Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Brolly - racial and sexist mma article

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Not really sure what "in training" is meant to convey but have there ever been any people awaiting trial that have been "in training" for other sports?

Would there be a proliferation of say badminton players with a predilection to violent behaviour/general thuggery? Or are some "sports" more likely to attract a certain type of person?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheShockmaster

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Would there be a proliferation of say badminton players with a predilection to violent behaviour/general thuggery? Or are some "sports" more likely to attract a certain type of person?

Like the GAA, Soccer or Rugby maybe? I dare say participants in those sports would account for a far higher percentage of assaults commited by sports people in Ireland

Like the GAA, Soccer or Rugby maybe? I dare say participants in those sports would account for a far higher percentage of assaults commited by sports people in Ireland

On a per capita/per participant basis? Remember their playing numbers are absolutely massive compared to mma.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Martial arts and combat sports are great. This thread is full of pearl-clutching fannies.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheShockmaster

On a per capita/per participant basis? Remember their playing numbers are absolutely massive compared to mma.

Yes, I would say proportionally they do far more damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Patww79 wrote:
    It's all the same muck. Throw boxing in too.

Much like rugby and it's players so

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

but some of the stuff he says in this article are not only uninformed, they are arrogant deliberately antagonising and I would say are borderline sexist and racist.

Yes, that is indeed the shtick of the **** Joe Brolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Quiet season now for brolly so anything at all to keep his name in the papers with a bit of horsesh1t controversy.good lad joeen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You haven't given an example of a sport with participants that engage on general thuggery. Just a single example.

A lot of the general thuggery where I'm from was caused by people associated with football, rugby and GAA. But that has no reflection on their sports.

FWIW, I've played a lot of badminton over the years and martial arts and known as many from both that have a predilection for general thuggery, ie none.

A scumbag associated with MMA seems to tar every participant which is bollócks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Well the guy currently awaiting trial for beating a young musician to death in Waterford was "in training". As I say it's a handy way of identifying who to avoid.

Was Dublin GAA star Diarmuid Connolly in training when he brutally assaulted a man outside a Dublin pub?

• Advertisement

You haven't given an example of a sport with participants that engage on general thuggery. Just a single example.

A lot of the general thuggery where I'm from was caused by people associated with football, rugby and GAA. But that has no reflection on their sports.

FWIW, I've played a lot of badminton over the years and martial arts and known as many from both that have a predilection for general thuggery, ie none.

A scumbag associated with MMA seems to tar every participant which is bollócks.

And Mr McGregor himself of course. The darling of such types..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

FTA69 wrote: »
    Martial arts and combat sports are great. This thread is full of pearl-clutching fannies.

That some very powerful uterus muscles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Joe Brolly loves the sound of his own voices. He is the Eamonn Dumphy for the bogballers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Then later on he describes another very well respected mother who happens to work as an mma fighter in the following terms "Two women tried to kill each other. The Karate Hottie (real name Michelle Waterson), who has done naked photo shoots". Another example of the ufc and it's morally bankrupt behaviour, fighting " a seriously dangerous looking white woman".

The photoshoots were actually for ESPN's body issue, it's an annual release that does be somewhat anticipated in the US on the lead up to it coming out, Michael Phelps,the Williams sisters,Greg Norman and Ibrahimovic and so on have done it.
    Its more disturbing that he let his 13 year old watch it with his mates.
    Surely at 13 he should be able to spectate a bout?, too many molly coddled teenagers these days! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Try_harder wrote: »
    Joe Brolly loves the sound of his own voices.

He was great in the new Avengers movie.

Advertisement