Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over-priced consumer technology?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 206 ✭✭JustAYoungLad

pwurple wrote: »
    You can apply this to everything. Anything at all that is bought and sold , not just technology.

Sun screen for example. Factor 30 blocks 97% of UV rays. Factor 50 blocks 98% and has higher levels of skin damaging chemicals. Bigger seller even though it is more expensive and arguably worse for you? You guessed it. The F50.

Wine. Discernible differences between 30 euro bottle and 100 euro bottle? Maybe for some people, but not most of us.

Food. Restaurants offering wildly different price points. Fashionable food trends like chia seeds etc.

Clothes. Art.

The address where you live.

This seems to be a trend on afterhours. People complaining about prpducts/things that dont cater to them. Perhaps this is a reflection of the demographic of afterhours.

To them; why someone might prefer an iPhone to an android or vice versa seems fantastical.

Self centeredness, selfishness or perhaps deep seated insecurity and the need to assert superiority despite glaring mediocrity or because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

To them; why someone might prefer an iPhone to an android or vice versa seems fantastical

These days it baffles me, anything one can do the other can as well. From a functionality point of view there is no difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

naughtb4 wrote: »
    These days it baffles me, anything one can do the other can as well. From a functionality point of view there is no difference

Exactly. It comes down to personal preference of the small few differences. The way some people treat the brands as if they're sports teams is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Patww79 wrote: »
    Exactly. It comes down to personal preference of the small few differences. The way some people treat the brands as if they're sports teams is laughable.

There's also the investment people have made in an ecosystem. If I have spent 100 euro on apps from play store, I lose all that if I move the apple and vice versa

But 100% agree

This seems to be a trend on afterhours. People complaining about prpducts/things that dont cater to them. Perhaps this is a reflection of the demographic of afterhours.

To them; why someone might prefer an iPhone to an android or vice versa seems fantastical.

Self centeredness, selfishness or perhaps deep seated insecurity and the need to assert superiority despite glaring mediocrity or because of it?

Quite the leap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shame the thread has turned into a iOS vs Android mud slinging debate as there’s a good thread to be had here.

Some very ignorant and outdated views being peddled about both platforms.

I’ve used both and enjoyed both and have no real prefernce despite having plenty of other Apple products in the home.
    I had a OnePlus 3T for a few months and I loved it. Probably one of my favorite phones to use. I’m back to iPhone now(work phone) and the switch between was pretty seamless both times.
    I have an Apple “eco system” in the house for the most part(although have a couple of Google Homes as well) and in no way feel obliged to buy an iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

adox wrote: »
    Shame the thread has turned into a iOS vs Android mud slinging debate as there’s a good thread to be had here.

Some very ignorant and outdated views being peddled about both platforms.

Yes, it feels like going back in time about 10 years reading a lot of this thread.

Advertisement