Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 beers and 2 glasses delivered from Flavourly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s always a risk you take and I did say that in post 2 of this thread, that’s why I didn’t risk the Flavourly one but the beer52 was worth a shot

Yep, went pretty smoothly for me. Ordered Tuesday evening, shipped Wednesday evening, notification from ParcelMotel on Thursday afternoon it was in their Dublin depot, and late Friday night that it was in the locker.

Mind you, I'm massively surprised that it worked, was expecting to be down a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Doge wrote: »
    Ye're some bleeding bunch of Pablo Escabars with yer smuggling operation! :D

Pablo delivered the Flavourly order super early this morning - he must have been trying to avoid the customs lads.

Christmas Day and St Stephen’s Day are marked down in the calendar as sampling days.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I reckon we all chip in and send the lads a crate from all of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

My Flavourly order arrived today from PW beer snack glass and magazine all present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Welp DPD delivered my package to the wrong customer. The person who received my package was a sound lad and notified Flavourly, which they in turn emailed me:
    Hi Damien,
    Hope you are very well. A gentleman has been in touch to let us know that your recent order from us was misdelivered to his address by DPD Parcel Wizard. Any orders forwarded from Northern Ireland into the Republic of Ireland are done at the customer's own risk and the only thing I can do to help in this situation is to let you know what's happened. Hopefully, if you get in touch with your delivery company they will be able to collect and redeliver your order. My apologies that I could not be in touch with better news. Fingers crossed for you!

I engaged with DPD online:
    You have been connected to Saoirse.

Damien: HI, I was expecting a delivery from Flavourly in the UK, however they emailed me to say a different DPD customer had received my parcel and contacted them to let them know this. Here is what they sent:

"<Email from Above>"

How can I receive my package?

Damien.✓✓
    Saoirse: Hi Damien, can you confirm your tracking number for this please?
    Damien: I don't have a tracking number from DPD. Flavoulry would have sent the package to DPD via Yodel: https://www.yodel.co.uk/tracking/xxxxxxxxx/✓✓;
    Saoirse: Yes but when this would have been received into the Parcel Wizard virtual address, it would have been matched to your account with your PW number and would have been sent to your default address providing you topped up your account. In this case you would have received a notification from us informing you of your tracking number for this delivery
    Saoirse: Can you please also provide your PW number and I can look into this for you?
    Damien: I only see 1 tracking number in my account and its from a different delivery✓✓
    Damien: My number is PWXXXXXX✓✓
    Saoirse: Damien, the only parcel matched to your account is one that is being delivered to a pickup point in Abbey street.
    Saoirse: In this case I would advise that you request a proof of delivery from the sender to see who signed for this in the depot and email this information on to parcelwizard@dpd.ie we can then look into this further for you
    Damien: Ok I will do that. Hopefully they can give me the signature. I have no idea how this went to another DPD customer though.✓✓
    Saoirse: It may have been matched to another account in error. If you email us the signature we should be able to look into this further for you.
    Damien: Ok hopefully they have a record of this. Here is the order history on their website:✓✓
    Damien:
    Date Created: 12 November 2018
    Date Dispatched: 15 November 2018

Our 48-hour delivery service aims to deliver in 2 to 3 working days and covers orders made before 12:00pm between Monday to Friday.

Tracking Code: XXXXXX

Delivery Address:
    Damien O'Reilly
    PWXXXXXXX, DPD Parcel Wizard
    Unit 5 Trench Park,Trench Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    BT36 4LB
    ✓✓
    Saoirse: Okay Damien that seems to be correct, apologies I cannot be of more assistance at this time.
    System: Saoirse ended the chat.
    Saoirse has left the conversation.
    Click here if you want to start a new chat.

Lets hope I can get proof of delivery signature!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Ordered last Tuesday and was supposed to be delivered today and today dpd say that ""Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network""

Not even sure what that means hopefully tomorrow it will be here.

Just not as quick as I would have expected

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RJellybean

RJellybean wrote: »
    I registered and ordered yesterday using PW but today they put my order on hold "Our system has flagged that this is not your first purchase with us"

They said as the address has been used on a number of previous orders and because of this I am not entitled to the special offer. I've been having email wars with them since 6.30 this evening. I am surprised they keep answering me.

Update: The status of my order has been changed to packed:):) I sent a facebook message and it was answered at 3 this morning apologising and confirmation that my order will be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Welp DPD delivered my package to the wrong customer. The person who received my package was a sound lad and notified Flavourly, which they in turn emailed me:
    Hi Damien,
    Hope you are very well. A gentleman has been in touch to let us know that your recent order from us was misdelivered to his address by DPD Parcel Wizard. Any orders forwarded from Northern Ireland into the Republic of Ireland are done at the customer's own risk and the only thing I can do to help in this situation is to let you know what's happened. Hopefully, if you get in touch with your delivery company they will be able to collect and redeliver your order. My apologies that I could not be in touch with better news. Fingers crossed for you!
    How can they stand over such a statement, whats the point of parcel wizard if thats the case?
    Hopefully you get you beer, I cancelled my order by contacting beer52 and let them know I had to collect my own delivery off the courier who failed to deliver as it was damaged, spent a few days trying to determine where my delivery was, took me a few calls to the courier (dpd) who werent exactly helpful and in the end they still told me it was in Northern Ireland after they told me it was in Dublin, Beer52 said theyd have replaced the damaged beers but I told them it was not for me anymore, could do all the same in a bricks and mortar store without any of the hassle.

Ordered last Tuesday and was supposed to be delivered today and today dpd say that ""Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network""

Not even sure what that means hopefully tomorrow it will be here.

Just not as quick as I would have expected
    Hopefully you get your beers, if its dpd, I think you'll need to follow up with them before they will make any effort to follow up with you, I got the notification that my items were available to collect after I already had them, which was after they told me they were in the North, which was also after they told me they were in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They can't be held responsible for a 3rd party company delivering to Republic of Ireland and that's 100% acceptable. Why would they stand over a company hatvhas nothing to do with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

antodeco wrote: »
    They can't be held responsible for a 3rd party company delivering to Republic of Ireland and that's 100% acceptable. Why would they stand over a company hatvhas nothing to do with them?

Im not putting the boot into beer52, I just told them Im cancelling as its not worth the hassle, which I didnt think was going to be a problem, not because of a few broken bottles of beer but because of the attitude of dpd regarding it, which has been shown by a few people to be, they damage stuff, they dont give a jot, they wont deliver if its damaged it seems, they wont inform you of anything until you follow up with them, and what I find is ridiculous is another poster has said they wont stand over anything coming from the North, seems like a blase attitude, so unless what you're ordering can sustain abuse, dont get it dleivered by dpd.
    It was mainly the hassle of dealing with dpd that I came to the conclusion, not worth the inconvenience of chasing them for stuff.

My other delivery from beer52 with DPD was supposed to be delivered yesterday but now states 'held in depot'. Anyone know what that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bassface93

First time using the DPD service, are they very slow? Package delivered to them yesterday afternoon and still no updates on it this morning, I'm worried about my precious beers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

bassface93 wrote: »
    First time using the DPD service, are they very slow? Package delivered to them yesterday afternoon and still no updates on it this morning, I'm worried about my precious beers!!

I’m in same boat as this, email to confirm delivery by yodel, but no update or charge from Dpd. Hopefully a delay due to them being busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

1874 wrote: »
    Im not putting the boot into beer52, I just told them Im cancelling as its not worth the hassle, which I didnt think was going to be a problem, not because of a few broken bottles of beer but because of the attitude of dpd regarding it, which has been shown by a few people to be, they damage stuff, they dont give a jot, they wont deliver if its damaged it seems, they wont inform you of anything until you follow up with them, and what I find is ridiculous is another poster has said they wont stand over anything coming from the North, seems like a blase attitude, so unless what you're ordering can sustain abuse, dont get it dleivered by dpd.
    It was mainly the hassle of dealing with dpd that I came to the conclusion, not worth the inconvenience of chasing them for stuff.

It's Beer52 who said orders forwarded by Parcel Wizard are at the customers own risk. Which makes sense, since it's nothing to do with them. DPD didn't say that.

1874 wrote:
    Hopefully you get your beers, if its dpd, I think you'll need to follow up with them before they will make any effort to follow up with you, I got the notification that my items were available to collect after I already had them, which was after they told me they were in the North, which was also after they told me they were in Dublin.

Got it delivered this morning not sure what happened as it was due out for delivery yesterday. Anyway all good now

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

My other delivery from beer52 with DPD was supposed to be delivered yesterday but now states 'held in depot'. Anyone know what that means?

It could mean it has been seized by customs. I imagine they'll be increasing their checks in the weeks coming up to Christmas.

Quackster wrote: »
    It could mean it has been seized by customs. I imagine they'll be increasing their checks in the weeks coming up to Christmas.

Nice, first delivery delivered to some random DPD customer, which is proving difficult to get DPD to do anything about it and 2nd one possibly seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My Flavourly delivery arrived in a Parcel Motel locker yesterday, took a few days longer than I expected but all well in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My second Flavourly order arrived today... few new ones from last batch in there including a few from Fourpure, and The White Hag can that had a round-trip from Sligo to Edinburgh and back to Sligo.

Screenshot-2018-11-20-at-16-24-00.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

All in all wrote: »
    I’m in same boat as this, email to confirm delivery by yodel, but no update or charge from Dpd. Hopefully a delay due to them being busy.

Just got email to confirm delivery tomorrow..

I rang DPD about the first parcel that is 'held in depot' and apparently its smashed and nothing is salvageable, and to call back tomorrow and ask for a name that they have gave me.

For the 2nd parcel that was delivered to a random DPD customer, live chat support seem clueless how to deal with this and have no idea where the parcel went and just tell me to email an address that doesn't reply. They also suggested I get Flavourly to sent out a replacement or for me to ask Flavourly to get the contact details of the DPD customer who notified them he had received my parcel in error and that he should sent it back :pac: I have received a proof of delivery and signature from Flavourly however so know it was sent to the right PW account.

What a first impression of DPD!

Poor Flavourly, having to deal with this ****e will just make them ban people using parcel redelivery services.

Poor Flavourly, having to deal with this ****e will just make them ban people using parcel redelivery services.

Exactly, Flavourly have been really helpful to me. They went out of their way for me. Even though this is not their mess. This is not on Flavourly or the DPD customer who receive my parcel in error to sort out. It's on DPD and they are making it very difficult.

The smashed one is not dpds fault and should be replaced by the beer company

I’ve never heard of another customer getting another persons order, I’m wondering was the correct pw id number on the package or was there a mistake but even if the number was wrong it would need to match your name too.
    If I was notified about a delivery and not expecting anything I would be checking what it was and handing it straight back

Well I need to find out if it was smashed before DPD received or after it arrived in the depot in Ireland.

The order history on my account on Flavourly and the proof of delivery that Flavourly have given me from their courier Yodel show that the correct PW address was used.

The smashed one is not dpds fault and should be replaced by the beer company

If it was smashed so badly that they couldn't even deliver it, DPD should have refused to accept it.

It's not confidence inspiring to hear "We can't deliver a parcel to you because it's too badly damaged, but we took it in in this state no problem."

How is Royal Mail relevant? Flavourly use Yodel.

How is Royal Mail relevant? Flavourly use Yodel.

And so do beer52.

An update to this, DPD said that will start their insurance process for my Flavourly delivery as they have no idea where they sent my parcel to.

As for the beer52 delivery, they said that I can go to the depot in Dublin 15 to see what is recoverable, but the parcel won't be covered as its glass/beer. Luckily this one was only around 6 euro. I don't think its worth the effort to drive out that far to be honest!

• Advertisement

An update to this, DPD said that will start their insurance process for my Flavourly delivery as they have no idea where they sent my parcel to.

Will there insurance cover it when you have to tell them it was beer inside?

Advertisement