Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiSTer

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Had a bit of time to play about with the above and.... good news and bad news.

Good news - both Justifiers actually work with the setup! I was quite taken aback. If you set it up as if it's a real Megadrive, so SNAC enabled in port 2 and then just chain Justifier 2 to the first gun, it all works as it should, two player lightgun goodness. Very impressive.

Now the bad, the guns aren't working with my setup. They're far more light hungry than my Gcons it seems.

The guns both detect on the calibration screen (a black image white a white crosshair so probably easy to see) - but once you get into a game, the blue gun only detects in the very middle of the screen. Pink gun is a little bit better, you can almost play a full game with it, just doesn't like the edges.

I'd say cranking up the brightness/contrast would solve it instantly but unfortunately this cabinet doesn't have a remote board 😥

Very interested in that Sonic 1 lightgun port as the only games I really have to test them out are very muddy digitized games. I wonder would they maybe detect a bit better with cleaner visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked up a misrercade in December and only got around to powering it up last night, I’m waiting on ram for my de10 so thought I’d get it ready to go.

Colours are really oversaturated on my atomiswave cabinet, so much so the menus are unusable, disappointed to say the least, I’ve run PIs, other de10 boards, cps1/2, MVS, boots, originals, etc and never had issue like this with anything else.

hadn't time to try it in my other cabinet but will later

Post edited by CathalDublin on

If I plug the monitor into the 15HD port on the mistercade the picture is fine, albeit a little dark.

frustrating as I can no longer use my jamma switcher if I do this

**turns out I’ve a switch inside the coin door that is for video impedance and this resolves the issue but screens not quite as bright as I’m used to, although I’m sure I can sort this out with adjustments to the brightness and contrast pot maybe.

anyway happy my other boards are fine with this switched across too.

Post edited by CathalDublin on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Did you tinker maybe with the DIP switch for 'HD-15 Voltage' on the MiSTerCade?

I don’t think that’s on the latest revision, or I’m blind

• Advertisement

I think you are complelely right, i have the 1.2 model

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Seems the limits of the DE10 finally threw up a roadblock for the N64. Robert is going to wrap up development on it, with a handful of games just asking too much of the way the ram works on the DE10 (not the addon ram, but the board ram itself). Conkers and Jet Force Gemini being the two big ones.

Incredible what he's done with it all told, but a 100% compatibility will likely have to wait for the next iteration of hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's a shame but fully expected, as you said, what he's done so far already has exceeded everyone's expectations.

Not sure what the future holds for FPGA, I see there's loads of drama around MARs and it's missing it's Q1 release (which was to be expected)

They're still saying it'll be 'shown off' in June but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah MARS certainly talked the talk, still waiting on it to walk a little though...

Anyone check out the new 0Mhz DOS collection for Mister? They've made it seriously easy to drop the games on, click the game name from the list, and away you go….I'm super impressed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just trying it out today, looks great. The Top300 collection was good but all-or-nothing kind of setup, this allows for a more personal curate collection I guess.

Yeah Top 300 was good, but as you say, is an all or nothing setup. Its currently down and being updated at the moment, multiple issues with it. The 0Mhz one is really nice and easily curated as you mention.

https://www.timeextension.com/features/all-is-not-well-in-the-world-of-fpga-retro-gaming

YouTubers trying to get views by taking poop about devs, leading devs to stop work on MiSTer projects - who honestly cares if a dev decides to only work on a core on MARS and not MiSTer? Or who really cares if MARS is vaporware?

Advertisement