Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do?

Options
  • 21-10-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13 DoIStay

My partner of over 3 years is going away on a trip. They have intentionally packed condoms. I'm lost. I know I need to confront them. Part of me wants to wait until they are back and check if they were used or still in the bag. I don't know what to do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

I wouldn't even speak to them again, completely ghost them. That's sickening

• Administrators Posts: 13,855 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

You ask why they have packed condoms. And expect an answer like "my friend asked me to get them.

Then you decide whether you believe them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

DoIStay wrote: »
    My partner of over 3 years is going away on a trip. They have intentionally packed condoms. I'm lost. I know I need to confront them. Part of me wants to wait until they are back and check if they were used or still in the bag. I don't know what to do

When you say they who are you referring to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DoIStay

They- my partner. Keeping it gender neutral so as not to skew opinions

I don't see why opinions would be skewed because of gender. Regardless of the gender it seem they intend to cheat. If a woman packs condoms are they less likely to cheat then a man?

Unless it's a hen night and they plan some "hilarious" antics like blowing them up and throwing them around a night club??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Sorry to here. I recently came out of a three year relationship after my partner cheated on me so i completely understand your shock that you'll be in.

Could they be a messy packer like myself and throw everything including the kitchen sink in or left them in the bag after a previous trip with you two ? I'd approach them about as this is something that shouldn't happen

I don't see why opinions would be skewed because of gender. Regardless of the gender it seem they intend to cheat. If a woman packs condoms are they less likely to cheat then a man?

Unless it's a hen night and they plan some "hilarious" antics like blowing them up and throwing them around a night club??
    I agree with you however it was my decision to use "they" based on some replies I have read on similar threads before e.g guys packing for other guys, hen party fun etc.
    It will also help protect my identity. Thank you for your reply.

Well your post and choice of username seems to lean more towards you believe the condoms were intentionally packed for the purposes of cheating. Nobody here can make the decision for you. They might intend to cheat. Their friend might intend to cheat. They might want to fill them with water and throw them at their friends.

All you can do is ask, gauge the reaction and act as you see fit.

Their gender doesn't really come in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I agree - gender does NOT come into this. I'm sick of seeing the "If the genders were reversed" trope being trotted out here.

Why do you know that your partner has packed the condoms? How come you happened to be looking in their bag? Have you reason to distrust them?

I agree with the others. The only way to deal with this is to ask them and gauge their reaction. I think it's something that needs to be done now, not put off until they get back. This is going to be playing on your mind all the time they're away and I'm not sure an unopened box of condoms sitting in their bag when they get back is going to solve this in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

My honest opinion is if your partner had an unopened packet of condoms in his bag before his trip he was getting ready should the situation arise.

I would have it out with him and see what excuse he comes up with

• Advertisement

Expecting to get the ride was the first thought that crossed my mind too. Do people really buy condoms "for a friend" if they're going away somewhere? Why can't this "friend" buy their own if they think they're going to get laid?

It's the intent, the preparation.I'm heartboken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

It's the intent, the preparation.I'm heartboken.

You must be a bit dim if you have to come onto a forum to ask such a stupid question.

Sorry but I have to be brutal.

Long term partner is going away for work and he or she takes condoms.

What's 1+1?

Please say this poster is trolling

• italodisco wrote: »
    You must be a bit dim if you have to come onto a forum to ask such a stupid question.

What's 1+1?

There’s really no need to be a doofus. The forum is for people who need advice and help when they’re unsure of something. Not to be attacked and belittled for daring to seek some advice from people.

italodisco wrote: »

What's 1+1?

What question did I ask? I know what packing condoms mean.
    I've just found out my best friend is intending on cheating on me either with someone he knows or should the opportunity arise. I wanted support, someone to tell me he's a dick and 'll be ok. I

italodisco, yellow for uncivil reply.
    Hailee Poor PedicureMGS, no need for the vulgar language.

Posters are reminded to post in a mature, civil manner in Personal Issues, or don't post.

All posters should reread The Forum Charter.

• Sorry I have edited the message. My apologies I just read what was said and became infuriated.

I will bring it up tonight . You are right, I cannot spend a week thinking about it if I wait for him to get back. Part of me wants to be gone when he gets back though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Listen there is no question, he is bringing condoms away with him, why on earth would he need them only to cheat.

So yourself a favour, get out now before you're married with kids.

Hell have a million excuses. Don't accept any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I’d ask straight out.

As someone else said why were u looking in his bag? Do you have reason to be suspicious?

I personally couldn’t make that discovery and then sit on it for a week while he was away anyway.

In as awful as it is, at least you’ll know. You’ll know right away by his very first reaction to the question.

Is there any chance if he travels regularly with you that they would have been just left in the bag from a previous trip?

• Advertisement

I’d ask straight out.

As someone else said why were u looking in his bag? Do you have reason to be suspicious?

In as awful as it is, at least you’ll know.?

We had a box of condoms that had been unopened . I noticed today that they had been opened and some removed so I checked.

I already know. I do. I just can't face what comes next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

We had a box of condoms that had been unopened . I noticed today that they had been opened and some removed so I checked.

If you have that gut feeling that’s just so awful girl, look after yourself. What comes next will be fine, if there is anything to get through you’ll do it and IF your suspicions are correc then you’ll be the better for it.

My only reason for thinking it may have been just an over sight is that there doesn’t appear to have been any attempt to hide them if they were just there in an open bag being packed. I would have thought that if someone were thinking of cheating that they would probably be a bit more discreet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

What comes next is that you free yourself of an unfaithful, betraying and disrespectful ****head before things got more serious and complicated. Why would you not want to face that? You've dodged a bullet and you will get through the pain and upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭bilbot79

No-one has dodged a bullet train yet. The OPs partner should get a fair trial here. Nothing has actually happened.

That's why she's being advised to ask (not accuse!). His reaction to a perfectly legitimate question will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'm sorry OP but I don't see the need for a fair trial here. Why on earth would someone in a commited relationship need to pack condoms for a weekend away? If my OH did it, the trust would just be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Shocked at the amount of people willing to condemn without even asking what's the reason for packing them. 3 years is a lot to be with someone, so at least ask the person.

Surely if the guy was going away on a trip and planned to cheat, he wouldn't stupidly leave the evidence in his suit case unless he wanted to be caught.

Who's going on this trip and is this a regular thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

bilbot79 wrote: »
    No-one has dodged a bullet train yet. The OPs partner should get a fair trial here. Nothing has actually happened.

Because they didn't get the chance yet

• actually just thinking
    Would they actually pack condoms to bring? Surely to Jaysus you’d buy some wherever you were going? The OP also said the condoms were theirs. So why would he pack their condoms to use with someone else that makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Yeah I'm gonna echo the air on the side of caution here.

People who cheat are tactical asshats, they spend their whole time preparing and doing it, if he was planning on doing it then he wouldn't pack some,just buy some wherever he was going, unless he's in the 1% of stupid cheaters.

The fact people already have judge him guilty says a lot about this forum, there a many many reasons they could be in there.

OP have you had suspicions before, any actual evidence he has cheated etc over the course of the relationship?

Advertisement