it all the same really?

It's the same data, with the difference that is here shown on the amazon page itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Keepa show's prices across all the amazon sites. Found it very handy this week.

Advertisement