Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with buying first DSLR

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭lil_kev

So guys. I have finally purchased a DSLR from e-infinity website Canon 800D +EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM for 630 euro. Thnx guys for all your help! :)

So guys. I have finally purchased a DSLR from e-infinity website Canon 800D +EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM for 630 euro. Thnx guys for all your help! :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

lil_kev wrote: »

Perfect camera/lens for what you want. And a good price too. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You’re gonna need a tripod. And a ball head. Some filters. A bag. No, wait. A backpack. A lighter tripod. And one more lens.

There’s always one more lens.

:(

endacl wrote: »
    You’re gonna need a tripod. And a ball head. Some filters. A bag. No, wait. A backpack. A lighter tripod. And one more lens.

There’s always one more lens.

:(

Hi. I've alreday have all of the above except extra lens. Cheers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Was thinking of buying a few lenses off that site. maybe even a Nikon D7200. Let me know how everything goes with delivery etc.

Was thinking of buying a few lenses off that site. maybe even a Nikon D7200. Let me know how everything goes with delivery etc.

Hi. I'm a bit delayed on this thread. I have ordered around 4 weeks ago on Saturday and got everything next Friday in perfect condition. I'm glad that I listen lads from forum because I've saved around 400 euros on camera and lens.

Hope this helps!

PS:Next lens will be 50mm 1.4 from e-infinity

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PS:Next lens will be 50mm 1.4 from e-infinity

(600D shooter)

The 50 is an 80 on a crop, if you want it for portraits its great but don't expect to use it as a walkabout lens like you could on a FF.

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also I would probably recommend the 50 1.8 instead of the 1.4.

Much cheaper and I’m not sure you’ll really need the 1.4, 1.8 is plenty in most conditions.

ED E wrote: »
    (600D shooter)

The 50 is an 80 on a crop, if you want it for portraits its great but don't expect to use it as a walkabout lens like you could on a FF.

Unfortunately that is the case that Ill have to accept with crop sensor camera :(. Was thinking to get either 35mm or 24mm in few months because of the 1.6 crop.

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Unfortunately that is the case that Ill have to accept with crop sensor camera :(. Was thinking to get either 35mm or 24mm in few months because of the 1.6 crop.

Cheers :)

I have a crop sensor and have a 30mm prime lens. Get a good bit of use out of it. I agree with the above poster, 50mm on crop sensor will be tight enough.

Best thing I did when I got my first proper camera was join my local library, download their magazine app, then read a load of their magazines for free. They've about 5 or 6 photography magazines, some cost €8 to buy!

Advertisement