Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice breakfast around Stephens green?

Options
  • 10-11-2018 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I have an hour to kill before a meeting on Monday and looking for somewhere with yummy breakfast? Willing to walk 10 minutes or so. Not a dub so recommendations appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

detoxkid wrote: »
    I have an hour to kill before a meeting on Monday and looking for somewhere with yummy breakfast? Willing to walk 10 minutes or so. Not a dub so recommendations appreciated!

Sophie's at the Dean hotel on Harcourt St is excellent for brunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Hatch and Sons?
    It's a bit hip with the wooden 'plates' and whatnot, but the baked eggs is nice: https://www.hatchandsons.co/menu

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haven't ever been there myself but I've heard great things from colleagues about Baxter & Greene on Harcourt Road (around the corner from Harcourt luas stop).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is a cafe that do a lovely full Irish...

Its located on Wexford street, walk from Harcourt corner of the green down Cuffe street and turn left onto wexford street and its just on your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

If you're looking for a proper full Irish, Gerry's on Montague St. Up Harcourt St from the SW corner of Stephen's Green, first street on the right,about halfway along on the right. Think they're open from 8am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Avoca, Suffolk Street. Top floor. Very filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah Gerry's on Montague Street do a good breakfast. Just off Wexford Street.

2MkCyLB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The Morgan Hotel on Fleet Street. Possibly the best breakfast I've ever had. It's about 20 or 30 euro though if memory serves

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The Morgan Hotel on Fleet Street. Possibly the best breakfast I've ever had. It's about 20 or 30 euro though if memory serves

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Taste Food Co on South William Street do a nice breakfast menu, and the mega breakfast is pretty huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There is a cafe that do a lovely full Irish...

Its located on Wexford street, walk from Harcourt corner of the green down Cuffe street and turn left onto wexford street and its just on your left.

That's Cafe Sofia. It's great

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

Tang on Dawson St. Jammers at weekends but on a Monday morn you should be able to get a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭penno

Bewleys on Grafton Street. They always did a good one, not sure since the revamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Kilkenny shop upstairs on Nassau St.
    Breakfast for less then a tenner last I remember.
    Damn good too.

I heard the revamp bewleys was over priced and not a patch on it's Glory days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

One more recommendation for Gerry's.

Lovely breakfast and very reasonably priced, plus they'll make up any combination you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Kilkenny shop upstairs on Nassau St.
    Breakfast for less then a tenner last I remember.
    Damn good too.

I heard the revamp bewleys was over priced and not a patch on it's Glory days.

€7.95 to be precise... great breakfast.

5 items plus toast, tea/coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

All the yuppy spots getting a mention lol

If you want an actual proper full Irish in the company of normal folk then Gerrys on Montague Street is the biz

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Awesome selection, value, food and ambiance a 4 minute walk from Stephens Green here:

http://www.cornucopia.ie/food/breakfast/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Another vote for Gerry's.
    I used to work beside it many moons ago, great spot to get a fry up 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

We used to go to Gerry's and get the full fry for a treat the odd lunch time. It's a huge plate of food, definitely a man sized meal.

There is a Pain Quotidien after opening on Molesworth St. I haven't been in it yet but the ones I have been in in the States do an amazing breakfast. More granola and avacodo on toast than a full Irish fry though. Depends on what you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Metro Cafe on south William Street is decent too. Good value

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

O' Neill's of Suffolk St. is great value and quality. 9 quid for (I think) a 12 item breakfast...and that includes toast and tea/coffee in the price as is normal.
    The food's made fresh so isn't immediately served but it doesn't take long and is worth the extra 5 minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

We used to go to Gerry's and get the full fry for a treat the odd lunch time. It's a huge plate of food, definitely a man sized meal.

There is a Pain Quotidien after opening on Molesworth St. I haven't been in it yet but the ones I have been in in the States do an amazing breakfast. More granola and avacodo on toast than a full Irish fry though. Depends on what you are looking for.

Personally, I wouldn't ever go to LPQ for a meal, they are incrediblyu expensive and also they automatically stick on a 10% service charge, which You have to ask to be removed.

Also, for the person mentioning Bewley's above. Not a good option either. Though I have never had breakfast there, see the comments on TripAdvisor regarding them. Anything but inspiring.

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Anyone who pays that for breakfast needs their head examined.

As a few people have said. Gerry's is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Lemon, if you like pancakes (crepes) or waffles - on South William Street

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Thanks a mill for all the great suggestions guys, much appreciated X

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thanks a mill for all the great suggestions guys, much appreciated X

So where did you go in the end? :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I went to hatch and co - it was beside where my meeting was - and it was yum! Let me return the favour recommendation wise if any of ye are in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I went to hatch and co - it was beside where my meeting was - and it was yum! Let me return the favour recommendation wise if any of ye are in Galway!

I was just going to post here to suggest Hatch! Yum! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

Good to know, must try it! So what do you recommend if in Galway....always love a little break in Galway.

Advertisement