Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Ich bin not quite 5 foot, ich has nein beines, lol

Es sind immer noch schöne Beine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    Beans was it ;)

to quote Rubberlegs..

"ich has nein beines"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I did German for my 5 years of secondary school and loved it, we even had a German cookery class day where I and another girl made strudel:)
    This is what has stuck in my head from German.
    Der, den, des, dem, die, die, der, der, das, das, des, den, die, die, der, den. We used to have to chant it, I can't remember what it was for now :(

Kitchen tableside pondering life

Nominative, accusative, genitive, dative!

I'm now at the desk singing the following in my head!!!
    accusative
    duch, fur, gegen, ohne, um, wieder, entlang
    dative
    aus, bei, mit, nach, seit, von, zu, gegenuber
    depends (and I usually got it wrong)
    an, auf, hinter, in, neben, vor, uber, unter, zwischen

I need dinner...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It's wet & wild down here.
    Autosport wrote: »
    Your always that way :D
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Windy too

:P

Auto and Ted, wet and wild with some wind. Now that puts al sorts of images in my head.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Lying on the kitchen floor looking for a diamond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As you do.

Hope you find it soon.

Say your username a few times, might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I'm at home, checking emails from a previous job that I still do work for, realising I'll have to work all weekend for what they're looking for. :mad:

Also, just before I left the current job this evening one of the lads tells me I need two new tyres (which I kind of knew) but it has me ****ting it now for the morning when the roads might be lethal. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Tnx for all the good wishes. Mam is in good form all day, had some more tests and a scan.
    A blocking in her artery going up her neck caused her problem, no brain bleed at least which is good.
    She will be OK with medication and will probably get out tomoro.
    At home now watching TV and feeling relieved.
    I will have a beer or two and a whiskey or two tonight, then defo a dry February.
    I need to get back to really normal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope you've found it

• Advertisement

Edward M wrote: »
    Tnx for all the good wishes. Mam is in good form all day, had some more tests and a scan.
    A blocking in her artery going up her neck caused her problem, no brain bleed at least which is good.
    She will be OK with medication and will probably get out tomoro.
    At home now watching TV and feeling relieved.
    I will have a beer or two and a whiskey or two tonight, then defo a dry February.
    I need to get back to really normal.

Lucky woman Edward. My wife had a stroke 18 months ago. Only 49. Clot in the brain. No movement on her left side for months. Two months in the NRH helped a lot and she is now well on the mend. She was left handed so still can't write despite the arm and fingers moving again. But she can walk and is still with me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Room side Contemplating life
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Auto and Ted, wet and wild with some wind. Now that puts al sorts of images in my head.:D

**** me......they must really love each other if they both put up with each others wind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My wife had a stroke 18 months ago. Only 49. Clot in the brain. No movement on her left side for months. Two months in the NRH helped a lot and she is now well on the mend. She was left handed so still can't write despite the arm and fingers moving again. But she can walk and is still with me.

Same side as my dad, spent a couple of months in NRH as well, his speech is still slurred but he got back driving which gave him back some independence, you're missus will get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Same side as my dad, spent a couple of months in NRH as well, his speech is still slurred but he got back driving which gave him back some independence, you're missus will get there.

bless you both and your loved ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Lucky woman Edward. My wife had a stroke 18 months ago. Only 49. Clot in the brain. No movement on her left side for months. Two months in the NRH helped a lot and she is now well on the mend. She was left handed so still can't write despite the arm and fingers moving again. But she can walk and is still with me.

Sorry to hear that Gd, I wish her well and hope she completely recovers.
    I thought mam was gone at first yesterday, from then till now is complete relief, I'm a mammys boy really, always have been :).
    She will come out to us, for a while anyway till we see how she is. My Mrs is taking a week off, she is owed some time anyway.

Edward M wrote: »
    I'm a mammys boy really, always have been :).

Me too :o:o

Ah she's getting there. Age was on her side apparently. But the changes in quality of life are still noticeable. Certainly not the woman she was before it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

On way home from work, making someone’s life miserable via text because they like winding me up when I’m already stressed AF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ah she's getting there. Age was on her side apparently. But the changes in quality of life are still noticeable. Certainly not the woman she was before it happened.
    Age doesn’t matter at all in this life sadly. My mother died at 44. I spent my whole 20s getting my ass kicked by various auto immune conditions that severely impacted the quality of my life, I almost died summer 2016 due to a condition that was untreated, it put me in a myxedema coma. I don’t think my body will ever fully recover, but, there is always someone worse off, and once you’re over the ground there is always hope :)

I hope everyone and their nearest and dearest are well/stay well/get well.

• Advertisement

Accidentally turned off laptop.

Jumped into bed instead of turning it back on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside, under a blanket and in front of the fire. Cozy out, and happy that I have no college or work tomorrow so I can relax all day, and just go to the gym whenever I feel like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope all the mammys and daddys and partner's/ loved ones who are ill , or recuperating , realise how much they are loved by you all , it shows in your posts :)

Bedside , dark night , anyone got an erase button I can borrow ..

Tomorrow is a new day , hope it's a good one for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hope all the mammys and daddys and partner's/ loved ones who are ill , or recuperating , realise how much they are loved by you all , it shows in your posts :)

Bedside , dark night , anyone got an erase button I can borrow ..

Tomorrow is a new day , hope it's a good one for everyone :)

Things are always brighter in the morning Mam, hope it's a good one for you

I am in bed, just shut down the laptop trying to make headway on some work that just won’t come together for me. But I am off tomorrow.
    Hopefully after a long weekend I might feel like tackling it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Things are always brighter in the morning Mam, hope it's a good one for you

I am in bed, just shut down the laptop trying to make headway on some work that just won’t come together for me. But I am off tomorrow.
    Hopefully after a long weekend I might feel like tackling it again.

Ah , will all be grand Poochie , just one of those evenings , thank you :)

And hopefully after the weekend , the work will just fall right into place for you !

Couchside again. Content.
    Day from hell: pretty much just kept my cool and handled it. Squeezed in a spot of late night shopping and drinks with an old friend which put everything in my little world to rights again. Old friends who just care about you and what's going on there (and don't even pretend to care about your work s#%*) really are the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Bed, I lost 1lb. Hit 3 stone gone with drink and chocolate this week. So I celebrated with an apple and a slice of roast beef. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Time for keto diet
    I have to admit that KETO works for me, but its tough so I need a massive kick in the arse to make me follow it.

I have two weeks before we are supposed to set off for an Asian tour, so might try it for those two weeks as there is no way that I'm going to Asia without gorging on the local food.

Lets see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »
    I have to admit that KETO works for me, but its tough so I need a massive kick in the arse to make me follow it.

I have two weeks before we are supposed to set off for an Asian tour, so might try it for those two weeks as there is no way that I'm going to Asia without gorging on the local food.

Lets see :)

I hope KL is on the agenda?

Not long up and had brunch. Doing laundry and then going poolside. Love having my mornings back to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Bed. But still awake. Gone down to the weird side of YouTube

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement