Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

WFS Forestry

• 09-11-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ moon2

I was a little curious about these guys. They're promising a 14% per year *guaranteed return* which seems... crazy. You start off with an investment of €9,600 and walk away with €15,600 five years later.

From talking to them it sounds like there's absolutely no way you would not get this return. The trees are insured for €24 a pop, so in the event of a total or partial loss you get the insurance money for the lost trees, and there's a already a contract to buy all the trees. That contract specifies a price of €24 a pop. I asked under what circumstances would I not get the final 15,600 and they didn't address the question, which is worrying :p

The usual "if it's too good to be true then it is" adage comes to mind, and they haven't provided any concrete details about anything as of yet. So - has anyone taken part in these offerings and how did it go? There's not much info in boards, or online, about these Forestry investments. The information I could find was broadly speaking quite negative, so I think that's probably enough for me to pass on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 parforsa

I am describing my experience with this guys (another company) here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=110041316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ruthkrean

I invested 15,000.00€ with WFS Forestry Ireland Ltd in 2017 and was successful in receiving my return last week and two years early. During such a strange time in the world, this was well received and I placed 5,000.00€ back with them. I am more than happy to talk to anyone who has doubts as WFS has been great to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CiaranGuilfoyle

Hi my name is Ciaran Guilfoyle, I invested in this company and would like to talk to anybody else who has. I’ve gone to the Guards. I am speaking to a solicitor and taking other action. 

ID LIKE TO TALK TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CiaranGuilfoyle

Hi my name is Ciaran Guilfoyle, I invested in this company and would like to talk to anybody else who has. I’ve gone to the Guards. I am speaking to a solicitor and taking other action. 

ID LIKE TO TALK TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Advertisement