Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

2 Scoops wrote: »
    I'm about OK with Acosta getting suspended as you are with Acosta shouting things about Otto Warmbier during the signing of the US + NK agreement when the two countries are trying to broker a peace deal. He should have been disciplined earlier, he was warned multiple times and his stunt yesterday was the straw that broke the camel back. The fact they used his confrontation with the girl to do it is meaningless. That's how things operate in any work place, you get a warning and if the behavior repeats you get suspended. Acosta was previous told by sanders during a bill signing they'd be no open press questions but they're allowed to view it. What did little Jimmy do? He started shouting questions at Trump during the signing, he was the only one.

Let me ask you a question for a change, why is Acosta THE ONLY ONE out of probably 100 journalists with access who gets into these type of scenarios? Is it because he's seeking some sort of shining beacon of truth or is it because he's behaving like an activist and trying to draw as much attention to himself as possible. When you figure it out let me know.

It really is amazing how your brain works. It doesn't matter what Trump or the White House says, you find some justification in your head and claim that's what they meant. They flat out said it was due to his interaction with his intern. You know that is indefensible so in your head you've found a reason that is justifiable and convinced yourself that was the real reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Lads. It doesn’t matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Lads. It doesn’t matter.

The incident itself doesn't matter. The Whitehouse pushing doctored videos from infowars is a new development worthy of some discussion, however.

In any case, this is boards and we discuss things that don't matter all the time. It's kinda the thing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The incident itself doesn't matter. The Whitehouse pushing doctored videos from infowars is a new development worthy of some discussion, however.

In any case, this is boards and we discuss things that don't matter all the time. It's kinda the thing here.

1) You are not living in the US.
    2) the choice of the figurehead of the US empire is largely insignificant outside it’s borders. It’s like assuming that the British empire changed strategy between Disraeli and Gladstone.
    3) you are not living in the US.

1) You are not living in the US.
    2) the choice of the figurehead of the US empire is largely insignificant outside it’s borders. It’s like assuming that the British empire changed strategy between Disraeli and Gladstone.
    3) you are not living in the US.

Yes but things happen and I am interested in things. You're on the internet right now. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1060913686875922433

Trump is not fit to be President.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

It really is amazing how your brain works. It doesn't matter what Trump or the White House says, you find some justification in your head and claim that's what they meant. They flat out said it was due to his interaction with his intern. You know that is indefensible so in your head you've found a reason that is justifiable and convinced yourself that was the real reason.

You failed to answer my question, I've answered multiple of yours. You're very gullible if you don't see Acosta is playing to the camera, it's there in black and white on his hot mic after he roared questions at Kim Jong Un. It's all part of the game baby. Find someone who loves you as much as Jim Acosta loves himself some Jim Acosta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You failed to answer my question, I've answered multiple of yours. You're very gullible if you don't see Acosta is playing to the camera, it's there in black and white on his hot mic after he roared questions at Kim Jong Un. It's all part of the game baby. Find someone who loves you as much as Jim Acosta loves himself some Jim Acosta.

It's a bit odd that you don't find a doctored video from a conspiracy site being used as the reason to revoke a press pass from the White House to be a reason for concern...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

batgoat wrote: »
    It's a bit odd that you don't find a doctored video from a conspiracy site being used as the reason to revoke a press pass from the White House to be a reason for concern...

Whatever

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1060587952764526593

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

batgoat wrote: »

It's actually not odd in the least, if you're familiar with their posting history.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's actually not odd in the least, if you're familiar with their posting history.

I’m morbidly fascinated by people who will twist and contort any way necessary to defend Trump. Well, not just Trump. Any topic where a poster just will do anything to defend the subject at hand in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is fascinating to me. I’d love to know the psychology behind it. Where being right and doubling down is more important to a person than learning something new and being open to having their opinion challenged and maybe even changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I don't think this is a case of petty squabbles for or against Trump, this incident is a blatant attack on democracy.

