Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Never been an issue for me and I buy a lot of physical media. Are the sellers in both cases Amazon? Some 3rd part sellers don't ship here, but I've never had an issue - and the majority of my choices would be more niche, foreign/World Cinema titles - I'm shocked those more popular titles won't ship?

Wow, I just checked Black Panther and you're correct......I'd contact customer services. That has to be a glitch.

I was shocked too, I've bought plenty of physical media from them in the past even previous MCU movies which now seem to not ship to Ireland either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

ThePott wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea why certain Amazon blu-rays don't ship to Ireland anymore?
    Specifically looking at Black Panther and Infinity War. Any ideas?

If anyone has a work aroudn too it would be very appreciated :)

There's an option to get infinity war delivered here, sold by a 3rd party seller and fulfilled by amazon, but can't see that option for BP.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Infinity-War-Blu-ray-2018/dp/B07JFY6PRN/ref=tmm_blu_title_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1542802373&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Does anyone have an idea why certain Amazon blu-rays don't ship to Ireland anymore?

Some do - some don't. It's very strange.

HAs anyone ever ordered a bottle of whiskey through parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Is it the basket or the pan that you line ?

The basket has holes in bottom for air circulation I presume

I have the Philips airfryer and we started placing some in the bottom of the basket but noticed that the food wasn't cooking as well. Looked it up and it's not recommended to do anything like this, as it blocks the circulation of the air. Stopped doing it and it's been much better at cooking since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Doge

Has anyone ever returned anything back to Amazon.de / Germany?

Do you have to pay shipping yourself or will they do it for you?

The MotoG5S Plus I bought I'd faulty, it kept rebooting randomly when setting it up and now it won't even turn on after afactory reset!

Annoying as it was a birthday present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Doge

So basically you print a return slip and ship the package back via a post or whoever.
    Tracked shipments are preferred and they will refund you upto 11 euro of the shipment cost.

Although some people managed to get refunded over 11 euro of the cost of shipping it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

I have the Philips airfryer and we started placing some in the bottom of the basket but noticed that the food wasn't cooking as well. Looked it up and it's not recommended to do anything like this, as it blocks the circulation of the air. Stopped doing it and it's been much better at cooking since.

Thanks

What about the bottom of the pan?

Do you clean basket after every use?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks

What about the bottom of the pan?

Do you clean basket after every use?

Sorry I meant the pan when I said basket. We've never lined the wire basket. Depends on what we cook, but we usually end up cleaning it after every 3/4 uses.

Sorry I meant the pan when I said basket. We've never lined the wire basket. Depends on what we cook, but we usually end up cleaning it after every 3/4 uses.

Thanks

I think I'll skip the tin foil so

Some do - some don't. It's very strange.

HAs anyone ever ordered a bottle of whiskey through parcel motel?

I did with parcel wizard last year, it got through fine but others weren't as lucky.
    If its caught it'll be "destroyed".
    Were you looking at the laphroaig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ye I just lob into the dishwasher after a few uses.

honda boi wrote: »
    Ye I just lob into the dishwasher after a few uses.

Basket and pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I did with parcel wizard last year, it got through fine but others weren't as lucky.
    If its caught it'll be "destroyed".
    Were you looking at the laphroaig?

I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Anyone?
    Does anyone know if the 4k Fire TV stick in the USA is the same as the one that we get from Amazon UK? i.e if I pick one up in the USA, will it work okay in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Anyone?

Define *work*?

Anyone?

No it won't, not for the majority of advertised services anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭honda boi

Basket and pan?

Yep when I had the regular size Phillip's air fryer I put the basket and pan(bit with the handle)
    On the xl I take the basket and the steel casing that the basket sits in straight in the dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Anything on the Dash Cam front? Looking for one for my Father's new car. Even if there are no deals can someone recommend a good value one? Willing to spend as much as 150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

FatRat wrote: »
    Anything on the Dash Cam front? Looking for one for my Father's new car. Even if there are no deals can someone recommend a good value one? Willing to spend as much as 150

I'd never go spending big money on a dash cam, window smashed and its gone, just buy a Chinese one quality is good enough for any insurance company. Was a few posted her a year or 2 ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

FatRat wrote: »

Good thread on dash cams here.

I purchased the Yi Dash Cam based on feedback from that thread and have been very impressed with it. The only issue with it is that it's not very discreet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Still waiting for the Philips Airfryer to drop in price, had hoped it would by today

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Check to tips and tricks and do’s and dont’s online for the air fryer
    It takes a while to get used to and it’s all trial and error
    The reason it’s not advised to line the basket is it stopes the air circulating around the food which is the idea of the air fryer

The basket and pan will need cleaning depending on what you cook really
    If you cook clean food like chips or eggs in a ramekin etc it won’t need cleaning so much
    If you roast a joint of bacon or cook a steak the basket will need cleaning.
    Change the foil often and rinse out now and then at the end of your washing up and you should be okay

I'm just going to fire it up today as it is

I see Philips says never put tin foil in the pan so dunno is it worth bothering with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Quick tip for anyone using Parcel Motel - If the company doesn't put your PMID on the label and Parcel Motel don't know where to send it, you can enter the tracking number on the Parcel Motel website.

It tells you if they've received it and if so, it automatically associates the parcel with your PMID and gets it delivered to you.

Brilliant service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Quick tip for anyone using Parcel Motel - If the company doesn't put your PMID on the label and Parcel Motel don't know where to send it, you can enter the tracking number on the Parcel Motel website.

It tells you if they've received it and if so, it automatically associates the parcel with your PMID and gets it delivered to you.

Brilliant service.

Discovered that myself last week when an order hadn't hit my pm a week after amazon said it was delivered. Had it within 24 hours after I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

In the market for a new NAS so if any of you beautiful people see any deals then please keep me in mind.

The QNAP TS-351 has my attention at present

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

If anyone has a work aroudn too it would be very appreciated :)

Its not just blu-rays, it happens to me all the time with CDs as well, sold direct from Amazon. I emailed them about it before and they said it was a glitch on their end and they would correct it, but I still see it happening all the time. Its extremely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Great bargain on the no chat thread for the Anker speaker - £15 quid with voucher & code - usually £35

I've the A3143 of theirs, and it's seriously impressive - ordered the £15 quid one - would make a great gift / secret santa etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,951 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Great bargain on the no chat thread for the Anker speaker - £15 quid with voucher & code - usually £35

I've the A3143 of theirs, and it's seriously impressive - ordered the £15 quid one - would make a great gift / secret santa etc

Commendable use of the chat thread, nice change from all the chat in the no chat thread.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement