Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whistleblower: Maurice McCabe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Well done Maurice Mc Cabe and his wife and family . Good on ye .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Wheety wrote: »
    Thought they should have mentioned Clare Daly being pulled over and arrested, twice, Ming being followed and Enda Kenny saying it was "probably because he looked like drug dealer" and Alan Shatter using Mick Wallace's private details live on RTE, after they raised the penalty points in the Dail. Just shows they tried to go after anyone who stood up to them.

The media were at station when she was brought there....surprisingly/shockingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm not going to lie, I'm genuinely concerned about the power we have handed over to the Irish state. The incompetence on so many levels, within the Garda, Tulsa, Government. Its actually totally unacceptable.

And lads swanning around with pensions, utter disgrace. Why do we as the public continue to tolarate total incompetence. It needs to stop and people need to become accountable for there actions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I want that dog

• Registered Users Posts: 24,580 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Massive respect for Maurice McCabe and his wife.

To fight so hard to clear his name...to fight when fading away was easier...to fight against people in positions like Commissioner of AGS when it seemed like the whole organisation was against him...to go through hell and fight out.

The country needs a lot more Maurice McCabes.

And his wife, who appears to have been a rock beside him....may they enjoy the rest of their lives and put this behind him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jesus nearly welling up here at the end of this. He must be one strong man. Amazing wife too with her unwavering support. Hard to fathom how someone can try and ruin someone in this way. He seems like a really lovely man. Hopefully he feels embraced by the arms of the nation tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

TUSLA need to be investigated and who had access to the false file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What's the scope for a civil action for libel and/or slander, false allegation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I've lost count of how many times I've shook my head over the course of the two episodes. How the McCabe's held their marriage and family together under the levels of stress and strain that they must have been under is surely a testament to the kind of diligent, genuine and upstanding people they clearly are.
    And I really hope that Callinan ends up on the streets. It's one thing to call a colleague dangerous or so but to smear someone in the manner in which he did is the lowest, most disgusting thing possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Maurice McCabe is a gentleman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

What's the scope for a civil action for libel and/or slander, false allegation etc.

Against the state and Calllinan ?

HIGH and WIDE.

Its no coincidence that the new Commissioner has come out about his concerns about covering Callinan's bills.

Of course they would have known about the content of this programme and the public backlash to come when people realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I wish him a long and happy retirement.. If anyone deserves it .. he does.

I hope he takes the state to the cleaners. He deserves every penny that I'm sure he will get

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Noreen was standing side by side with the former commissioner for years

but she knew NOTHING

what type of thicks do they take us for?

off onto the world stage now with the Garda pension intact

Why do we put up with the sh1t?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭davidmarsh

Rot in hell Martin Callinan

Just a reminder that the Tonight Show with the bold Yates and Cooper is on at 11 on Virgin One (TV3), I'd say it might get a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭AllForIt

To the poster who said yesterday that his wife was annoyed with him too I think tonights episode proves that assessment to be utter bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There's a block buster movie here!

Fcuking hell how did he survive all this ****.

You couldn't believe a copy/paste job.

Gangsters wouldn't get a look into this sh!te.

Members of the public wouldn't have a hope of a complaint against a Garda member, if they done this to one of their own.

Do you know who represented McCabe during the tribunals?

One Michael McDowell. Him formerly of the government and Minsiter for justice who clashed hard with the Gardai when trying to instigate reform.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

We have a veneer of respectability...thats the main thing...we look like we are a functioning state.

We have a very nasty underside, we can't blame the church or the Brits anymore!

Agree. Its my true belief that for Ireland to progress and prosper we need a strong leader to emerge and to see both Fianna Fail and Fine Gael banished from the corridors of power for good.

They are the cesspool beneath it all enabling such behaviour and allowing it to happen in state institutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Well done Maurice McCabe...I’m angry as hell after watching that.

The big worry here is the culture in the Gardai most likely is the same and won’t change any time soon. I wish the new comminisor well but he has some job on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Agree. Its my true belief that for Ireland to progress and prosper we need a strong leader to emerge and to see both Fianna Fail and Fine Gael banished from the corridors of power for good.

They are the cesspool beneath it all enabling such behaviour.

We need our police force, army, judges and other high officials to be completely free from political interference. I don't believe they ever will be. Politicians have always made sure that their own men are in place. They need to control the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

An amazing man, what an example to his children and to all of us. His wife has some strength also. I wish him the best in making up for lost time.

As for that bastard Callanan and all the other scumbags, I won’t even go there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

There have been marches for all sorts of ****ing stupid things in this country. There should be a march for a tusla investigation and the loss of pension entitlements for corrupt public officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

CH3OH wrote: »
    I wish him a long and happy retirement.. If anyone deserves it .. he does.

I hope he takes the state to the cleaners. He deserves every penny that I'm sure he will get

Totally agree.
    Hopefully the guilty will now find it hard to leave the house, but I doubt it.

Also think he deserves compensation, it's a pity that the taxpayers of the country have to pay for it.

ChikiChiki wrote: »

They are the cesspool beneath it all enabling such behaviour and allowing it to happen in state institutions.

Well to be fair John McGuinness, Michael Martin, Leo Varadkar and Edna Kenny all supported and believed Maurice McCabe and enabled the enquirers, tribunals and commissions on this.

The Garda senior management were completely corrupt and have to answer for this appalling web of deceit and lies. Shame on them all .

• Registered Users Posts: 20 onthebrink

We need more like Maurice McCabe in the Gardai and in this country. He showed such courage, such backbone against the majority of his "colleagues". While the commissioner has been thrown out, are the incompetents from the station that Maurice originally made complaints about still in the force. It doesn't inspire confidence in the new commissioner if these are not thrown out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Noreen was standing side by side with the former commissioner for years

but she knew NOTHING

what type of thicks do they take us for?

off onto the world stage now with the Garda pension intact

Why do we put up with the sh1t?

Do they take oaths at the start of tribunals?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Let me get this right; 110 pages of allegations against someone who wasn't G McC was copied and pasted accidentally into the old Ms D file which had been found to be unfounded? Is that what Tusla claimed?

Yeah, fcuking Microsoft Word on steroids...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Well to be fair John McGuinness, Michael Martin, Leo Varadkar and Edna Kenny all supported Maurice McCabe and enabled the enquirers, tribunals and commissions on this.

The Garda senior management were completely corrupt and have to answer for this travesty of justice themselves. Shame on them all .

Giving Enda Kenny any ounce of credit seems to be a crime among the trolls.

Makes one wonder about the stuff we haven't heard of and indeed some of what we have - Sophie Toscan du Plantier, Father Niall Molloy, Kerry Babies, etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Hopefully Martin callinan will rot in jail soon

Advertisement