The press is the only agency that provides the people with any accountability, and yes its a flawed body, but it's the only one we have. A journalist has to ask uncomfortable questions in order to provide the public with the information they're entitled to.
    That this man is shouted down and verbally abused is one thing, that he then lose his job as a White House reporter because he's been banned for physically assaulting a woman, sullied with a slur over something he did not do and we all can see that he did not do, is a very scary development in the Western World.

This one can't be let pass. This would mark the beginning of us accepting to let modern democracy slide into being political orbits like China and Russia, where people who look for accountability of power or speak truth end up in jail for crimes they didn't commit or worse.

This was not assault. All I seen was a level of distain and disrepect shown by both sides, taking into account the importance of both their roles and what they are there to represent. I thought it was strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

This was not assault. All I seen was a level of distain and disrepect shown by both sides, taking into account the importance of both their roles and what they are there to represent. I thought it was strange.

Mutual narcissism.
    As usual these days, people avoid credible criticism and go over the top and any legitimate criticism gets lost in the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mikhail gorbachev2

my daughter would have kicked Jim Acosta in his balls, gouged his eyes and then choked him unconscious and took the microphone

#frauenpower

shame on the male feminists here excusing this chauvinist PIG

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

Your "answer" was to call a journalist's 1st amendment rights to ask the questions he feels is important a stunt just because you don't want to hear them, and that somehow justifies killing the first amendment and shutting him up. The only stunt from that farce of a press conference was the completely unhinged Trump.

Are you saying that the white house didn't publish a doctored video from infowars or are you just blowing smoke?

Are you saying that the white house didn't publish a doctored video from infowars or are you just blowing smoke?

he karate-chopped her
    the left defending violence against women
    the unmentionable pursuing the inedible

shame on the male feminists here excusing this chauvinist PIG

Yes, Trump.

Yes, Trump.

ya if jim acosta had treated your daughter like that it would be ok
    no standards

I found another angle online. It's quite clear from this that both sides were a bit wrong.

https://twitter.com/ReformedBroker/status/1060882574954835970

• Advertisement

ya if jim acosta had treated your daughter like that it would be ok
    no standards

This from a Trump supporter!?

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

hqdefault.jpg

Just a rereg troll, he'll be deleted by the morning.

In the meantime.

hqdefault.jpg

He was banned yesterday for the same nonsense. He won't be around long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Does Jim Acosta have a book coming out? He reminds me of Charlie Bird, a guy who always thought that he was bigger than the news itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

he karate-chopped her
    the left defending violence against women
    the unmentionable pursuing the inedible

Really despair for the path humanity is heading with this left v right bull****. Apparently to many you're either one or the other with nothing in between.

Sadly most of these left v right protagonists are most vocal on every social media platform they can be heard on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

OP was on a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

This whole episode is disturbing enough as it is but given that Acosta's place of work was recently the subject of an attempted terrorist attack from a deranged Trump supporter, this is beyond reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Dial Hard wrote: »
    He literally said "Pardon me, ma'am" as he pushed her hand away. Do you want him to apologise for being polite???

He shouldn't have "pushed her hand away" as you put it. Had Obama reacted the same to a Fox news reporter doing similar, the reaction would have been 'good for him, how dare that misogynist put his hands on a woman'.

Besides, in this angle you can clearly see he also pulled a knife on her.

https://twitter.com/ReformedBroker/status/1060882574954835970

• Registered Users Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I’m morbidly fascinated by people who will twist and contort any way necessary to defend Trump. Well, not just Trump. Any topic where a poster just will do anything to defend the subject at hand in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is fascinating to me. I’d love to know the psychology behind it. Where being right and doubling down is more important to a person than learning something new and being open to having their opinion challenged and maybe even changed.

Here's the psychology behind it
    https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1060511898347692032?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

whole incident is overblown imo but there was no doctored video released.

Advertisement