Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie not working on Android phone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Still the same as this for me. Chrome only on Android. Other browsers all give the message above. Sometimes it fails immediately, sometimes it does a Cloudflare check before failing.

I've got it working on Ecosia and Chrome now by but no joy with anything else.
    The trouble with those two is they won't let me increase the font size when using Boards (I can with other sites) so it's killing my eyes.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

While I can see the value in having an app, personally, offering a mobile version of website makes it available and consistent across a range of devices and handsets. We can also make changes (and implement fixes) faster and we don't have to maintain and support even more code bases. I hope that helps give some context.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

While I can see the value in having an app, personally, offering a mobile version of website makes it available and consistent across a range of devices and handsets. We can also make changes (and implement fixes) faster and we don't have to maintain and support even more code bases. I hope that helps give some context.

It was available and consistent on my Android phone (and everyone else's) until you decided otherwise. It now takes me three times longer to access the site and the screen image is inferior.

So I'll be accessing Boards far less but thanks for the explanation.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

First Up wrote: »
    It was available and consistent on my Android phone (and everyone else's) until you decided otherwise. It now takes me three times longer to access the site and the screen image is inferior.

So I'll be accessing Boards far less but thanks for the explanation.

The app is currently being impacted by technical issues that we faced last night and over last weekend. We are working through said issues, but there will be some disruption in the meantime.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but that's all that we can do at this point in time. While issues are being rectified, the touch site is available for mobile browsing.

Advertisement