Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roman Reigns reveals he's battling Leukemia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Like a lot of people, I was fed up with Reigns being pushed so hard, but I would happily have him stay in his position over him having to endure this disease. Hope he's back sooner than later, but not before he's 100% and doesn't rush it.

I saw the headline this morning so knew what was coming and got through watching okay, but once Seth and Dean came out with Seth being so upset, it got me.

Within a week of seeing Tegan Nox enduring her injury in the ring in the MYC as well which was also a tough watch. Getting all too real.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Hopefully you knock it out of the park as well my man. Don't ever let that cu*t of a disease beat you.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Stunned is all I can say really when I saw the Raw recap on Bleacher Report this morning, also seeing everyone in the wrestling business wishing him well via Twitter, regardless of which side of the fence their on, a classy touch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Been travelling so only just saw this now.

Weird to say this but that was Roman Reigns best promo, He was Joe not Roman when he spoke and he instantly connected with the fans. He is a fighter, hopefully thanks to how the WWE would be constantly checking up on their top guys health especially with his history they have caught it early and he can truly kick it's ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Bryan Alvarez gave a pretty depressing and brief take on what Roman faces albeit purely his own speculation. I've had two pretty significant experiences with cancer and one of them was a reoccurrence.....just hope to God if there is one that they've caught it in time and that he has a fighting chance.

Can't get my head around this news.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Bryan Alvarez gave a pretty depressing and brief take on what Roman faces albeit purely his own speculation. I've had two pretty significant experiences with cancer and one of them was a reoccurrence.....just hope to God if there is one that they've caught it in time and that he has a fighting chance.

I'd like to think that the fact that he was 'in remission' that it meant that there was a chance of a reoccurrence and WWE and Reigns were keeping a close eye on it.

Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway. Reigns was coming out fighting so I'm hoping that means it was caught early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jesus samu of headshirnkers has cancer hes roman cousin (not 100% sure on ) and godfather absolute horrible time for the family not too far after rosey passed

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1055124239932706816

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Complete guess work and he shouldn't be discussing really if he doesn't know the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Complete guess work and he shouldn't be discussing really if he doesn't know the facts.

Ya he's no more of an insider than you or I
    I can't stand him in the last few years
    All speculation
    No real insight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I understand the point, and appreciate he might have taken a view on it people don't agree with....

...as someone who has ZERO experience with the disease, I'm grateful to people who offer opinions and details of what scenarios could be faced, both optimistic and pessimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leukaemia Care UK have done a good Twitter thread on this with a Q & A on Leukemia.

There seems to be a lot of skepticism online if he was ill at all that's the internet for you though.

They have a great use of gifs on it :)

https://twitter.com/LeukaemiaCareUK/status/1100326051933229056

Advertisement