Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed trying to sleep but can’t because I’m wondering what height Dolly Parton is but I can’t google because if I fall down that rabbit hole by the time I come up for air it’ll be 8am

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In bed trying to sleep but can’t because I’m wondering what height Dolly Parton is but I can’t google because if I fall down that rabbit hole by the time I come up for air it’ll be 8am

1.52 metres, 4.98 feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In bed in a lot of pain and unable to sleep. I can hear my dog whimpering in his pen outside. I feel like he can sense something is not right.

I've had a pretty rough evening yesterday evening. Obviously it was great to see so many people come to the house to see my grandfather and offer their condolences but at the same time it was hard to see him just lying there and there was so much stress going on. One person after another flipping out at me for something that wasn't my fault. I was happy when it was time to take my sleeping tablets and go to bed. Still getting loads of messages of support from friends which is seriously helpful.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day. Probably hospital review in the morning and funeral in the evening. Will have to try and pull myself together and write a eulogy in the middle of all that. If I have a chance I will give you guys updates as to how things arw going.

On that note it's such a shame to come back and see infighting in this thread of all places where as we have seen there is a wide range of ages (me being the youngest I guess) and people from so many walks of life where I thought we were all friends. I just hope everyone is ok because this thread is my main reason for visiting Boards these days and I'd like to actually meet some of you in person maybe just to see if you match the image I have created in my head so it's a shame to see a closed account.

Here's to taking everyday one day at a time and being thankful for what who and what we have and I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Do take time for yourself Shpud, very important, all will be ok sometimes things get a little off kilter here but such is the ebb and flow.. We're all still rooting for you.

Do take time for yourself Shpud, very important, all will be ok sometimes things get a little off kilter here but such is the ebb and flow.. We're all still rooting for you.

There was a point I was close to walking out earlier I'm not going to lie but I couldn't for the simple fact that me and him were so close and everyone knows that. That's why the picture beside the coffin was of me and him and that's why I'm writing the eulogy. Like I was down there a while ago just sitting next to the coffin and it really puts life into perspective.

• Advertisement

A wake is a good time for thought i think. Been through a few close ones.. Like i said, take care of yourself even ten seconds out here and there to breathe with your eyes closed to help you through the busy times.

Yeah like there was plenty of memories being shared and things like that which was nice. Gave me plenty of ideas of what to write about anyway. It's just there is that pressure especially when I still have all my underlying issues still going on in the background but I'm thankful for you guys and even right now one of my friends is up texting me and helping me through this so at least I know I'm not alone.

The memories are good, maybe a bit painful but good that you are all talking. You've got the strength and support to get through the next few days, then rest, recuperate, talk to the hero nurse and your friends here and elsewhere.

That's the plan I guess and then work on making my way back to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

In bed, in Estonia, havent slept at all yet. Snowing outside and i can hear rats running around the attic. I sleepily thought to myself "They speak Estonian i suppose"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just walked the beach promonade and now he is waiting on his Starbucks cup of cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shivering abed. Suddenly gone colder ..

Blessings and thanks to everyone for thoughts and support.

Feel as if a truck had hit me full on; hard to be so far away and all I can do is pray, light candles and keep vigil. Helpless.

To lose two fine strong men like that. Who lived their whole lives working for the needy.

Dare not let myself weep as I would never stop. I think many of you out there will know that feeling well. A deep well of grief to drown in.

Things had been hard here the last while as at least one of you knows, and it has given my ***** illness reinforcements...

So abed, knitting at my side, making something of beauty to offset the darkness. Anyone want small items eg fingerless gloves, just ask.. delighted to make them....

Blessings and thanks always and forever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Look after yourself Graces7.

Just getting up, putting on the war paint for work. Hopefully will not be as bad as I have built it up to be

TG1 wrote: »

Just getting up, putting on the war paint for work. Hopefully will not be as bad as I have built it up to be

TY VM.. I have five furry purry helpers looking after me here... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    GoneHome wrote: »
    I have to say I could never take to Barry's, too strong of a flavour for me, Lyons all the way. I think my dislike of Barrys came from my Da when I was young "Look at that Blueshirt of a Peter Barry" on tv

That's mad, my Dad would always refer to Barry's tea as Blueshirt tea and wouldn't touch it! To be honest I never had a clue what he was on about ☺️

My great aunt used to say “Even though it’s FG tea, it’s Cork tea, so it’s the best “ she a staunch FFer! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

TG1 wrote: »

Best of luck today

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

TGI Best of luck today :)

Now off to the coalface :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hi hi, hi ho, it's off to work I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I'm going to be cheeky now and guess ages :)

Anyone I missed is also 40 something :)

Ah here, it's bad enough not being on the list name wise, but age wise is missed too.
    I turned 50 last year. :D.
    Off to work now. Unnoticed, old, decrepid, slight hangover, its going to be a tough day, and the rest of the week to come, how old do you have to be to get the pension?

lbc2019 wrote: »
    My great aunt used to say “Even though it’s FG tea, it’s Cork tea, so it’s the best “ she a staunch FFer! Lol

ALL tea is the d's brew :eek:

• Advertisement

Edward M wrote: »
    Ah here, it's bad enough not being on the list name wise, but age wise is missed too.
    I turned 50 last year. :D.
    Off to work now. Unnoticed, old, decrepid, slight hangover, its going to be a tough day, and the rest of the week to come, how old do you have to be to get the pension?

ah comon. At 50 you are still a spring chicken! Try it where I am and i am not finished yet, well not quite..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In work wrecked trying to think of ways to get out of work and relax in my bubble cave.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I never knew the political heritage of our teas. It kinda explains the tea I grew up with.

In from out. Have done the worst of bad jobs I dread,,, a packet for Canada,,,, weighing drives me nuts as within 1 kg it still goes as a packet which is cheaper.. still does at 2 kg but being knitteds gets too bulky to qualify size wise. Some of these rural Mayo postmistresses actually measure with a piece of knotted string :eek:

4 pairs of baggy legwarmer samples away..infinity scarf of infinite length etc etc

All done and out at the gate for our floating postman, and the white flag out to show him there is post to go ....

Does anyone need a girlfriend?

:p

Never knew it was that easy. Must try it some time. :)

Scans list ......

:confused:

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Shpud2 wrote: »
    There was a point I was close to walking out earlier I'm not going to lie but I couldn't for the simple fact that me and him were so close and everyone knows that. That's why the picture beside the coffin was of me and him and that's why I'm writing the eulogy. Like I was down there a while ago just sitting next to the coffin and it really puts life into perspective.

Mind yourself Shpud. Take strength and comfort from all those around you.

Keep any words you plan to say at the funeral very simple, is my advice.
    It can be a difficult thing to do, to deliver an eulogy, because of its nature, it's a very emotional thing to do at a very emotional time.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside, I've left my mojo at home.

Not on list.......
    But the age is right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Morning all.

In work.. so far pretty quiet so reading back for a few.

Didn't make the list either!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement