Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie not working on Android phone

Options
  • 28-10-2018 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else had a problem accessing Boards on their phone the last few days?. My Samsung Galaxy won't run the App since Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

First Up wrote: »
    Anyone else had a problem accessing Boards on their phone the last few days?. My Samsung Galaxy won't run the App since Friday.

Getting 503 errors on the Brave app too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Working okay for me at the moment. Site was down for a bit the other day, and I sometimes get the Cloudflare message.

Am posting this from Brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Same here since last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Working through Chrome but not Android stock browser since Friday. Lots of Cloudflare checks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭corks finest

Working okay for me at the moment. Site was down for a bit the other day, and I sometimes get the Cloudflare message.

Am posting this from Brave.
    Same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Couldn’t log in at all since about lunch yesterday, desktop and phone. Different browsers, cleared cache, etc. Seems to be back up now in the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Having continuous problems since yesterday.Just got to log in now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DDoS defences it seems, must have been an attack or attempt at same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I've tried on five different browsers. Chrome is the only one that works.
    All the others give me this:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭corks finest

I contacted boards via messenger,got a response ,and back working now, happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

You'll probably get a better response / be better keeping an eye here:
    Can't log in thread on feedback forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭thesandeman

EmptyTree wrote: »
    You'll probably get a better response / be better keeping an eye here:
    Can't log in thread on feedback forum

Cheers. I found that after I posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I can access Boards via notifications on GMail but the app on my phone is still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Been working fine for me via Chrome and the touch site. Only change is cloudflare checks when I first open the site.

Have they actually made the app usable these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Have they actually made the app usable these days?
    Last updated February 23, 2016, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Alun wrote: »
    Last updated February 23, 2016, what do you think?

Its working again fwiw.....as is the site on Brave (for me anyway)

Seems to be OK now.

More problems since yesterday. Accessible through Google/Chrome but not through the Android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Was working fine for a few days - back to not working again since last night

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks,

Spotted this thread on the home page, so thought I'd chime in. We had some technical issues last weekend and again last night, but working to rectify these. However, I'm afraid that it's unlikely that the app will be working over the weekend.

For what it's worth, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing, as the app is no longer supported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Not working for me currently and wasn't working all weekend either. I can see the pages through the app but posts and forums don't load

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hi folks,

Spotted this thread on the home page, so thought I'd chime in. We had some technical issues last weekend and again last night, but working to rectify these. However, I'm afraid that it's unlikely that the app will be working over the weekend.

For what it's worth, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing, as the app is no longer supported.

Jaysis mark, you guys are getting a hammering at the moment, is it technical issues on your end or external factors? Thanks for your efforts in rectifying these issues

Hi folks,

You do realise that the Android app is by far the most user friendly access point for many? I'm sure you have your reasons for not supporting it but you are losing a lot of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Hi folks,

Sorry Mark can you clarify if the app is under repair or no longer supported?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

What's the story with the app - is it still as bad as it was a year ago? I've never had a problem with it running on Chrome.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

The app is no longer supported. However, when full service is restored (it's linked to Responsive Site) the app will be back online.

Unfortunately, there's only so many versions of the site that can be supported and maintained, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=464851&d=1540791432

Still the same as this for me. Chrome only on Android. Other browsers all give the message above. Sometimes it fails immediately, sometimes it does a Cloudflare check before failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

First Up wrote: »
    You do realise that the Android app is by far the most user friendly access point for many? I'm sure you have your reasons for not supporting it but you are losing a lot of business.

The app has always been dreadful, I have always used the touch.boards.ie on Chrome and it's been great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

The now mandatorily imposed new look mobile is absolutely dreadful in comoarison to the "desktop mini" version in existed beforehand.

• Advertisement

The app is no longer supported. However, when full service is restored (it's linked to Responsive Site) the app will be back online.

Unfortunately, there's only so many versions of the site that can be supported and maintained, etc.
    I am not an expert in this business but among the many versions available, I'd have thought Android phones were used by a lot more people than some of the others.

Advertisement