Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's Inner City 'Zombies'

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Imo Dublin has a relatively small city centre in comparison to most other cities that I’ve been, maybe this is why it appears there are more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Sheepdish1 wrote: »
    Imo Dublin has a relatively small city centre in comparison to most other cities that I’ve been, maybe this is why it appears there are more?

Yeah but it is a very small city. I am not sure the city centre is really that small really. If you walk from the top of O'Connell St all the way to the top of Stephens Green including all the side streets and Quays/Temple Bar, that's a large area. The point is that for the relative size of the city, you see a lot more zombies than you would see elsewhere. I am in Dublin this weekend and it's a dreary place in the winter months - the scumbags and druggies really stand out. I was talking to a few southside Dubs yesterday and they said they rarely go into the city centre at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Augeo wrote: »
    Neither Talbot Street or anypart of the Boardwalk is a no go area, at least during the day, evenings from my experience.

As others have mentioned the zombies etc are very much a minority group. I reckon many folk just think anyone in a tracksuit is a junkie tbh and like to appear all worldly wise discussing Dublin's drug issue.

Of course they are a minority. No one is suggesting the majority of Dubliners are gearheads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Dublins central commercial area is about 4sq km,Id consider it roughly the area west of merrion square and eats of new market, south of parnell square and north of the canal, and constantly expanding east west and north as places in the city like the liberties newmarket and docklands continues to regenerate, not particularly small for a city of over a million at all and would be similar size commercial/CBD area as cities like amsterdam and copenhagen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement
Advertisement