Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter shot British mountain biker

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The aggravated manslaughter element in this sad story probably follows from the fact that the use of a firearm was involved in the unintended unlawful killing.

A one punch fatality in a fight for example could well be prosecuted as manslaughter without the aggravated element because no weapons or firearms of any kind are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

gunny123 wrote: »
    Reading online, the papers are reporting the victim of this accident, was less than a gentleman. He was someone with a long history of abusing women violently. His own mother said she is glad he is dead.
    So maybe not such a great loss after all.

Not a reason to shoot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Reading online, the papers are reporting the victim of this accident, was less than a gentleman. He was someone with a long history of abusing women violently. His own mother said she is glad he is dead.

I see his girlfriend and a variety of "ex-pats" are organising silent bike rides in his memory in their area.
    Also complaining about "weapons of war " and "kalashnikoff type calibres" being used by hunters.
    I didnt bother posting to their campaign page that the 30-06 was never used in the AK range.

Still, high rate of shooting injuries in france. The black portion of the graph shows the number killed.

NggMCJH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Still, high rate of shooting injuries in france. The black portion of the graph shows the number killed.

NggMCJH.jpg

Scereenshotception :pac:

h64GNrJ.jpg

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

ezra_ wrote: »

To have a reason, it would have had to be a deliberate act. It wasn't. It was an accidental shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I see his girlfriend and a variety of "ex-pats" are organising silent bike rides in his memory in their area.
    Also complaining about "weapons of war " and "kalashnikoff type calibres" being used by hunters.
    I didnt bother posting to their campaign page that the 30-06 was never used in the AK range.

meanwhile :

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/marc-sutton-alps-death-mother-mountain-biker-france-rape-death-killed-a8587851.html

His mother, Katrina Toghill, wrote on Facebook that she hoped he would “rot in hell”.

She wrote: “My only disappointment is you died instantly. For any horrified people reading this, I’m not some vicious troll. I’m the woman who gave birth to him. This man was a monster."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

ezra_ wrote: »

And not why he was shot.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement