Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X4: Foundations

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just spent 14mil + on a behemoth builder ship and i still have no clue how managing and building your HQ is meant to work its all a bit hit or miss.
    so that took 10 min to build and then wouldnt follow my commands or go where i wanted it to and i couldnt manually fly it ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Some good mod's out for it now, one that makes your scouts actually scout out zones of space properly when you tell them to explore an area, One which makes the combat more lively looking and a few other cool tweaks i stuck a few on and started a new game, the one that improves station scanning is makes a massive difference i never knew how many missions it unlocked.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Really enjoying this.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anyone still playing?

Bought this in a drunken stuper the other night,the collectors edition no less:(

Been on the wishlist awhile but the plan was to wait for the first expansion to buy it but im gonna get stuck in in the morning after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I bought it but its on the shelf at the moment. The main reason the X games shine for me is the mods.

Hoping for a decent conversion mod from the community and will play it then/when it has a bit more polish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does one of the X games have a really good star wars mod?

Could have swore i saw that somewhere,and the author plans to update it to X4.

X3 had really good total conversion mods, i believe there was mods for starwars, battlestar galactica ect.

The beauty of the X games bar Re-birth (its dog crap) is the modding community is strong and they will mod the game for years.

New DLC out.

'Cradle of Humanity'

Feels very solid. Started new game as a Terran. Zero bugs so far. Frame rate smooth.

Feels like the game is complete.

Good to hear, i have the DLC because of the version i got. I am upgrading my PC so will play it on that.

How you playing the game if you dont mind me asking you using mouse and keyboard or a joystick?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Good to hear, i have the DLC because of the version i got. I am upgrading my PC so will play it on that.

How you playing the game if you dont mind me asking you using mouse and keyboard or a joystick?

Keyboard and mouse. I've now got a fleet of mining ships and scouts. Joystick would be too awkward going back and forth to give commands and orders.

• Advertisement

Keyboard and mouse. I've now got a fleet of mining ships and scouts. Joystick would be too awkward going back and forth to give commands and orders.

Makes sense, i like the ship v ship small combat but once you get to fleets its useless.

I'm going to have to download the friendly fire mod.

I keep accidentally making enemies of allies when engaging in large battles against Xenon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I keep accidentally making enemies of allies when engaging in large battles against Xenon.

That's always been a problem in X games. Did my nut in in X3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In the Young Gun start (possibly all starts?), any reason not to use the free station? Started again yesterday, have a very small fleet and around 4 mill credits. Wondering if i should just go find a better location as my main base, and ignore that for the time being.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been playing this a lot this week, as it runs along nicely while i work. Few stations built up not, producing a bit of money, and need to start building some combat ships to protect them. Game is janky as hell at times, but pretty satisfying building up a space empire. The new 4.0 ships look fantastic as well.

Kiith wrote: »
    Been playing this a lot this week, as it runs along nicely while i work. Few stations built up not, producing a bit of money, and need to start building some combat ships to protect them. Game is janky as hell at times, but pretty satisfying building up a space empire. The new 4.0 ships look fantastic as well.

Automining is a great way to make easy cash.

Advertisement