Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanbia's new winter milk ,liquid contract Scheme

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Has anyone gotten their payment yet, neighbour was on to me this morning. He said one of the conditions was payment would be made within 7 days of them receiving signed contract. It will be 14 days tomorrow or 10 working days. He's really waiting on this money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

whelan2 wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten their payment yet, neighbour was on to me this morning. He said one of the conditions was payment would be made within 7 days of them receiving signed contract. It will be 14 days tomorrow or 10 working days. He's really waiting on this money

Was the discrepancy ,you mentioned before ,sorted.
    Admin error no doubt .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Admin error no doubt .
    Isn't it funny how Admin error never pays early or more than is due?:)

Admin error no doubt .

The discovery that Glanbia added people's current liquid milk sales into prop up the exit figure was indeed correct. Some lads are down thousands and in some cases tens of thousands on the original exit figure
    Indeed another kick in the teeth is some lads have been informed after their signed contract has been sent in that glanbia are using their liquid milk payment to offset their trading accounts. How can this be fair? . Anyone relying on the money would be fairly sick after that move

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The discovery that Glanbia added people's current liquid milk sales into prop up the exit figure was indeed correct. Some lads are down thousands and in some cases tens of thousands on the original exit figure
    Indeed another kick in the teeth is some lads have been informed after their signed contract has been sent in that glanbia are using their liquid milk payment to offset their trading accounts. How can this be fair? . Anyone relying on the money would be fairly sick after that move

It would be handier deal with travelers then them at this stage, at least you know where you’d stand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭moneyheer

Admin error no doubt .

Not being smart but when was life ever fair! One way to get back at glanbia ( for the want of a better word) is don't buy feed or fertiliser off them. It might make them realize that they can't treat us like dirt and get away with it!

moneyheer wrote: »
    Not being smart but when was life ever fair! One way to get back at glanbia ( for the want of a better word) is don't buy feed or fertiliser off them. It might make them realize that they can't treat us like dirt and get away with it!

Was a bit hard for lads not to deal with them in fairness during the drought, with their over generous credit limits

Was a bit hard for lads not to deal with them in fairness during the drought, with their over generous credit limits
    True enough, but there's no such thing as a free lunch, especially when your dealing with Glanbia, you usually end up paying through the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I agree however the problem is glanbias loyalty bonus is now making it economically more difficult not to deal with them, basically they are coming in at a similar price to my two local merchants for feed and fert, however if I buy it all from Glanbia then I will get a 4k loyalty payment the end of the year.

The other frustration is to receive this liquid exit payment I have to sign up another MSA until the end of 2022, so it's reducing my bargaining power with Glanbia to move to another processor if I did decide to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Timmaay wrote: »
    I agree however the problem is glanbias loyalty bonus is now making it economically more difficult not to deal with them, basically they are coming in at a similar price to my two local merchants for feed and fert, however if I buy it all from Glanbia then I will get a 4k loyalty payment the end of the year.

The other frustration is to receive this liquid exit payment I have to sign up another MSA until the end of 2022, so it's reducing my bargaining power with Glanbia to move to another processor if I did decide to.

The 0.75 cent 'loyalty' is still less than Strathroy ,so you are not the winner there

Regarding the MSA,that needs to be brought to the consumer and competition authority
    One of the board members was according to a previous thread here involved in a law firm that drafted one up
    He'd be obliged to recuse himself from the investigation
    5 year terms are too long in my opinion and unhealthy from a competion point of view
    I'd imagine the CCPA could reduce them to a more reasonable 3 year period

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »

I buy feed from 4 different suppliers. I price before I buy. Glanbia very rarely are cheapest. Now the loyalty bonus is grand but if you're being charged interest on overdue accounts at the crazy credit limit they have the 4k wouldn't be long getting swallowed up. That plus the initial extra outlay makes it most important to shop around. I can never understand lads buying feed or fertiliser off the one crowd and not even asking for a price beforehand.

Got cash price for fert off Glanbia,
    Urea €385
    18/6/12+s€412
    Gran lime €175.
    Priced the same in local merchants prices €10-€15 a ton in favour of the merchant on all of above. So it's easy for Glanbia giving loyalty bonus when you are paying for it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got cash price for fert off Glanbia,
    Urea €385
    18/6/12+s€412
    Gran lime €175.
    Priced the same in local merchants prices €10-€15 a ton in favour of the merchant on all of above. So it's easy for Glanbia giving loyalty bonus when you are paying for it yourself

390 for 18 6 10+s, with a protected urea as the form of N, from Glanbia, I thought that was a decent price. And yep agreed with Whelan, defo price around, last yr Glanbia were sometimes 20/30e a ton more expensive for feed and fert, but the last 2/3 months they are coming in largely the same.

The prices I got for the fertiliser are one maybe two weeks old at most.

Advertisement