Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 13th October

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

5.45 Chelmsord, I'm laying El Gumryah @ 1.88/1.89. I suppose it would make sense to back the second fav at around 3.4/3.5'ish as it really does look a 2 horse race but I did similar recently and I got burned so just going for the lay here on El Gumryah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

irishgoat wrote: »
    5.45 Chelmsord, I'm laying El Gumryah @ 1.88/1.89. I suppose it would make sense to back the second fav at around 3.4/3.5'ish as it really does look a 2 horse race but I did similar recently and I got burned so just going for the lay here on El Gumryah.

She's run in some fairly hot novice events. She should really be winning this if taking to the surface.

Good shout. I thought she had the best form but not my type of race to be betting on.

I'd say it will do well on the surface in time. It's by no nay never and it would be a fairly decent sort or average was my thinking. It started @ 8/1 in a class 5 on debut so I had my suspicions that it's just average at best. Crisford seems to do well at Wolves and Chelmsford that was the only negative in my mind. Also regarding the second fav, the jockey on it put me off backing it. He let me down in the past a few times by narrow margins when
    he should have got the horse up but I won't complain.

6.45 Chelmsford. Aguerooo, I don't like it at all, laying @ 3.5. Trappy race, going to have a small few bob e.w on Zorowar at decent odds with the actually bookmakers.

• Advertisement

Last bet of the night for me, 7.15 Chelmford, Lethal Angel, backed @ 2.96. This morning I had this race between lethal angel and Kodicat, now with the money for lethal angel I have to go with it.

Hope people made a few quid today, it was some really decent racing.

Til tomorrow

I'm not with it at all, I'm doing the homework for tomorrow and noticed Chelmsford is still on, for some reason I thought it was over. I'll be having another 2 unexpected bets that I have starred from this morning. 8.45 Chels, I'll be laying that Yaa Mous around 3.2 and in the 9.15 I'll consider having a fairly decent win bet on that Dame Nellie around 1.8 at the minute. It's gone up 10lbs in the last month but the filly is in form. The only concern is it's up 3 furlongs. I think if Murphy holds her up and just cruises there nicely it'll win well by a few lengths, at least I hope.

On a side note, the racing looks pretty good for tomorrow, some good class 1 and 2 @ goodwood. And o brien has a talking horse in the first at navan, looks decent racing for a dreary sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I'm not with it at all, I'm doing the homework for tomorrow and noticed Chelmsford is still on, for some reason I thought it was over. I'll be having another 2 unexpected bets that I have starred from this morning. 8.45 Chels, I'll be laying that Yaa Mous around 3.2 and in the 9.15 I'll consider having a fairly decent win bet on that Dame Nellie around 1.8 at the minute. It's gone up 10lbs in the last month but the filly is in form. The only concern is it's up 3 furlongs. I think if Murphy holds her up and just cruises there nicely it'll win well by a few lengths, at least I hope.

On a side note, the racing looks pretty good for tomorrow, some good class 1 and 2 @ goodwood. And o brien has a talking horse in the first at navan, looks decent racing for a dreary sunday.

Have you ever backed anything over 2/1?? Mug of the highest order

That horse hasn't been anywhere Near 3.2 on the exchange since about 4 o clock today I was looking at the race earlier. There was 700 quid or so matched at that price then and it is still the only amount matched. Your telling us a few porkies.

Kauto wrote: »
    Have you ever backed anything over 2/1?? Mug of the highest order

Sure I do, but not regularly. Mug of the highest order ? That is comical. I've had 5 wins from 7 bets today and one of them losers was a small e.w. I'm hoping by the night is out it will be 7 from 9. I'm very well up for the day. How was your day ?

Kiers I've layed it @ 3.35 and 3.4 and I have proof on my betfair transactions if it's required of me. It was hovering around 3.20/3.25 up and down as it goes.

Just hope it loses now or it's immaterial!

• Advertisement

All I can say is oh my god lol

Sure I do, but not regularly. Mug of the highest order ? That is comical. I've had 5 wins from 7 bets today and one of them losers was a small e.w. I'm hoping by the night is out it will be 7 from 9. I'm very well up for the day. How was your day ?

Kiers I've layed it @ 3.35 and 3.4 and I have proof on my betfair transactions if it's required of me. It was hovering around 3.20/3.25 up and down as it goes.

Just hope it loses now or it's immaterial!

No bothers. Honestly people aftertiming prices is one of my pet hates.
    Almost as bad as aftertiming winners. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

People love trying to catch lads out on here. No positive comments about irishgoat's winners / reasoning etc. - just needless criticisms.

FatRat wrote: »
    People love trying to catch lads out on here. No positive comments about irishgoat's winners / reasoning etc. - just needless criticisms.

In fairness I have been giving him feedback good and bad. As I said aftertiming prices is just something I dislike.

They are having some go off this Ian Williams horse 20s into 9/2

kiers47 wrote: »
    In fairness I have been giving him feedback good and bad. As I said aftertiming prices is just something I dislike.

I'll take any feedback, you have to have a hard neck in life and take the bad with the good and vice versa. I've never aftertimed a race or a price.
    Last night for instance, that arthur horse that I layed today. I said something like currently 2.0 on the exchange. There was about 100 matched on the exchange. The prices I mention are the prices currently available when I post my selection. That dame nellie was 1.8'ish when I posted, I backed it @ 1.92.

You seem pretty knowledgeable Kiers. I can take flak or a bit of whatever. But people like Kauto, well just put it this way people like him should be avoided in life in general. They know nothing and think they know it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

FatRat wrote: »

sadly there's always been a few (not many) who are quick to criticise but none to quick to pay a compliment yet those people are the ones who never
    post a fancy at all as far as I can see.

The laying is a dangerous game...dabbled for a while and laying a winner at around 3/1 or so hurts like hell but it's nice to see lads posting at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

At least Irishgoat is contributing.

That is what it is all about for me

kiers47 wrote: »
    They are having some go off this Ian Williams horse 20s into 9/2

was so hard to make a case for it but you just never know at times and
    like so many other of its races it barely beat a horse

The winner of the 6.45 race was forecast around 11/2, won a race two runs back yet still went off at 50s and a betfair price of 167/1 :eek:
    The only horse in the line up to win this season also, didn't see the race or even look at the racecard myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

3;25 chepstow think gosheven can take this currently 6/1 bet 365 rfc with coolany 11/4 gl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

abarkie wrote: »
    At least Irishgoat is contributing.

That is what it is all about for me

The forum is past its sell by date. Plenty of contributing factors to it..

I've a young family myself now, so I don't get a tenth of the time I used to to have a look at a race card.

I hope it picks up once the jumps is back in full swing.

^^

same as above...can be a bit of a guessing game not knowing a lot
    of the runners but you still want to have a bet.
    It's mostly just a saturday thing for me now, way too hard to make a few
    quid when you don't get to watch a lot of it.
    saturday gone was my first winning one in about 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

ITV still on a love in with the flat though and for the next few weeks

Will only the November meeting at Cheltenham when it will change

Hopefully the forum will pick up a bit then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

mailburner wrote: »
    ^^

same as above...can be a bit of a guessing game not knowing a lot
    of the runners but you still want to have a bet.
    It's mostly just a saturday thing for me now, way too hard to make a few
    quid when you don't get to watch a lot of it.
    saturday gone was my first winning one in about 80 years...

FYP :pac:

Advertisement