Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiSTer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

You can.

There's a little bit of information on the MiSTer wiki about it here: https://mister-devel.github.io/MkDocs_MiSTer/basics/wifi/

And some test results of a few of those devices: https://misteraddons.com/blogs/news/mister-data-io-speed-shootout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭geotrig

it still doesnt excite this mister crap :P even with the ridiculous pcb prices these days ,its mad to see how much the de10 has gone up as well though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Got my July email pushback there

Post edited by Inviere on

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Advertisement

well….. this briefly came back into stock so I ordered one to play around with before I invest in a mistercade, I don’t know if I’m that committed to drop the amount of cash they are, the kids play the cabinet more than me and the simplicity of arpicade is perfect for them so I’ll be using it on a JAMMA switcher for a while

Post edited by CathalDublin on

Well that didn’t take long at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

https://github.com/psomashekar/pr4m0d-MISTer-bin/tree/develop/Garegga

Battle Garegga now on Mister. I really need to get a 2nd cabinet for vertical games now!!

Master of the Universe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

MiSTercades are back in stock

$250 without shipping and customs oof

https://misteraddons.com/collections/parts/products/mistercade

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

MiSTer on adverts too with no pics

Definitely deserves to be in the dreamer thread, Is they had the mistercade to go with it, but it’s just the DE10, io, usb and a 256gb card

On another note is anyone else using Antonio’s JAMMA adapter, it it up last night but only recognises the joystick in the menus and doesn’t recognise the buttons at all, gonna try another cab later and see if it’s something to do with the wiring in the candy cab which is not be surprised because it’s wired for 5button JAMMA

ive also to figure out shortcuts for adding coins, exiting the game, etc🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

The way he's written the ad it's hard to tell for sure but it could be basically a full 'Pro' setup? If so at that price it's probably (just) cheaper than buying new. Not ideal but depending on availability etc. might be pretty much the going rate?

It's quite confusing for me the way sites are selling these things as well, now I see where the open source nature could cause issues tbh. Noobs like me instinctively think these sites are 'making' these or whatever but you can't really tell how involved they are. The daemonbite adaptor I bought, did my seller just solder it and then go straight to GitHub to flash some firmware someone else wrote? Not ideal imo, in sense of fairness and if there's a problem with how it behaves - I've no certainty my seller really knows how it's all working anyway. It's all a bit odd to me the more I purchase tbh, but maybe that's how most of these niche areas work? Will take more time before I hit buy with this stuff going forward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I did some quick maths for the 2nd MiSTer (still awaiting the DE10) - I think that person is prob 80~90e over the actual cost of the MiSTer HW costs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You'll find the majority of popular open sourced projects are like that, you're just paying for someone to assemble/test it for you. A lot of projects the original developer has no interest in manufacturing the products, the fun is in the designing and prototyping - manufacturing and the associated support is just a total timesink and pain to do which is why I don't build stuff for sale anymore.

If I am buying something like this I do try and find out if the original devs sell kits and try to support them but in most cases its just 3rd parties selling them.

Yeah maybe I'm being unfair on the seller as well, I just feel he specifically is obfuscating it all a little more than others and it feels a bit off to me.

The deamonbite product page says 'work based on Mick Guyvers software'. Well like what work? 'Based on' how? Should be clearer I think so I can know if I need to reflash or anything? The SCART with lightgun page says nothing yet comes with a qr code linking to the GitHub of whoever wrote that software.

Probably overthinking it but I'm going to look for someone a bit more upfront & clear about it next time I think.

I think they mention Mick Guyvors software so he gets credit rather than to tel you you need to do something. It turns an Arduino into a low latency controller interface and other people build on that.

Im just trying out the Irem M72 via R-Type. It’s far from my favourite shooter and I’ve never played the real arcade version but it feels right in comparison to the PC Engine version

*edited original post

Maybe some Mister experts might chime in

I'm slowly getting my Mister/JAMMA adapter working which is the affordable one from the Spanish guy Antonio.

One thing I can't for the life of me figure out, shift/combo keys, for example, on my pi setup I usually press p1 start + p1 button1 to insert a coin or hold in p1 start for a number of seconds (5) to exit a game. Anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible? I know you can define the inputs on each game and use the spare buttons but it’s so confusing, is there no way to say player 1 start and player 1 button one is insert coin.

I'm guessing this would need to be a feature of the hardware and there isn't any info on Antonios page, can anyone with a mistercade confirm if it has shortcuts like this to exit game, add coin, pause, etc, I dont see it mentioned in the mistercade documentation, or is the alt + f12 menu the only way to do anything once you’ve launched a game?

Last Q, I’ve tried to rotate some vertical games so I can play on my horizontal monitor but any games I’ve tried refuse to rotate. Example Burgertime, just doesn't respond

I like the Mister but it just doesn't seem cab friendly, or I'm doing something wrong or its my setup, I do also miss the high score saves of my pi setup but I know the individual games are being worked on so they'll come with time.

MisterNotSoFuckingEasyAfterall

• Advertisement

mapping p1 start and coin1 to the same button fixes my coining up issue, just finding it overly difficult to switch game, I can get into the main menu but not directly to the core select menu.

F*%* it, I give up, cant get keymaps to work at all properly, I'll stick with the PI in the cabinet and use this for the TV😫

Never used any jamma stuff and far from an expert - recently hit a wall with my own setup and decide to just play as is before I go back down the rabbit hole again of trying to understand it - but a couple of things

- there’s a default mapping mister does for each core. I think you can make them yourself/get one online so that might set all the arcades to the coin combo you want (but as they’re all technically separate cores not 100% that will work)

-when you get into the main menu, hitting left/right doesn’t bring you to the other menu pages (core/ini etc)?

-vertical games I tried always worked for me by changing the dip switch. (Only over hdmi though and it can’t be in ‘direct video’ mode in the ini either I think)

I had some odd controller behaviour with 2 controllers connected through 1 arduino, not sure if that’s what’s happening here. Found different threads where some were saying it shouldn’t be a problem but others were saying to add a ‘quirks’ line to the Linux boot file and if that didn’t work add a ‘no-merge’ line to the ini file. I haven’t followed through yet, been fiddling with/googling settings far more than I’ve wanted recently.

MiSTerCade uses a conbination of custom input stuff controlled via dip switches and curated ini and core specific controller mappings to do its thing.

I mostly put games on free play, but the coin chute will trigger credits for me. I use down and start to get into the MiSTer menu.

nothing I play seems to have a free play dip setting.

Down and start worked for me initially to get to the main OSD and I’d to push across to the cores or up and hard reset, but now refuses to work. Not sure how I broke it 😭

It’s weird, the buttons in each Arcade core seem to decide themselves. no matter what I do, just randomly the unused buttons in the game will be start and coin, I don’t know if it’s normal but sometimes it’ll be button 1=start, button 2=coin, sometimes it’ll be button 3=start and button 4=coin. Even on cores I’ve never loaded up before just seems to be random

I’ve watched videos and read docs but nothing seems to make sense, I don’t know if it’s due to the JAMMA interface or wha…

Player 2 does seem to mimic player 1 which is at least working.

I don’t think it’s going to be as cab friendly as I’m use to, sadly will end up a secondary device in the shedcade, especially as I’ve kids playing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

So, the 29th has happened - I didn't see any updates yet from Mouser. Anyone else?

Master of the Universe

Same, not a peep since the most recent pushback

Master of the Universe

The last email I have from them was on the 27th of July and comparing it to the one before that (25th of June), they're identical.

They both state 'Production in Process' down the bottom.

• Advertisement

Vat & customs sounds more appealing now🤣

Advertisement