Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I watched office Christmas party with Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston over the weekend, two hours I can never get back. It's terrible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I watched office Christmas party with Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston over the weekend, two hours I can never get back. It's terrible.

I watched it a few months ago... I didn't hate it... but would I watch it again probably not....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Watched the muppets christmas carol yesterday, had forgotten how good it was!!

Agree with the comments about 'office christmas party' in the posts above, not totally garbage but not great at all either.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Watched the muppets christmas carol yesterday, had forgotten how good it was!!

The soundtrack is unreal for it. I can't wait to throw it on soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    The soundtrack is unreal for it. I can't wait to throw it on soon!

I love the muppets anyway but had always just stuck on 'scrooged' or 'A christmas carol' for that particular story, for some reason had completely bypassed it for years, its genuinely a great addition to the christmas movie collection that I'll not leave out again, the kids had never seen it (to my shame) and loved it as well.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Just came back in and This Morning with Philip and Holly was on the telly. Kurt Russell was being interviewed...he plays Santa
    in the Netflix Christmas Movie which comes out tomorrow !!! Looks very promising.......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Guys. The Princess Switch on Netflix. It has it all.

Vanessa Hudgens playing two characters.
    Terrible English accents.
    A nosey butler.
    Made up countries that end in -avia.
    A cheesy start, middle and end.
    Characters who fall in love in two days.

AND

They watch A Christmas Prince on Netflix in it. Netflixception!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It’s on my list to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

A nosey butler.

AND

Terrible movie. But great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original) is on ITV3 at 3pm tomorrow,

it doesn't get very many airings anymore on the normal channels.

Haven't seen it in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A nosey butler.

AND

I watched it last weekend, loved it!! Like, it was obvious where it was leading after about 3 minutes, but still. Christmas overload! :D
    Once there is a crap tonne of Christmas, snow and festivities I am sorted.

A nosey butler.

AND

Cringiest ending I've ever seen (and that's saying a lot). While I was watching I was thinking it would be OK to let my niece's watch but then in the orphanage or whatever it was the old lady says they can't afford presents for under the tree. Then I thought ah that's OK you could play that off but then she went on to say they hold back a bit of money to fill the stockings. So that ruined that.

A truly terrible movie but of course I still quite enjoyed it. (Maybe especially when yer man had his top off) :D

The sequel to which is out next week, hooray!! :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Just came back in and This Morning with Philip and Holly was on the telly. Kurt Russell was being interviewed...he plays Santa
    in the Netflix Christmas Movie which comes out tomorrow !!! Looks very promising.......

Watched it this morning!! Omg it's actually fab. I really enjoyed it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

ChewChew wrote: »
    Watched it this morning!! Omg it's actually fab. I really enjoyed it!!

Is there any reference to non believing in it? Wouldn't mind watching it but have a 7 year old and don't want any doubt creeping in.

We watch national Lampoons Christmas vacation every year. Still makes me laugh.

Ghekko wrote: »
    Is there any reference to non believing in it? Wouldn't mind watching it but have a 7 year old and don't want any doubt creeping in.

We watch national Lampoons Christmas vacation every year. Still makes me laugh.

There is, briefly at the start. But it is brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There's a made-for-tv Christmas film called Christmas On The Bayou on RTE 1 at 3.45. I've never seen it but I'd imagine that it follows the same formula as the rest of them!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There is, briefly at the start. But it is brief.

Is that the scene where the big brother says, "You actually don't know, do you? There is NO........................ way Santa ever watches your videos." Or is there more?

Ghekko wrote: »

This is soooooo annoying. It's why we've never watched Elf. I check Christmas movies on Common Sense Media and the parent reviews always mention if the possibility that Santa isn't real is mentioned. I'm especially annoyed about Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas. It's a collection of really great Christmas cartoons except for the Goofy one which is aaaaaalllllllllllll about Goofy's son Max not believing in Santa. It's very frustrating.

iguana wrote: »
    Is that the scene where the big brother says, "You actually don't know, do you? There is NO........................ way Santa ever watches your videos." Or is there more?
    Yes, that's the bit

• Advertisement

Yes, that's the bit

Thanks. The reviews for this are excellent so I gave it a bit of a skim through last night and saw that scene which I think we should be well able to watch without questions.

Watched The Christmas Chronicles tonight. Loved it!! :D

Kurt Russell still has the swoon factor for me!

^^ What's it like? I will give it a look tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

That's great. 7 year old wouldn't cop that. Look forward to watching it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Santa Clause is on now, on Sky Christmas.
    I don't think I watched since it was released on video after its cinema release.

I forgot how good it is! All the adult jokes now make sense! So THAT'S what my Dad was laughing at!

Oh I love that film!! :D

OK I have a confession. Until this week I had never watched Arthur Christmas. Not sure why. Just had some strange suspicion it wasn't for me. But now I'm kicking myself for not watching it sooner. It's fantastic!!! I loved every second. It's definitely on my list of favourites and I'll be watching it every year. Might even watch again this year closer to the big day!

Posy wrote: »
    Watched The Christmas Chronicles tonight. Loved it!! :D

Kurt Russell still has the swoon factor for me!

So is it good other than swooning over kurt?

I thought it was really enjoyable anyway. :)

• Advertisement

We watched planes trains and automobiles last night which is kind of Christmasy. I forgot how good it was.

I tried to watch Arthur Christmas last year and had to switch it off.

I see the Christmas Chronicles got 1 star in the Guardian review.

Advertisement