Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long would you wait for takeaway delivery?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ED E wrote: »
    Dominos can deliver to me within 8 minutes on a good night..... :pac:

So youre getting someones left over pizza then!!

I expect an hour to be the maximum to wait. But i generally ask before ordering so i know what to expect.

Pizza spots around generally deliver in 30-40 minutes which is perfectly acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Oh for the love of godrolleyes.png

I see your jealous of my monocle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I see your jealous of my monocle.

Oh, totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I waited two hours the other night. I'd already paid on Just Eat so I didn't have much choice. When the food got here it was stone cold and half the order was missing.

Waiting is often the least of my problems with these takeaways. I once ordered a Chinese. The delivery driver brought a young girl (she was Chinese so I'm guessing she was the daughter of the owners) with him. The girl rang the doorbell and handed me my food. Just as I was taking it from her the psychotic delivery driver shouted at her "GET IN THE CAR NOW". I don't know if he was pissed off at the girl for some reason or if he thought I was going to do something to her. She got in the car and they sped off before I could complain that I hadn't gotten the bottle of Coke I'd ordered. I left a review on Just Eat at the time but it appears to have been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

5 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days 1 hour and not a minute longer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

engiweirdo wrote: »
    ???? Italian run chipper, Indian/Chinese restaurants, Kebab joints Tec. Explain to me how any of these can be described as anything other than "immigrant businesses" and how that equates to racism? Answers on a postage stamp please.

A practice unique to Ireland, introduced and propagated by foreigners is how you described it.

It's kind of hard to understand that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

How long would you expect to wait for a pint?

Guess what. If you go to a popular pub at ten o'clock on a Saturday night, it will take longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Anybody who waits more than an hour is an idiot. If it's going to take an hour the take away place should advise it could take an hour and understand if someone doesn't want to wait

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Ordering for delivery on a Saturday night is school boy stuff. Collect it yourself and quit your whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

• Advertisement
Advertisement