Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Speeding up or slowing down a video is not doctoring. Claiming it's doctored by the media outlets is fake news.

You wouldn't say the slowmo replay of Thierry Henry handling the ball was doctored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Speeding up or slowing down a video is not doctoring. Claiming it's doctored by the media outlets is fake news.

You wouldn't say the slowmo replay of Thierry Henry handling the ball was doctored

So I could use speeded-( or is it sped-up?) up footage of you driving a car to claim you were a dangerous driver and should be banned from driving, and that'd be fine?

Pull the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

paw patrol wrote: »
    there was no doctored video released.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jim-acosta-trump-cnn-press-conference-pass-white-house-infowars-sarah-sanders-a8623441.html

But according to analysis by The Independent, the video instead appears to have been doctored to freeze for three frames the moment before Mr Acosta’s hand pushes down on the aide’s arm.

Mr Watson denied altering the footage
    “Digitally it’s gonna look a tiny bit different after processing and zooming in, but I did not in any way deliberately ‘speed up’ or ‘distort’ the video.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trumpers and their alternative facts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

my daughter would have kicked Jim Acosta in his balls, gouged his eyes and then choked him unconscious and took the microphone

#frauenpower

shame on the male feminists here excusing this chauvinist PIG
    Mod note: mikhail gorbachev2, don't post in this thread again,

Buford T. Justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Austria! wrote: »
    But according to analysis by The Independent, the video instead appears to have been doctored to freeze for three frames the moment before Mr Acosta’s hand pushes down on the aide’s arm.

"appears" ffs....they don't know...the indo just trot out anything anti trump they receive...their own expert says that videos change based on format which this is admittedly he does still state that they feel its doctored.

It's pure distraction.

You mightn't like Watson but I seriously doubt he'd ever sanction a fraud this cos his credibility would take a massive hit if he was proved to be lying. His credibility is everything without he he'd lose everything.
    he is far removed from the nonsense of alex jones and far more astute and media savvy.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

doctor
    verb
    gerund or present participle: doctoring; noun: doctoring

1. change the content or appearance of (a document or picture) in order to deceive; falsify.

Speeding up a video to deceive/falsify information is doctoring, but you keep spreading lies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

paw patrol wrote: »
    "appears" ffs....they don't know...the indo just trot out anything anti trump they receive...

It's a very specific claim, saying that there are 3 identical frames just before the money shot, and that's the only difference. I don't think putting inverted commas around the word "appears" is the comeback you appear to think it is.

You surely must have some bias here. The video put out has got a very specific and singular difference which makes it looks worse for the reporter, and you say "appears ffs" as if it's completely crazy to think this footage was doctored. It's at least plausible right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Bromcard wrote: »
    I believe what he said was that when you are a celebrity women will let you do anything, you can grab them by the pussy and they'll let you.

Have you ever touched a woman's vagina? If so do you always ask for permission explicitly or is the body language and non verbal communication enough to know you have permission?

His remarks that he'd outright do it without assumed consent even, he viewed it as a right almost. Sounds predatory to say the least, like Weinstein. Fascinates me when anybody tries to justify the remarks...
    "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

for someone who watched entire conference id assume one would have to be demented to claim what trump said he didnt mean, yet some side shot of guy trying to get answer of trump and his usual not being able to form a sentence and avoiding any questions as usual with bull talk, that delayed person on mic, was blown off into assault, one would need to be checked out mentally to claim it was any type of assault, no wonder we have generation growing spineless, that simple touch is freaking ptsd for them :cool: that needs 10 pages of discussions.
    Yet we miss fact he said he would bang his own daughter, or one where he clapped when someone getting assaulted in crowd for telling their views, must be different interpretations if one is sick enough, thou keep defending the trumpet, for what a great guy he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

It amazes me how close they allow the press to get to the president (any president) in these conferences. Remember when some guy threw a shoe at George W. Bush? That was not in the WH but over in Iraq, but some of these reporters are quite hostile to the president and it surprises me that they are allowed that close. Back in the good old days you could imagine a president going after some reporter too, that would make for better ratings for CNN, so perhaps that's the ultimate strategy.

As for this being an assault though, I would say more like altercation, if that's a legal definition or not. He was about halfway through asking his second follow-up to an original question which is just a form of rudeness to his colleagues more than anything else, taking their time to ask basically two or three different questions.

New footage from a different angle released by the White House this morning

https://imgur.com/dT2BCIu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

SNL did a good re-enactment

Federal judge has ruled in favour of CNN and ordered Acosta's White House access be restored immediately

Trump twitter meltdown imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Can't wait to see how childishly Trump behaves next time Acosta asks a difficult question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Faugheen wrote: »
    doctor
    verb
    gerund or present participle: doctoring; noun: doctoring

1. change the content or appearance of (a document or picture) in order to deceive; falsify.

Speeding up a video to deceive/falsify information is doctoring, but you keep spreading lies there.

Excuse me but I don't know what dictionary your reading, but doctor is like a guy who solves diseases or whatever :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Seems Donald confused himself for an authoritarian dictator only to wind up making a complete tit of himself... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Interesting that Fox News actually supported CNNs case

Didn't stop Sean Hannity mouthing off about what a disgrace Acosta is though!

Advertisement