Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To those who believe WTC 7 didn't fall due to fire, how did it fall?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,185 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal does this look like 1000c fires to you?
    My eyes only work in the visible light spectrum, I cannot see in infrared, or into the parts of the building further in than the windows.

300px-Pahoehoe_toe.jpg

This magma doesn't look particularly hot, but is somewhere between 700 to 1600 C.

maxresdefault.jpg

This tungsten cube isn't 3 times brighter than the magma, but is up to 3 times hotter.

hqdefault.jpg

Does this pan look like it is -40 C or 300 C ?

Humans are not particularly good at gauging temperature from photography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Overheal wrote: »
    What critical thinking led you to believe that? Why is that the only way? Why not by the ways previously described to you? Why not by aliens? Why not by portals? Why not by Merlin's beard?

why not?

That's an awfully big assumption. You aren't leaving room for the possibility that not all floors were engineered equally, and indeed in many high rises they aren't. The top floors are always smaller and lighter because they hold less weight, and being less weight themselves alleviates the spec needed on the floors below. You're also assuming that they wanted to stop moving and swaying (and thermal expansion, even) at all points in the design. Over-constraining a structure can induce internal stresses within it. Buildings aren't designed to be fully rigid, they are designed to sway, and act as spring/dampers against applied forces (Eg. wind, seismic activity), and they are designed with some degree of thermal expansion in mind.

That's hardly surprising to anyone who has ever done Finite Element Analysis (you haven't, I have). When you are designing a structure or assembly you are modeling analytically. They didn't have the same order of magnitude of computer power 10 years ago that we do today, and even still a fully discretized model like you're suggesting would take unnecessary computing power and time to come up with results that are still within the ballpark of R=0.99 for hundreds or thousands of fold more computational resources - so why bother? When you design an assembly the thing to consider is what loads does it need to be specified for (mechanical, thermal) and then you design it for a predictable failure mode - which isn't always at the fasteners, but eg. the steel member itself. Say a steel floor beam: the objective is to hold x,xxx ksi of floor stress (Force/Area), the failure mode you want is plastic yielding, in which the beam fails in the middle (not at the fasteners holding it in place), this failure mode means the floor will bend downward, like an overloaded bookshelf. The bend aka. strain is enough to let people realize in most cases hey wow, this floor is overloaded, and get off or out safely, and because the beam has bent past its plastic yield point, it doesn't return to its original state (elastic failure theory).

Basically their analysis just had to show that the steel went well beyond its ultimate strength, to the limits that it would either fail in the beam itself or that the shear bolts holding it in place would fail. There was no reason to FEA the stress at the bolts until that point, and a big waste of time and effort.

Curved-Steel-Stress-Strain-Curve-Ratio.jpg
    This link explains the failure action of steel pretty well https://www.cmrp.com/blog/faq/analysis-design/exploring-stress-strain-curve-mild-steel.html

This is of course all forgetting that the original 1960s design of the structure made assumptions like the ability to handle a fire started from a single event (not several, as in WTC7) and that there would be a water supression effort in place - except there was no functional supression in WTC7 (the collapse of the towers broke the mains, etc) and the FDNY had decided not to divest resources to the collapse of the towers (and the recovery and the rubble removal) to stop the fires or inevitable collapse of WTC7 which had already been evacuated after the planes hit.

But not any proof. This is all just conjecture. It is not character assassination to point out the fact that his background was in chemicals and his work was in environmental safety and that he was not involved in mechanical engineering, architecture, fire protection engineering, or metallurgy.

There is evidence and I already provided it to you: https://fsel.engr.utexas.edu/pdfs/LEE_PhD_Dissertation_opt1.pdf

At 1000 C (less than 2000 F), steel has an ultimate strength of less than 4 ksi, vs. when it is at room temperature where it has well over 60 ksi.

He can say it all he wants but where is evidence the conversation took place? Is he just allowed to put words into the CEO's mouth? What does the CEO say about this?

They mentioned it, very clearly in their report.

Perhaps the WTC asbestos fireproofing was treated with sulfur: https://patents.google.com/patent/US3256106A/en

Or perhaps the sulfur in the metal compound was sufficient to cause the reaction. The FEMA report lists this as "suggestions for further research." It was not in their scope to investigate. It could well be that a) the steel had enough sulfur in it for the phenomena (ie. FEMA acknowledged concern this event could happen to other steel structures in the future), b) the asbestos was treated chemically with sulfur in its manufacture, c) thermite!!!@#1312! or d) aliens and lizardpeople teleported sulfur powder there

FEMA's metallurgical analysis suggests the steel they believed was from WTC7 experienced temperatures of up to 1000 C. NIST determined the temperatures in WTC7 Exceeded 600 C. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I can tell already you just speculating, expressing viewpoints, and don't know the true facts about the collapse. I have told you already it was impossible and explained why and you still don't get it.

You posting false factoids that don't need to be debunked again for you benefit. I have done it already in different threads

Example is this. Debunked and does not need to be discussed anymore. Videos are available online debunking this and i have posted already.
    Perhaps the WTC asbestos fireproofing was treated with sulfur: https://patents.google.com/patent/US3256106A/en

Maybe you need to hear the information from engineer like Dr Hulsey. He compares his study to the NIST study and talks about what they did wrong and did right. Maybe the language he expresses will help you understand the problem?

I leave one video here for you to watch. I going to take a break until Dr Hulsey and NIST study can be compared scientifically side by side.

See you in 2023 so

It is out soon and It best to wait and then continue the debate. The study is completed it just going through internal review now to catch errors and mistakes in the language.

WTC7 is still the only steel framed high rise building in history to totally collapse from just a fire. The only one ever.

Twin Towers you have the planes and Jet fuel

NIST says the cause was fire. Dr Hulsey was not caused by fire. With only the NIST study available right now we can only look at their body of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,833 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The announcement for Dr Hulsey's review sponsored by conspiracy group AE911

http://action.ae911truth.org/o/50694/t/0/blastContent.jsp?email_blast_KEY=1336103
    Unlike NIST, which has refused to release all of its modeling data based on the untenable excuse that doing so “might jeopardize public safety,” UAF and AE911Truth will make this study completely open and transparent.

lol
    Soon, we will begin posting the process on the website WTC7Evaluation.org, where members of the architecture and engineering communities, as well as the general public, can follow and scrutinize the research as it is being conducted.

lol
    By making the study open and transparent throughout the entire process

lol
    We ask you to be an integral part of this journey by becoming a sustaining supporter of the study until it is completed in April 2017

LOL
    Because I believe so much in the UAF study, I’m starting with my own one-time donation of $500 and becoming a monthly sustaining supporter at the $25/month level. I welcome you to do both as well!

Almost a religious tinge to the whole thing

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The announcement for Dr Hulsey's review sponsored by conspiracy group AE911

http://action.ae911truth.org/o/50694/t/0/blastContent.jsp?email_blast_KEY=1336103

lol

lol

lol

LOL

Almost a religious tinge to the whole thing

They are not sponsored by the US government or other institutions and they survive by public donations. Again unfair criticism.

Spending 300,000 dollars of their money to have a study is ignored by you. They are going to release all their models, calculations and data for mainstream Architects and engineers can peer review and comment on. They not like NIST refusing to release their data to be peer-reviewed and refusing to debate in public the merits of their study.

The truthers are doing actually what Naom Chomsky told them to do (video Nal posted). Plus their evidence they have is being shown to a grand jury they are reviewing the evidence in the New York district court.

• Advertisement

I can tell already you just speculating, expressing viewpoints, and don't know the true facts about the collapse. I have told you already it was impossible and explained why and you still don't get it.

You posting false factoids that don't need to be debunked again for you benefit. I have done it already in different threads

Example is this. Debunked and does not need to be discussed anymore. Videos are available online debunking this and i have posted already.

Maybe you need to hear the information from engineer like Dr Hulsey. He compares his study to the NIST study and talks about what they did wrong and did right. Maybe the language he expresses will help you understand the problem?

I leave one video here for you to watch. I going to take a break until Dr Hulsey and NIST study can be compared scientifically side by side.

I can tell you are just speculating, soapboxing your viewpoint, and don’t know the true events of the collapse. It has already been explained how it was possible and you still don’t get it. You’re posting falsehoods that don’t need to be debunked again for your benefit, as it has already all been done before.

u_21506828.jpg

What color is this kettle? What does that tell us about how hot it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It is out soon and It best to wait and then continue the debate. The study is completed it just going through internal review now to catch errors and mistakes in the language.

WTC7 is still the only steel framed high rise building in history to totally collapse from just a fire. The only one ever.

Twin Towers you have the planes and Jet fuel

NIST says the cause was fire. Dr Hulsey was not caused by fire. With only the NIST study available right now we can only look at their body of work.

You said
    You do not post the pics you say exist. The building was not unstable. NIST even said so in their own report.

Anyway, I going to take a break and come back when Dr Hulsey study is out I post when the new info available. All we have right now is the NIST report. The Truthers will have their own Study out soon and can be peer-reviewed by mainstream architects and engineers.

And yet here you are! You just cannot stop with the lies!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You said

And yet here you are! You just cannot stop with the lies!

What he really means is "Im taking a break because Ive been presented with too much fact and proof and Im being laughed at".

Now I’m not expert in controlled demolition, but I just am not on board with the theory for a few reasons.

The first being the noise and burst/debris levels: to apply the sudden, fraction of a second force, you would need to sever steel beams at several floors to cause the collapse to happen the truther way - the explosions would surely be HUGE, not Little farts from a few windows while the ceiling was collapsing in each floor. Quick compilation on YT of actual building demos btw: https://youtu.be/V9x86Ind880

You’re probably familiar with air pressure. Any sort of blast that could have blown out steel columns would have destroyed every window on the floor in question, and sent out massive amounts of debris from the office inside. Explosives work on a reaction causing a massive expansion of hot gasses. Opening your front door meanwhile is enough air pressure change to push around other doors in your house. An explosion (much less several for several beams) just has far too much pressure being forced out of far too enclosed an area to only be pushed out of a handful of windows. If explosives were used the entire building would have been shrapnel - you wouldn’t see some windows farting you’d see office furniture and computers and shards of glass flung across city blocks in every direction from the combustion points. No, from what I see the few windows farting is more evidence of a simpler ‘bellows’ effect.

If thermite had really been used, they would have needed lots and lots (and lots - hundreds of pounds) to melt each beam in the manner of milliseconds the truthers require for the theory to hold. That much thermite would have been seen itself as big white sources of light (and I mean biiiiig). You’d see what essentially appear to be sparklers/fireworks going off inside the building. We just don’t see that happen in the WTC. https://youtu.be/rdCsbZf1_Ng (Brainiac, when they melted through an aluminum engine block)

Futhermore: math is really hard. Like, really really hard, when you are talking about trying to (especially on computer modeling that is 20 years older than currently is seen today) simulate the essentially vertical implosion of not one, not two, but three different office buildings, where none of the floors are uniformly loaded, with different filing cabinets and furniture and all hell else, by use of explosives, which themselves generate all sorts of massive and uncertain transient forces - it’s gonna get real freaking hairy.

Also further to that: why bother? If the goal is to a) cause terrorism with planes and b) use demolitions to ramp up the collateral damage and c) take out at least one other building, WTC7 - it would have been a lot easier to have actually used controlled demolition to force the buildings to fall sideways. You could have had one tower fall on to WTC7 (boom, government paper theory sorted out), and another just fall further out and take 2 or so other buildings with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

I support the findings of the NIST that fire ultimately brought the building down (weakened steel, thermal expansion, etc)

But the crowd you are hailing as good architects disagrees
    The Council does not agree with the NIST statement that the failure was a
    result of the buckling of Column 79

Do you agree with that statement ?

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    This is waffle.

Show the math you used to reach your figure.
    It's very simple.
    By refusing to do so, you are just embarrassing yourself even more.

There's no point discussing free fall with you if you don't understand basic physics.
    And right now, it's very clear you don't understand basic physics.

It is really insignificant people on forums know physics

It gets embarrassing when an official investigation doesn't understand it and have to be corrected by a high school physics teacher

That is where your faux outrage so be focusing on

Who blew these buildings up, what were their names? anyone?

Not knowing the names automatically makes a few office fires a valid hypothesis ... correct ?

There is no proof in that video of a building being demolished in the way you have claimed.

Please show proof of a building being demolished by controlled explosion where all of the explosives were detonated simultaneously simultaneously.

Also please show evidence that fibre optics can/have been used to detonate explosives.

You have constantly badgered people to provide evidence without ever backing up your ridiculous claims. Please provide the evidence or be labelled a fraud.

With all do respect ... show me a building that collapsed like wtc7 due to sporadic office fires ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

weisses wrote: »
    It is really insignificant people on forums know physics

It gets embarrassing when an official investigation doesn't understand it and have to be corrected by a high school physics teacher

That is where your faux outrage so be focusing on
    Weisses, welcome back.
    You never answered the simple question you were asked:
    How long does it take for a ball to fall from the same height of the WTC7?

I am asking because it demonstrates the fact that you, and cheerful are incapable of doing basic physics.
    And as you are incapable of doing basic physics and don't understand concepts like what free fall actually is, your opinion of what supposed "experts" said is simply not worth considering.

You are parroting the notion that the NIST got the physics wrong without actually knowing what that means or how it proves your preferred theory.

The answer to your concerns about the NIST's comments on freefall is simple:
    You just don't understand them as you do not understand physics.

With all do respect ... show me a building that collapsed like wtc7 due to sporadic office fires ?

Show me a building that collapsed due to a controlled explosion that didn't make any explosive noises?

Have a look and listen to these much smaller buildings being demolished. This is what it sounds like. To bring down WT7 (never mind the towers) the noise would've been absolutely deafening and echoed all around Manhattan and surrounding boroughs. Its a genuinely laughable conspiracy theory.

The Nal wrote: »
    Show me a building that collapsed due to a controlled explosion that didn't make any explosive noises?
    Or a controlled demolition that was conducted in secret.
    Or a controlled demolition that involved any type of thermite.
    Or a controlled demolition that occurred during a fire.
    Or one that combines all of those...

Or a controlled demolition that occurred during a fire.

Amazing that the raging fires didn't set off any explosives until Larry told them to "pull it".

You are parroting the notion that the NIST got the physics wrong without actually knowing what that means or how it proves your preferred theory.

NIST got the physics wrong ... No one disagrees with that it was pointed out to them and is widely accepted

The fact if I do or don't know physics is irrelevant

Have a look and listen to these much smaller buildings being demolished. This is what it sounds like. To bring down WT7 (never mind the towers) the noise would've been absolutely deafening and echoed all around Manhattan and surrounding boroughs. Its a genuinely laughable conspiracy theory.

That is not an answer to my simple question

show me a building that collapsed like wtc7 due to sporadic office fires

Amazing that the raging fires didn't set off any explosives until Larry told them to "pull it".

Well in the end they were able to pull it (like Larry suggested )

• Advertisement

Do you really think they are going to bring down the building like that? Everyone would know then for sure it was controlled demolition. The conspirators are far smarter than this.

NIST got the physics wrong ... No one disagrees with that it was pointed out to them and is widely accepted
    No, people disagree with it. People who are actually scientists working in fields of engineering for example.
    For another example, the NIST report was peer reviewed and no issue with the physics was raised.
    The fact if I do or don't know physics is irrelevant
    It is relevant as you are unable to actually explain what about the physics is wrong. You simply have to parrot what you are told by "experts", which you accept uncritically.

And the fact that you can't simply admit your lack of knowledge shows that you are dishonest.
    Then when you tried to pretend that you knew what you were talking about, you embarrassed yourself as bad as cheerful did.
    For example, comments like "the freefall needed time to ramp up".
    It was hilarious.

You believe the physics in the NIST was wrong.
    Bully for you.
    You don't understand physics so no one really cares about your belief.

Do you really think they are going to bring down the building like that? Everyone would know then for sure it was controlled demolition. The conspirators are far smarter than this.

How did they do it then?

That is not an answer to my simple question

show me a building that collapsed like wtc7 due to sporadic office fires

Show me a building that was made out of steel frame with an aluminum wall structure and had no fire suppression from sprinklers or a fire department and that had just experienced not one but two magnitude 2+ earthquakes, and was also caught on fire from multiple points of ignition?

Doubly so as apparently, it was thermite, which goes off like the dickens when exposed to any fire.

And remember, according to Larry's confession, he didn't tell anyone to pull it. He politely suggested it to the real mastermind.

No, people disagree with it. People who are actually scientists working in fields of engineering for example.
    For another example, the NIST report was peer reviewed and no issue with the physics was raised.

Did NIST accounted for free fall acceleration in their initial report ? yes or no

You don't understand physics so no one really cares about your belief.

But its your belief that authorities could have allowed the attacks to happen

And I do care about your beliefs

Did NIST accounted for free fall acceleration in their initial report ? yes or no

“Scientists update their conclusions based on new data so it’s obviously a conspiracy”

Doubly so as apparently, it was thermite, which goes off like the dickens when exposed to any fire.

And remember, according to Larry's confession, he didn't tell anyone to pull it. He politely suggested it to the real mastermind.

Raging fires in three buildings, all full to the brim with thermite that had secretly been placed there some time previously (timeframe TBC) and none of the thermite detonated until the smart conspirators decided to.

People actually believe this.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Show me a building that was made out of steel frame with an aluminum wall structure and had no fire suppression from sprinklers or a fire department and that had just experienced not one but two magnitude 2+ earthquakes, and was also caught on fire from multiple points of ignition?

Is this answer a question with a question Tuesday ?

I can show you steel frame buildings who sustained much more damage then wtc7 and were still standing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement