Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to rent the apartment again, suggestions on vetting.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Anyone any experiance with rentassured.ie

Does anyone know if RTB determinations are registered with the Stubbsgazette or is it up to the indivdual claimants?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

troyzer wrote: »
    This thread is really grim. I make good money and I've rented a few places, never had any issues.

I couldn't tick all of these boxes. It's just as well I'm not looking for a place to rent right now, Christ.

Rented out ? Or rented as a tenant ?

Yes it is grim. Unfortunately there is little protection for landlords these days and unfortunately its become a situation for some landlords whereby they end up like a social housing body whether they like it or not with nobody paying rent and/or a place wrecked (in the absence of a social housing policy for the last 10 years)

Its very easy to have a cavalier attitude to the whole area when you don't have something that no one can destroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Don't do open viewings, select a manageable number, maybe 5. Show them the property individually and take the time to talk to each of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Don't do open viewings, select a manageable number, maybe 5. Show them the property individually and take the time to talk to each of them.
    Agreed. Otherwise all their answers will be similar. This happened to me when I was looking for a housemate; two were there at the same time. Answers were similar. Ended up picking neither.

Advertisement