Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 beers and 2 glasses delivered from Flavourly

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Will there insurance cover it when you have to tell them it was beer inside?

No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Mine turned up today. Ordered Friday. Delivered today. Might have to get another for Xmas.

18 x Flavourly
    1x Dales pale Ale
    1 x white Hag little fawn

Glasses in one piece too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OmegaGene wrote: »

Showing up as £24 for me, is that the offer price?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s odd then, showing as £24 for me and I’ve no account or orders with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

martyos121 wrote: »

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

Mine turned up today. Ordered Friday. Delivered today. Might have to get another for Xmas.

18 x Flavourly
    1x Dales pale Ale
    1 x white Hag little fawn

Glasses in one piece too
    Got the same cans too although one of the glasses was broken

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Thunderbird64

Beer52 offer is back

Beer52 order just arrived in my PM locker, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

martyos121 wrote: »
    Etnies wrote: »
    Same here

Try using the code "UNTAPPD2018"

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

thanks for the code it worked a treat
    beer52 wouldnt accept my revolut card as i have used it before, cute feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

How do you unsubscribe with beer52?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Send them a Live Chat message from their website... it does indicate "live chat" if i remember correctly but it's a ticketing system.

You'll get a reply in day or two, and they'll try to keep you sweet and subscribed with a voucher, but they're polite enough about declining. I mentioned additional cost of freight forwarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kungfual

Ugh. A week of calls to PW and have been told my Flavourly got seized...

Anyone know how much the charge might be? or how to even get it.
    PW says that customs will only have the address that was on the Flavourly box.. and that's the PW address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭r439z5ifwt8soq

kungfual wrote: »

Anyone know how much the charge might be? or how to even get it.
    PW says that customs will only have the address that was on the Flavourly box.. and that's the PW address.

Email here - pmqueries at revenue.ie (post wont allow me to link an email address)

That's the one for Parcel Motel queries in customs, but they should be able to locate your parcel anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

This is what happens when every Tom Dick and Harry is talking openly about methods to evade tax.
    Email here - pmqueries at revenue.ie (post wont allow me to link an email address)

That's the one for Parcel Motel queries in customs, but they should be able to locate your parcel anyways.

Seriously, people actually emailing Revenue about smuggling methods?! Have they no cop on? Jesus wept........ I genuinely think any methods of getting stuff in via the North will be stopped or severely curtailed very shortly becuase people don't know when to keep their traps shut about a good thing.

If you're gonna smuggle it in, just accept loss of your money is at stake. I got a box last week which may or may not have contained a couple of bottles of spirits. One had smashed, making it quite evident what was in the box (I also got an email reminding me of prohibited items). On collection I was asked did I want to submit a claim. I said no as risk is part and parcel of the saving.

I want to contact them to pay the duty on my parcel as they don't have my contact details. What's wrong with that?

This is what happens when every Tom Dick and Harry is talking openly about methods to evade tax.

Seriously, people actually emailing Revenue about smuggling methods?! Have they no cop on? Jesus wept........ I genuinely think any methods of getting stuff in via the North will be stopped or severely curtailed very shortly becuase people don't know when to keep their traps shut about a good thing.

Nobody's emailing Revenue about smuggling methods. It's the email address that Parcel Motel give to query with customs about any Duty to be paid or about seized parcels.

Unaccompanied alcohol across the border is not allowed in the eyes of Customs, but for such an insignificant amount, they could let it through.

I want to contact them to pay the duty on my parcel as they don't have my contact details. What's wrong with that?

1. You've just told them that you (and others) use forwarding service XXX to attempt to illegally smuggle booze into the country. You don't think they'l eventually sit down with XXX and put a stop to it?

2. Technically, there is no legal route for you to pay the duty yourself (although I have heard of it being offered) - the sender is required to be registered with Revenue and pay the VAT and duty in advance of shipping.

Nobody's emailing Revenue about smuggling methods. .

That's exactly what they're doing! "Hi Mr Revenue official, you didn't by any chance seize the booze I tried to smuggle in via Parcel Motel? You wouldn't be a dear and just send it on to me would you?"

Mark my words, it'll be shut down - and soon. And all because people can't keep things under the radar. I've seen plenty of EU companies who used to ship stuff here stop after getting Revenue heat - I could name you four or five wine companies off the top of my head. All great sources for ages - none now ship here. People just don't know a good thing when they see it.......

say nothing to revenue or they will be watching more closely and you ruin it for the rest of us

Nothing to do with me bro :pac:

I contacted PW as my parcel was missing for a week when it said it was delivered.
    I didn't know there was no way of paying duty yourself so thank you, I won't email them so.
    This is a thread about a possible bargain, I tried it, didn't work out. End of.

• Advertisement

I contacted PW as my parcel was missing for a week when it said it was delivered.
    I didn't know there was no way of paying duty yourself so thank you, I won't email them so.
    This is a thread about a possible bargain, I tried it, didn't work out. End of.

Yeah that's the attitude ya need to have to be fair. The whole thing is revolving around chancing your arm at a deal

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

no harm contacting the parcel forwarding company just in case but a waste of time asking revenue

On the contrary, Revenue generally let it go if it's a small quantity of alcohol and it's your first offence so definitely worth following up with them.

If the parcel has been seized, they already know the poster has attempted to smuggle in alcohol! They visit the parcel forwarding companies at least once a week and seize any alcohol they find so there's no 'under the radar' about it. They're no fools but they simply don't have the resources to inspect every parcel, only a fraction of them.

The biggest threat to this right now is Brexit putting the parcel forwarding companies out of business.

Advertisement