Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Calling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Week 3 4 Aug-10 Aug

Sunday
    21.5k all on grass. Kept HR in the 130s for first 15k at 4.50 pace average. Next 5k at average 4.05 pace but found it difficult to get up to speed. Took a lot of effort to run at this pace but reckon I could have done another 3k at this pace.

Tuesday
    Track session on my own. 5x800m averaged 2.34. Took 1.40 rest on average. Felt windy on the track

Thursday
    11k close to target race pace. Ran at 4mins pace and kept hr around 150

Friday
    No pilates as instructor on holidays. But got swimming. 15x75 again, averaged 1.14ish so slightly faster.

Saturday
    Did 18k with park run in the middle. Kept hr in the 130s early on and was averaging 4.55 pace. Parkrun ran at 4.25 pace with hr in high 140s. Slowed pace for final 5k to around 4.40

Week 4 11 Aug - 17 Aug

Sunday
    21k at 4.45 pace on average. 2 slow kms due to woods and walking through overgrown field. Ket HR under 130 for first 15k, it drifted higher but under 140 for last 6k. But I ran the final 6k slightly faster and a good bit of this was on grass. Two issues - my calves were tight starting off. Took about 5k to feel alright. Inner thighs started chafing badly with about 8k to go. Powered through but not enjoyable.

Tuesday
    Track session. 200s,400s,1k pyramid. Averaged 33 for the 200s, 71 for the 400s and 3.12 for the 1k

Wednesday
    Swimming. 15x75 with 45sec rest. Averaged 69secs. Getting bit faster than recent weeks.

Thursday
    10.5k easy on the road and then an easy additional 2.5k on the elliptical trainer.

Saturday
    Took day off as had mild sore foot earlier in the week and feeling quite tired ahead of the 10 mile race on Sunday. Also had agreed to play golf. Got a good nap in the afternoon though.

Week 5 18 Aug - 24 Aug

Sunday
    Didn't sleep well and didn't feel right on waking. Decided not to do race.

Tuesday
    Feeling much better after the rest. Track session. 1x1k, 2x800 and 4x400. All on grass track so not accurate times.

Thursday
    12k done. Running with bag for 8k of it. Felt awful running with bag but I didn't really speed up any once I took it off. Ave around 5min/km

Friday
    Pilates in the morning. Didn't go swimming as I forgot my towel.

Saturday
    Switched order of planned weekend runs. Did 25k today. Glutes felt sore following yesterday's pilates. 16k easy (4.44 ave), 8k MP (3.55 ave) and 1k cooldown. MP felt harder than I hoped. Could have kept it going for another 5k but feel like I'd have slowed down a lot beyond that.

Advertisement