Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Gloucester, Sat 20th Oct 1pm, VM One / BT Sport 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,203 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

The ref is looking at it from 10 feet away. Can any of them make a decision for themselves any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Clareman wrote: »
    Yup and never in a position to catch it

He has his eye in the ball and knew it was coming...not a yellow card ...not deliberate

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'll take the yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭OldRio

How stupid can you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ref decides to start reffing Munster at the end of the game when it doesn’t matter.

Matters hugely to Gloucester if they get another try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Gloucester deserve a bonus point. Munster are very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Since Van Graan has come in Munster discipline has been an issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

He has his eye in the ball and knew it was coming...not a yellow card ...not deliberate

He knew what he was doing and could never have controlled the ball, clear yellow to me

Goggin looks hurt, his knee ligaments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Looks like Goggin has done knee.

Looks very bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

How wasn't that crossing? Goggin looked injured there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Embarrassing closing out of the game - lost complete control

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Did scannell get injured today? He seemed to go off at HT.

Strange to get a bonus point win but to be happy to deny Gloucester at the end, another try for Gloucester would have left them with 2 points whereas they leave with nothing but we have 5 points

He knew what he was doing and could never have controlled the ball, clear yellow to me

You watch the replay...he had his eye on that pass before it was even thrown... nothing deliberate whatsoever about it, no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Think it needs to be very clear that Munster only played against 15 men for 18 minutes, a BP is the least you'd expect to be getting from there, and especially not to be getting carried away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Strange game.

Munster won comfortably but played quite poorly. Still the same problems of old. Attack being built off talented individuals actions rather than structure.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Think it needs to be very clear that Munster only played against 15 men for 18 minutes, a BP is the least you'd expect to be getting from there, and especially not to be getting carried away with it.

Nobody's getting carried away as you can see

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The return match will be fiesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭nerd69

kmart6 wrote: »

Poor performance to be honest disappointing. A lot to work on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Munster were very unimpressive today but with a few brilliant individual performances.

If I were Joe Schmidt though, Beirne is now in my starting 15. Depending on how things go tomorrow, I think POM deserves to lose his starting jersey to Ruddock.

Ruddock is light years ahead recently on form and POM is just giving away far too many penalties.

Although I'm a filthy Leinster fan so what do I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I think Gloucester can feel aggrieved not to be leaving there with at least 2 points. I thought Stander should have been yellow carded and penalty try awarded in the first half.

Still 5 points in the bag and topping the pool is not bad for an afternoons work.

troyzer wrote: »
    Munster were very unimpressive today but with a few brilliant individual performances.

If I were Joe Schmidt though, Beirne is now in my starting 15. Depending on how things go tomorrow, I think POM deserves to lose his starting jersey to Ruddock.

Ruddock is light years ahead recently on form and POM is just giving away far too many penalties.

Less than Joe...and he's the only persons opinion that counts

Poor performance considering we were playing against 14 players for most of the game, yellow for 10 and ref for 60. 7 points after 2 games is brilliant, 2 wins against Castres (easier said than done) and we could be almost through to the next round

Less than Joe...and he's the only persons opinion that counts

Everyone knows less than Joe.

But I think it's hard to argue against Ruddock getting the nod. He's playing so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just saw the red card in real time.

What did Cipriani do? He seemed to get a bang for his troubles. Did he lead with a shoulder or something?

Ruddock is playing better than POM at the moment but how much is that down to him playing with a better team??? The Irish team wouldn't be weakened by starting either but I think POM brings a lot of leadership qualities

mfceiling wrote: »
    Just saw the red card in real time.

What did Cipriani do? He seemed to get a bang for his troubles. Did he lead with a shoulder or something?

Shoulder into the face

Ruddock is playing better than POM at the moment but how much is that down to him playing with a better team??? The Irish team wouldn't be weakened by starting either but I think POM brings a lot of leadership qualities

Leadership qualities like giving away penalties all over the place? Ruddock isn't doing that. Doesn't matter what squad you play in, penalties you give away are your own.

Ruddock is outplaying him in every single aspect of the game. He deserves the start.

• Advertisement

Everyone knows less than Joe.

But I think it's hard to argue against Ruddock getting the nod. He's playing so much better.

He has to start a couple of games and be given an opportunity to show with POM on the bench with the opposite to happen in the other games

Advertisement