Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eddhorse wrote: »
    How did the 6 button arcade game translate to a one button joystick on c64?

It didn't.

Also the most annoying thing about the game is that they included in the manual all the characters special moves and the actions to pull them off, with a disclaimer that this is how you pull them off in the arcade, it's different in this version of the game and some were missing. Then didn't tell you how to pull them off it the actual version you had.

I mean it wasn't out and out garbage and I got a laugh when the game glitches and the characters exploded every time I hit them (the 6 sprites they were made up of would fly off the screen). But it wasn't amazing either and it wasn't street fighter 2.

I mean this was on a system that had IK+ so something good could have been made of it that didn't look complete ****.

As a kid how really, really, really wanted a SNES and kept getting denied every xmas and birthday it actually nearly brought me to tears when I booted it up, realised it was ****e and that I finished it without even trying on my first go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently, work is ongoing by one coder to produce an improved Street Fighter II for the C64

https://www.pacoblog64.com/

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Apparently, work is ongoing by one coder to produce an improved Street Fighter II for the C64

https://www.pacoblog64.com/

Great to see. Street Fighter II was brought out for ZX Spectrum in 1993 but it was pure awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Speccy version is pretty damn rare, went for about 100-130 last time I checked. Might be even more now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Speccy version is pretty damn rare, went for about 100-130 last time I checked. Might be even more now.

Imagine paying that much for that garbage.

They could have bought my feaces instead. At least it can be used as fertiliser.

Master of the Universe

There was a lad on here who had a copy, I remember him posting a photo years ago.

His posts got really nihilistic before he stopped posting, it was really weird. I think the idea that his collection would 'expire' capacitor and component wise made him have an existential crisis about his own lifespan and he sold everything :eek:

Either that or he just played Speccy SF2 too often. That would make anyone question the point of reality.

There was a lad on here who had a copy, I remember him posting a photo years ago.

His posts got really nihilistic before he stopped posting, it was really weird. I think the idea that his collection would 'expire' capacitor and component wise made him have an existential crisis about his own lifespan and he sold everything :eek:

Either that or he just played Speccy SF2 too often. That would make anyone question the point of reality.

Is it a thing then that, after a uncertain period of time, regulars here all end up having some sort of mental breakdown?

Looks like I, for one, am working in the right place!

Maybe he should have received a Sinclair Vega console. That would finish him off.

It will outshine the Atari VCS.

Good to see that the Spectrum world wasn't really affected that much by the Vega.

What would Tramiel do in relation to the Atari VCS.

I see official warnings in the Atari VCS adverts not unlike those for the Nintendo Classic, (The left controller might just not work that well etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Is it a thing then that, after a uncertain period of time, regulars here all end up having some sort of mental breakdown?

Looks like I, for one, am working in the right place!
    Every beers you're looking for new clients? I knew it
    Jkjk

• Advertisement

It wasn't the guy getting all the NES games no?
    I didn't get to try that tutorial they posted on YouTube, how to play NDS back ups on the WiiU

Oh man hope it's the analogue pocket pre orders and release. just after pay day :eek:

JSR spiritual successor coming out next year, Hideki Naganuma going the music too.

That looks amazing!

I really should start JSR again, try and finish it this time!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh man hope it's the analogue pocket pre orders and release. just after pay day :eek:

Judging by the colour scheme of the announcement, I would say that's what it is.
    I think I will definitely get this one, none of the rest of their products pique my interest but this one... this looks fantastic.

I wonder what the price will be for the adaptors for other systems?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Judging by the colour scheme of the announcement, I would say that's what it is.
    I think I will definitely get this one, none of the rest of their products pique my interest but this one... this looks fantastic.

I wonder what the price will be for the adaptors for other systems?

And what price is the dock going to be? Not cheap I'd imagine.

The device does look stunning but at 200 quid and with that form factor, I'll stick with my modded GBA I reckon.

I haven't bought a big bucks item in a long time, and I do love my handhelds, so...
    Feck it

The dock looks amazing as well...

Master of the Universe

Yeah it's the only device they've released that I've been interested in too. Absolutely love how it looks, I'd a Gameboy Pocket as a kid (still up in the attic somewhere!) so they've really hit my nostalgia buttons on this one.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    And what price is the dock going to be? Not cheap I'd imagine.

The device does look stunning but at 200 quid and with that form factor, I'll stick with my modded GBA I reckon.

Think this will be worth it. That screen looks insanely good and at that high resolution there won't be any issues with pixel ratios. Just be nice to have an all in one device.

• Advertisement

That looks amazing!

I really should start JSR again, try and finish it this time!
    If you get stuck next beers I'll help you with it, cleared it enough times by now

Good game news for me lately

"Jump into the whimsical and bizarre land of Balan WonderWorld in spring 2021. This brand new action-platformer reunites Naka Yuji and Naoto Ohshima the original creators of Sonic The Hedgehog for the first time in 20 years."

https://twitter.com/balanwworld/status/1286329140120113152?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Oh brilliant the character customisation was err the absolute best part of Sonic Forces.

Edit: oh right he hadn't anything to do with that just sort of assumed he stayed working for Sega albeit as an external company.

Oh brilliant the character customisation was err the absolute best part of Sonic Forces.

Edit: oh right he hadn't anything to do with that just sort of assumed he stayed working for Sega albeit as an external company.
    Yeah my friend loved the character creation in that.

He left Sega in 06 to start his own studio and joined Square last year so that's how he's involved here. Sonic Riders was the last Sonic game, just checked the wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

https://twitter.com/MatttGFX/status/1287150340412968961

All part of the latest Nintendo leaks.

Hip/Chip Tanaka is doing a new album, his first one was amazing

This is from the first album

While I can get his new album with my Google Music/Youtube Music sub I can't find his first album anywhere except Amazon Music...

Master of the Universe

Did anyone see this recent batch of released prototype sprites and other artwork from Snes games?

Some really mad stuff in there.

https://imgur.com/a/tXaabLY

For example, prototype Link sprites for ALTTP

bCqkv9K.png

Another interesting take on a title screen we're all familiar with

rS4WnBX.png

These are fantastic:

QuxdeUG.jpg

While I can get his new album with my Google Music/Youtube Music sub I can't find his first album anywhere except Amazon Music...
    I know you're sorted but for anyone else it's on Bandcamp as well
    https://chiptanaka.bandcamp.com/album/django

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Foolish question possibly, but outside of CEX, anyone know any good sites for buying ps2 games on?

Advertisement