Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mod: FrancieBrady's threadban lifted after discussion on condition that the 10% electorate vote will not be brought up again

'Just when you thought it was safe to get back into the water.'

Welcome back Francie. Do ya fancy joining a few of us in a game of werewolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mod: FrancieBrady's threadban lifted after discussion on condition that the 10% electorate vote will not be brought up again

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Know a nurse in The Coombe who could tell you stories that would rot your balls right off about this very thing. Its not so much "cleansing" as "ah just leave it for the state, its not right".

Prosecutions? Hahahahahahaha yeah.

I think anyone who's spent time around them knows these stories.
    I have seen travellers with serious defects (there were a couple of well known ones often seen in a well known Dublin shopping centre who are no longer with us) so I doubt all travellers engage in such practices.

Glazers Out!

Brilliant:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

nullzero wrote: »
    I think anyone who's spent time around them knows these stories.
    I have seen travellers with serious defects (there were a couple of well known ones often seen in a well known Dublin shopping centre who are no longer with us) so I doubt all travellers engage in such practices.

Oh yeah I wouldn't imagine all travellers but those who do should be followed up and charged. If I had a kid tomorrow and abandoned it at the hospital I'd be in court by Monday.

So anyway, anyone heard what percentage Casey got in the election?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So anyway, anyone heard what percentage Casey got in the election?

If this is a serious question ,the answer is 23 per cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Serious amount of baiting in such a short amount of time...

The election is over and as such, election threads aren't as topical for AH as they were a few weeks ago. This has been left open due to how active it has been, but if the last few posts are anything to go by, then the thread won't last much longer.

Play nice. It's Friday ffs

Mod: Serious amount of baiting in such a short amount of time...

Apologies I rose to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Just as easy to admit you made a mistake and move on.

Well done Francie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

nullzero wrote: »
    Such a terribly written partisan piece of trash with no basis in reality.

Wouldn't be surprised if dav3 wrote it given some of his ramblings on here. That coupled with his tendency to share opinion pieces under the guise of facts which, may I remind you, are not up for debate.

If this is a serious question ,the answer is 23 per cent.

Just my attempt at a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

What a load of BS that article in the Times about an apology was

It even got it's own thread here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108176722

• Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edward M wrote: »
    Well done Francie.

Not sure what you mean by that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Not sure what you mean by that?

Sorry, just joking.

23% though. From less than 2%. Unreal turnaround. Nearly 1 in 4 voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

tretorn wrote: »

How can I get minority status, we have ginger hair in our genes and we are smaller than average. Could that qualify me for ethnic status.

No, but i reckon you're entitled to some kind of disability allowance
    :p

I see that Peter Caseys house has been put up on Facebook by an Enda Craig

"Come on Mr Casey, we are waiting on the flag. Sweet Nellies on Lough Foyle

Poor single homeless mother of seven Margaret Cash who the gubbermentr is robbing had a few choice comments

"Mr Peter Casey is it ha well he's in the hight of comfort that it may be blew up with him in it"

"He has no rite to put an IRISH flag up he can f*** bk 2 the US for himself dirty traitor"

Seems Peter has struck a nerve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "Mr Peter Casey is it ha well he's in the hight of comfort that it may be blew up with him in it"

Interesting that she now appears to be resorting to death threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Is that woman actually threatening Casey ?

• Advertisement

Interesting that she now appears to be resorting to death threats.

Had a quick gawk at her FB a few weeks back and she's not the only one. Had a pic posted of some random guy and his OH, apparently he said travellers had robbed his bike. The comments below were threats of violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

To be honest, I think this thread has now been overcooked and it's time to say it's done. The vast majority of posts are just responses to one or two posters anyway.

I've felt in recent years that there has been a growing unrepresented cohort of voters ripe for the taking. When you look at marriage equality some 40% voted against, 33% against repeal and then 23% for Casey. While the turnouts obviously vary, I would bet there is a good chance that many of those Casey voters voted No in the two referendums. When these voters look to political parties, there is no mainstream home for them.

An interesting study would be how many Casey voters we're both historically FF and no to repeal.

I said earlier that I expect FF to be the most nimble of the parties and will try policies that address the Casey remarks in a way that is right wing. Martin will have to be dumped for this change in direction. If they don't, then their clothes will most definitely be stolen by independents with no qualms about speaking their mind.

The next general election will be fun, all thanks to Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So why haven't facebook taken action if she is sending death threats to a public figure ?

I'd say it's more wishful thinking on Margaret's part

Still shocking views from a now public figure

Not first time Casey has had death threats

"Mr Casey also addressed claims that he is increasing his security in response to death threats and spoke about a video that was posted online targeting him.

He told Neil Prendeville the person in the video said they “were going to come and get me... and the matter has been handed over to the Guards”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/peter-casey-hits-out-at-out-of-touch-varadkar-878660.html

Casey voter here. Voted YES to Repeal and YES to Marriage Equality and anyone I spoke to who voted for him claims to have don the same. To me, this suggests that what he said resonates on an apolitical level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I've felt in recent years that there has been a growing unrepresented cohort of voters ripe for the taking. When you look at marriage equality some 40% voted against, 33% against repeal and then 23% for Casey. While the turnouts obviously vary, I would bet there is a good chance that many of those Casey voters voted No in the two referendums.

Thats some conjecture there bud!
    Any evidence or is it just a little slur?

FWIW.
    Me and my wide were yesx 2 and Casey.
    I dont know anyone voting 'No' , i know a lot that voted for Casey.

KrustyUCC wrote:

Peter Casey is costing the state nothing, whereas Miss Cash. I know which one who would be no loss.

People are complicated

I know one person Yes SSM, No Abortion and gave No1 to Casey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

To be honest, I think this thread has now been overcooked and it's time to say it's done. The vast majority of posts are just responses to one or two posters anyway.

I've felt in recent years that there has been a growing unrepresented cohort of voters ripe for the taking. When you look at marriage equality some 40% voted against, 33% against repeal and then 23% for Casey. While the turnouts obviously vary, I would bet there is a good chance that many of those Casey voters voted No in the two referendums. When these voters look to political parties, there is no mainstream home for them.

An interesting study would be how many Casey voters we're both historically FF and no to repeal.

I said earlier that I expect FF to be the most nimble of the parties and will try policies that address the Casey remarks in a way that is right wing. Martin will have to be dumped for this change in direction. If they don't, then their clothes will most definitely be stolen by independents with no qualms about speaking their mind.

The next general election will be fun, all thanks to Casey.

I wouldnt assume anything when you have no information to back up your statistics.

Every farmer I know who voted for Casey did it because they feel afraid in their homes, these are not elderly people, they all have gay relatives so more than likely voted for gay marriage. The vast majority of people who voted against gay marriage would be in the older age group and some of these people wouldnt have out themselves to the trouble of going to a polling booth for an election which had a foregone conclusion.

The same people who voted against gay marriage would have voted against abortion too. There is probably no co relation between the votes.

If you want to push this theory then you need to analyse the patterns of voting in the gay marriage referndum and in the abortion one. Peter Casey scored very highly in rural areas but one in four in these areas wouldnt have voted against gay marriage or abortion.

If you were to analyse the votes of the few travellers who bother to vote you will probably find they would have voted against gay people marrying, the traveller community is very homophobic. You will probably find too that travellers would by and large have voted against repeal.

The most liberal area in the country would probably be South Dublin and this is also the area least affected by travellers. The vote for Peter Casey there would be low while the SSM and repeal vote would be high.

• Advertisement

“That it may be blew up with him in it”

Is that hate speech?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement