Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Just €1.7m of €12m earmarked for Traveller housing drawn down

More than half of local authorities have spent none of their 2018 allocation

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/just-1-7m-of-12m-earmarked-for-traveller-housing-drawn-down-1.3692694

Eoin O'Broin is not happy. In fact he came up with this beauty
    Edward M wrote: »
    Yes, it's in the times.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/councils-could-face-sanctions-over-traveller-accommodation-budgets-1.3688827%3fmode=amp

Now have a look at the measures proposed if councils don't spend their allocation.
    Cutting of road budgets, FFS, we will have to endure potholes and untreated or maintained roads if the money for travellers isn't spent, they have to be joking, right?
    That suggestion by SF TD Eoin O Broin BTW.

The roads are in bad enough condition as it is

Good luck to any politician who calls to the door after cutting budgets which will affect everybody just because enough money wasn't spent on travellers

I'm sure there will be plenty of votes in it for Sinn Fein

"Sinn Féin TD Eoin Ó Broin said the consultative process for delivering Traveller accommodation had “clearly failed” in many councils.
    “Should we be thinking about sanctions for local authorities in other areas of their expenditure if they fail to spend Traveller accommodation budgets and meet statutory requirements? I think if a local authority knew, for example, that its roads budget would be withheld if it didn’t spend its Traveller budget that might focus the minds of elected representatives to do what they are legally required to do.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

KrustyUCC wrote: »

"Sinn Féin TD Eoin Ó Broin said the consultative process for delivering Traveller accommodation had “clearly failed” in many councils.
    “Should we be thinking about sanctions for local authorities in other areas of their expenditure if they fail to spend Traveller accommodation budgets and meet statutory requirements? I think if a local authority knew, for example, that its roads budget would be withheld if it didn’t spend its Traveller budget that might focus the minds of elected representatives to do what they are legally required to do.”

Poor Eoin is showing his Blackrock-boy roots with that guff and I don't see the party continuing to back it once they get some grassroots feedback. For the moment whoever pulls the strings in SF is focused on the Brexit/border issue and is happy to go along with luvvie stuff in the South from policy shapers like Eoin if its what gets votes. Once they start going backwards as a result of it they'll change their tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

SF have damaged themselves with their Traveller stance, and this shïte further shows their disconnect.
    Haemorraged voters to Casey.
    Cheerio lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Poor Eoin is showing his Blackrock-boy roots with that guff and I don't see the party continuing to back it once they get some grassroots feedback. For the moment whoever pulls the strings in SF is focused on the Brexit/border issue and is happy to go along with luvvie stuff in the South from policy makers like Eoin if its what gets votes. Once they start going backwards as a result of it they'll change their tune.

Middle class liberalism means as much to the traditional SF voter as gender neutral toilets did to the average working class Democrat voter in Akron, Ohio before Trump got elected.

SF are going for the southern student vote with luvvie issues. This will have limited sucess as they are in a crowded field. Ireland currently is mostly a one-party state with all parties smugly following the liberal/left agenda. (For now). If SF had any nous they would consider the message given to the establishment by the Casey vote. Remember they keep on claiming that they are an anti-establishment party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

This is the video that was tweeted.

Now it seems that the cartoon video of Casey on the Late Late Show has been taken offline. The Twitter account of its producers, @HappyOutChannel, has been deleted as well.

Anyone know anything about this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Now it seems that the cartoon video of Casey on the Late Late Show has been taken offline. The Twitter account of its producers, @HappyOutChannel, has been deleted as well.

Anyone know anything about this?

Probably been nicked boss.

Theres a smouldering shopping trolley full of burnt plastic cables where it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

An old fella made a good point about them in the local a couple of nights back.

They never evolved he said. They're still living the violent Clan structure which existed in Ireland a thousand years ago, when you had O'Moores, O'Connors, O'Neills etc in constant feuds with each other.

That violent tribal culture of ancient Ireland is still alive in the Pavee clans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Careful now, it's their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Advertisement

Kids in the background while thats going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Yeah, their culture needs to be preserved, it's so valuable to society:rolleyes: I'm sure the guy throwing around the money is on great terms with the Revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

I wonder did big willy get his money back after the 2 days.

I want to feel sorry for the young lad ...I truly do, it was a terrible beating...but I can't help but think he has doled out a few himself in the company of Big willy

Kids in the background while thats going on...

Yes, a great showing of their culture and beauty as an ethnic minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have said it often, they really do know how to shout and roar. Even happened on the LLS with Casey too, and in many another clip I've seen.

Despicable behaviour. But that's Traveller ethnicity for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭marknjb

I wonder how much the likes of this contributes to their high suicide rate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Am I alone in thinking that the only shocking thing in this is the production of receipts for purchases ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

McDermotX wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that the only shocking thing in this is the production of receipts for purchases ?

Personally I found deliberately trying to break his hand with the spanner was the most shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

marknjb wrote: »
    I wonder how much the likes of this contributes to their high suicide rate

You mean, you wonder how much their own culture has to do with the cultural problems they face? A question that has been asked and not answered many many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

n97 mini wrote: »
    Personally I found deliberately trying to break his hand with the spanner was the most shocking.

Nah......Just scumbags being scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,273 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

McDermotX wrote: »
    Nah......Just scumbags being scumbags.

That is shocking. He didn't spare the spanner on him. Absolutely brutal.

mickdw wrote: »
    That is shocking. He didn't spare the spanner on him. Absolutely brutal.

Not really shocking at all.....that's how travellers behave.
    Living in the Midlands you'd see something like this regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

This kind of savagery is not culture. In fact, it's the opposite of culture. It's everything we should properly be striving to eliminate from society.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This kind of savagery is not culture. In fact, it's the opposite of culture. It's everything we should properly be striving to eliminate from society.

Of course it's not.
    It's criminality no matter who is at it.
    Nobody raised a kid to end up like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Can’t tar the one community with the one brush:)

I agree,
    The government needs to act fast and start a program.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,565 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I agree,
    The government needs to act fast and start a program.

It's spelled pogrom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭893bet

https://youtu.be/BagPTgeffa0

Some culture from a kickboxing event from last night in Clare.

Embed fail.....! Click link works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

893bet wrote: »

https://youtu.be/BagPTgeffa0

Some culture from a kickboxing event from last night in Clare.

Embed fail.....! Click link works.

Oh wow, that’s great culture. Fantastic to see such passion. I see we will have a new Olympic chair throwing champion soon:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement